Extended hours for Boomerang Bay

Guest KingsIslandPR

Guest KingsIslandPR

Hope everyone is having a great summer! I wanted to let you know that we're going to keep Boomerang Bay open for an extra hour until 8:00pm Monday, July 18 through Sunday, July 24. Our 15-acre water park is included free with park admission to Kings Island.

No offense, but is that an official account or an impostor? I see nothing on the official KI website about these extended hours, though the username matches that used on the park's official Twitter account.

EDIT: I see now that the aforementioned Twitter account verifies the extended hours, but I'm still a little leery of accepting the KIC account as an official account until I see verification of the "officialness" of the KIC account from some source that I know to be official.

EDIT 2: I've posted a question on KI's Facebook wall to try to get confirmation either way.

EDIT 3: Edited to clarify the first edit.

Edited by jcgoble3

Let me clarify. I trust both their Facebook and Twitter accounts. However, the fact that their Twitter account has the same name and posted the same information does not prove that the KIC account is official, as it's still theoretically possible for an impostor to have created the KIC account a while back and have just copied the info. I'd ask them about it on Twitter, but I don't have a Twitter account, so I posted the question to their Facebook page instead. Does that make sense? (I've edited my first post directly to clarify what I meant as well.)

Hope everyone is having a great summer! I wanted to let you know that we're going to keep Boomerang Bay open for an extra hour until 8:00pm Monday, July 18 through Sunday, July 24. Our 15-acre water park is included free with park admission to Kings Island.

Allow me to be the first suck up to say, welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy it.

No offense, but is that an official account or an impostor? I see nothing on the official KI website about these extended hours, though the username matches that used on the park's official Twitter account.

EDIT: I see now that the aforementioned Twitter account verifies the extended hours, but I'm still a little leery of accepting the KIC account as an official account until I see verification of the "officialness" of the KIC account from some source that I know to be official.

EDIT 2: I've posted a question on KI's Facebook wall to try to get confirmation either way.

I'm still a little leery of Boomarang Bay in general.

Over my visits to the park for the last 20 years, I've only been to the water park a few times. I decided on my trip a few weeks ago to dedicate most of one day to it. It really is nice. It is very clean, has so many water slides, and is very well staffed. I think it's a nice change from the main park. They have really made the shops over there very nice, too. I highly recommend it.

I'm still a little leery of Boomarang Bay in general.

Honestly typically so am I, but I plan on going tomorrow and with as hot as it's supposed to be I'm thinking I'll take my chances.

You get five back of the fifteen, I hear.

When we went, there were none available. It was one of the Military Days.

Everyone keeps selling the lockers. There were none available.

Really.

None to be had.

They can put more lockers behind the pavilions. They could charge less money with more lockers, and still make up the difference. They can have fewer broken lockers. On days when there are no lockers to be had, maybe add and extra security person or two, simply because with no lockers to be had, one might have to depend on the honestly of strangers, which doesn't work.

There were no lockers available when we got there. So the locker argument has become rather moot.

Or park in the water park parking lot and leave all valuables and unnecessary items in your car until you are done. Thats what we do. Its really no hassle and saves you however much a locker is. I haven't bought a locker in years.

I did that. That's how I'm only out 800.00 in replacing stolen stuff instead of 2000.00