King's Island removing fans?!

qscott86

Has anyone else noticed that the fans with mist are disappearing from several of the queues. I noticed fans missing from Delirium, Stunt Coaster, Fllight Deck, and The Racer to name a few. Are they removing fans in order to sell more $4 beverages? Those fans really help when its 90+ degrees out.

....I didn't even know those four attractions HAD fans with misters in their queues.

Delirium and Backlot Stunt Coaster definitely did because you can see where they used to be and I remember those well.

What you see are the old footings for the Queue TV's that used to be in those lines.

Has anyone else noticed that the fans with mist are disappearing from several of the queues. I noticed fans missing from Delirium, Stunt Coaster, Fllight Deck, and The Racer to name a few. Are they removing fans in order to sell more $4 beverages? Those fans really help when its 90+ degrees out.

Errrrr

Racer: never had mist fans

Delirium: never had mist fans

FD: never had mist fans

SC: I'm 99% positive never had mist fans

• It's been soooo hot this season, you probably saw a mirage of a fan, much like people wandering the desert see an 'oasis.'

• I thought, by the title, this was going to be another commentary about a certain facebook page...

• If they did remove misters in order to sell more beverages... viva Capitalism!

Badda Bing! Thank you. I'll be here all week.

Hmm .. well my memory must be failing me. They need to add more fans for sure. Why have the TVs been removed? They could have re-done the video.

People treat the TV's just like signs- they are ignored. Combine that with the: cost of the TV's, maintenance of the TV's, cost of the videos, and the cost of ASCAP & BMI, (and other costs) the TV's were probably found to be an unnecessary expense.

I would prefer a park wide sound system (speakers) hooked up to a DJ booth located in the former Tower Gardens.

The park could use the interactivity between the rides (queues) and the gardens area to their advantage.

Come Pride Night. Every Year they have a DJ streaming all throughout the park.

I would prefer a park wide sound system (speakers) hooked up to a DJ booth located in the former Tower Gardens.

The park could use the interactivity between the rides (queues) and the gardens area to their advantage.

That's what I enjoy at Cedar Point. Some of the major attractions have DJ booths to play music through the queue lines. It'd be interesting to see KI do this. The DJs are only there during high capacity days and something like Itunes plays from the stations when a DJ is not present.

Slightly off topic, but I was just thinking about the CRT TVs the other day... Wasn't Diamondback's announcement video played on them shortly after it was announced? I seem to remember watching it in Beast's and Vortex's stations. It was a pretty cool effect, but I can see how maintenance costs would lead to their removal.

Come Pride Night. Every Year they have a DJ streaming all throughout the park.

I thought that the "streaming" were just floats featuring Liza Minnelli & Elton John! ;)

I sure hope they removed some of the fans from lesser-ridden rides to add to those long queues of DB and Firehawk. Diamondback was never too bad but Firehawk's queue brings back horrible memories.

Anyone else think those shade tarps are just a tease?

I sure hope they removed some of the fans from lesser-ridden rides to add to those long queues of DB and Firehawk. Diamondback was never too bad but Firehawk's queue brings back horrible memories.

Anyone else think those shade tarps are just a tease?

Ive never seen Firehawk's queue that short!