Fast Lane

muppetfan1999

This would be great for a single rider, but for a family of 5, that's an additional $250 for 7 hours of no waiting. Too bad this can't be incorporated into a season pass somehow...like say x amount available for purchase by passholders.

Pros: Good for one day, Saturday visitors.

Bad: No discount for passholders, time restriction, and the whopping 50 DOLLARS!

Now this isn't a poor idea, but the price tag is outrageous! Sure you don't have to wait for a certain time such as Disney or Dollywood, still it's crazy. If a family of 4 comes for one day to the park that means over $200 in park fees. Then if they want to skip lines, that's another $200! To have this system be almost the same price as a general park admission is not the right thing to do. I may not run my own business, but if I were running this option I would put the price around $30 at the most! At Dollywood one Q-Bot is $15, much less of a price for a family! This year of KI has been really good for the park with the addition of WS and DA! Many people don't want to pay $5 for DA! Let alone $50 for this. Sorry if this post seems poorly written or rantish, this just doesn't seem like a good addition for the price.

• Like 1

Maybe they waited this long to use the remaining season to test it out for next season and hear/see peoples reactions to it. If not a lot of people use the Fast Lane then I see them lowering the price next year. I am not going to be using it for $50! I would for $20 but that will probably never happen.

Guest PizzaBaby027

Anyone remember Mathew Ouimet talking about adding fast lanes to reduce ticket prices. I can't believe it, already a week or so into the business, ONLY AS PRESIDENT, and look at what we got. Fast lanes, at a crazy price. sigh, extended hours at BB and KI now is on KICentral.....WOW biggrin.gif

Hopefully they will see that no one is buying them and lower the prices. And if I remember pass holders used to get this feature for free.

Yes, I remember Paramount did things like Double ride Tuesdays and Walk On days. It was the first 1,000 passholders to get in the park got little slips for the Fast Lane. I remember always getting up early to get to the park to get these passes :D

$50 is madness! and the fact that there is no option for just picking the rides you want to save money is also rediculous. that being said, i will NEVER pay extra just so i dont have to wait in line. Even if it was reasonably priced, which btw this is definately not. oh andKings Island did used to have gold pass lanes on most long wait attractions and that was FREE. they even had double ride tuesdays as well! /oh how things have changed....

Just commented on the post on Facebook. I said 30-35 is much more reasonable. I also think Gold Pass holders should get this feature free or even for a $50fee add it to the Gold Pass as an add on...

EDIT: Also you can only go through the line from Noon to 7pm....

EDIT 2: You also can't get on Invertigo that kinda sucks....

I don't know that I've ever actually posted here, but I read constantly. I just read about this on Facebook and I'm all riled up. We love being Platinum Pass holders and the opportunity to hop between Cedar Point and KI all summer, but this is just insulting to the people who support the park year after year. If you're a Platinum holder and people can skip line AHEAD of you, that's kind of a slap in the face.

This makes it a lot easier to just pick Holiday World next year and be done with it. We'll get our one yearly visit to KI out of the way early in the season to avoid the lines entirely.

At first I wasn't too sure about this, now that we know the full details I love it! I no longer have to plan to go on an empty day to ride everything. Although it's still $50, it seems worth it to me! I'll definitely do it! You got to think, all they have to spend on these are a little advertising, banners and signs around the park, maybe a few extra employees, a web developer to add this to the website, and the actual wristbands. After that is paid off (in no time), it's all profit! This could get us something in the future!

I'm trying to see how it works though. The website says to enter through the fastpass entrance, on some of these rides I don't know where that'd be. It's probably just the exit.

I really hope to see other Cedar Fair parks to get this, and I hope it's available during Haunt (maybe even add a fee haunts to it)!

Maybe the $50 amount is so that a huge amount of people don't do it, that way people waiting in line don't get angry when 30 guests go to the front of the line.

Good point. If it was cheap then everyone would get one and it would be pointless.

Reading the comments on KI facebook is making me mad. Why are season pass holders so angry at this, its not like KI is making anyone pay more money its a choice. I know you payed a lot for your season pass but still it's not the end of the world. Just wait in the line like you always do and pretend the Fast Lane isn't even there.

So what kind of an impact will this have on the ride times for the rest of us that won't be using the fast lanes? Will it make the waits longer, or will it be the same because these people would be in line anyways? So what kind of an impact will this have on the ride times for the rest of us that won't be using the fast lanes? Will it make the waits longer, or will it be the same because these people would be in line anyways?

Maybe the $50 amount is so that a huge amount of people don't do it, that way people waiting in line don't get angry when 30 guests go to the front of the line.

Exactly! The price is very fair. If you can't wait in line with everyone else, you will have to pay. Let's not forget, KI offers VIP Tours, which includes front of the line passes for $249.00 a person. It's up to you to decide if the other benefits are worth the additional $200.00.

So what kind of an impact will this have on the ride times for the rest of us that won't be using the fast lanes? Will it make the waits longer, or will it be the same because these people would be in line anyways? So what kind of an impact will this have on the ride times for the rest of us that won't be using the fast lanes? Will it make the waits longer, or will it be the same because these people would be in line anyways?

If its like Disney the lines will get longer in the lines. Just wait till a big group shows up.

For those saying "IT SHOULD BE CHEAPER!!!!!11"

If it was really cheap, that line would be longer than the regular line... just sayin'.

If they want to charge $50 that's fine. I just don't like fast pass or speed pass in parks. At Universal I was in a line for Spiderman that had a 10 min wait and a big group showed up and I waited 40 min.

The line goes a lot faster with out fast pass just ask someone that goes to Disneyland. :)

Big Mistake by Kings Island.

1st it creates a have/have not environment that isn't good &

2nd $50 a person? That's just greedy

This is coming from someone who's home part was Six Flags Great Adventure which sets the bar for greediness.

To put in perspective... the closest equivalent at Six Flags, the Flash Pass Gold, costs 61 bucks.

I'm pretty sure its $61 bucks if a single rider buys the pass. The price goes down considerably per person if you buy it with a group.

Edit: I just checked, and Flash Pass Gold at Six Flags Great Adventure (the greediest park of them all) is $80 for the first pass and with a group of 6 its $50 per person. So I was wrong.

http://www.sixflags..../flashpass.aspx

Anyone find it kinda funny that Boo Blasters is on the list of rides. It's the only ride that doesn't belong