Fast Lane

muppetfan1999

I just posted this on KI's FB wall:

For everyone who's complaining about it, listen... First of All, Don't complain till you experience it yourself. We don't know how this will work..maybe Kings Island will get it working well enough that you don't even notice it! and Second of All, think about it...its 50 freaking dollars..yes! that's expensive! but how if it's that expensive, how many people do you think will buy it? The fact that it's so expensive as well as the number of pass available each day will make it so that you probably won't even notice it much. Since it's that expensive, most people, especially those who are going in big groups, won't be able to afford it...so the less people who can afford it, the less people will be taking advantage of it, and the less you'll notice it? I don't know for sure...but this seems like the way it'll end up happening...

If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

The ranting on that wall is making me sick...and correct me if I'm wrong...but doesn't that make sense? ^

...and correct me if I'm wrong...but doesn't that make sense? ^

You wrote out a very passionate response...and I respect that...but since you DID ask if we/I thought it made sense I will give you my short answer: No. The reason I say this is that no matter if someone in line does or doesn't notice that they are being cut in front of, they are...which means that it has cost them a little bit of their time...which is just as precious to them as the people who can afford to spend the $50.00.

I agree; most people will not want to pay this much to bypass the lines. So, IMO, there will not be a noticeable difference. I'm glad KI is offering this though for those who like the option.

You know, the lines at KI are no where near as long as they used to be 10 or 12 years ago anyway. Even on busy days, the lines are usually no more than an hour or hour and a half. I remember the lines being so incredibly long in the mid to late 90s that it was nothing to wait 3 hours for The Beast or 2 hours for Vortex; and that was okay because that's all everyone knew.

Look at all the rides added since then to spread out the lines. But I know, times have changed and people seem to have less patience.

The lines are never that crowded to begin with! $50 is alot to drop just to hurry onto a ride. Although it's more revenue for the park, maybe all the money KI makes off the sales they will put it to use by doing something with SOB and The Crypt.

...and correct me if I'm wrong...but doesn't that make sense? ^

You wrote out a very passionate reponse...and I respect that...but since you DID ask if we/I thought it made sense I will give you my short answer: No. The reason I say this is that no matter if someone in line does or doesn't notice that they are being cut in front of, they are...which means that it has cost them a little bit of their time...which is just as precious to them as the people who can afford to spend the $50.00.

Thank you! biggrin.gif That does make sense...but the problem these days, as kifanblh2011 said, people these days have no patience... The lines aren't that horrendous these days at KI anyway...if you want horrendous lines, go to CP... but even with the addition of these, I still don't think we'll notice that big of a difference. I do think though that they should add some sort of perk(s) for Season Pass holders...but I don't think they should be so great that it affects the GP...if I'm not mistaken, most of their income comes from the GP? blink.gif

I agree; most people will not want to pay this much to bypass the lines. So, IMO, there will not be a noticeable difference. I'm glad KI is offering this though for those who like the option.

You know, the lines at KI are no where near as long as they used to be 10 or 12 years ago anyway. Even on busy days, the lines are usually no more than an hour or hour and a half. I remember the lines being so incredibly long in the mid to late 90s that it was nothing to wait 3 hours for The Beast or 2 hours for Vortex; and that was okay because that's all everyone knew.

Look at all the rides added since then to spread out the lines. But I know, times have changed and people seem to have less patience.

I agree 100% with you...The line for DB may seem long, but it hardly ever takes long! Beast usually isn't too bad...none of them are really...but FoF and Firehawk are the killers! I love em both, but the capacity on both of them isn't the greatest... at least FoF is air-conditioned! biggrin.gif I just hope they don't get rid of it ONLY because of the poor responses on their wall...if anything, decrease the price a bit, but don't get rid of it. It's a good perk for those who can afford it. It just needs some time to get the kinks ironed out of it...

They didn't say noticiable difference. it says "You won't wait longer" - From their official account. Which, as we know, is just outright false.

We all don't necessarily "know"....everyone just needs to experience it themselves while they're at the park BEFORE we start complaining like this... wacko.gif

While I'm not crazy about this idea at all, I'll wait and see if it actually changes line times before I form a real opinion on it.

I do agree with some previous posters though that the lines are nowhere near what they were in years past. I can remember in the 90s when the line for Vortex was out to the midway, and waiting over an hour for other coasters. Granted I don't go on weekends if I can avoid it, but the lines have been much better.

Can anyone share any experiences they have had at a Six Flag park with their system?

1. Are there a lot of people utilizing it?
  2. Is there a noticeable difference in line speed?

1. no

2. Yes

At Great Adventure they block off at least two rows per train for Fast Past users. So that slows the line down because less people in the general que can board per hour.

I've done it at Universal where it cost 40-50 bucks but I think its worth it there, cause thats a large park with over 1,000's of visitors....There alot of people do it, but I never noticed the difference in line speed while waiting in line with out the fast pass, but even with that pass you wait in a tiny line to be let on the ride....

Kings Island isn't Six Flags... it's likely to be different than SF...just give it a chance guys! After this year of awesome things from CF, I doubt if they'd make a big mistake that would completely ruin the guest experience! biggrin.gif As many others have posted on here, CF doesn't do things JUST to **** their guests off wink.gif

They used to have a "cutting in line" system for Gold Pass members too, and it all worked out. Also, wouldn't the people "cutting" be in line anyway? so it shouldn't really affect the time considerably.

$50= good price that will limit the number of people using system, so wait times for other guests aren't dramatically increased

<$50 means more people would be using it, and that would actually mean longer wait times.

The park offers a VIP tour, that has front of the line passes, and not many people on here seem to be blowing up about that.

Few thoughts here but first let me point out that this year alone Kings Island added Dinosaurs Alive and now other CF parks are looking to do the same and now Kings Island is been tapped to tryout the new Fast Lane Queue system. It seems CF has a lot of intrest in seeing how things work and is perceived at Kings Island. that I believe that boles well for us park enthusiast and is worth of taking note of.

Now the Fast Lane; Cedar Fair parks are about the only ones not to have some type of fast system when it comes to the bigger chain parks, so in a way I am surprised it has not been incorporated yet.

Gold pass only got tickets to ride a select few rides and a choice of a a couple select rides and that was a one time use ticket for that day.

I believe the price of $50 right now is reflective of the busiest part of the season and will help them gage the popularity and proper price points going forward.

I do not buy into this gives some a advantage over other guest on lines for rides. The system is for everyone to purchase regardless. (please to not go into a class warfare thing because that is so misguided and i will freak out)

I feel sorry for those who snarly at those who utilize the speed pass as they do not know if it was a gift or that they won a contest or have two - three hours to ride their favorite rides due to other commitments. I could go on and on for the reason some may use the system but not as many reason to excuse those who act snarly.

I think this system can be used in a wide variety of ways for the park to make additional revenue or to use it to help promote other causes and interest.

I understand how others feel and I share this in some ways too, that the gold pass members do not get very useful benefits and feel that Kings Island could improve in that area. But I do not feel GP members should get the Speed Lane for free. Maybe a discount of sorts or we could put our heads together and list some realistic perks we would like to see.

Can anyone share any experiences they have had at a Six Flag park with their system?

1. Are there a lot of people utilizing it?
  2. Is there a noticeable difference in line speed?

To answer your question, it depends on the day. If your there on a busy day as I was at SFGADV &SFGAM when we had our Gold Flash Passes, there were a ton of people using them. I remember on one coaster they loaded an entire train of Flash Passers. We also rode Nitro 4 times passing the same people in line that had not ridden once.

If it is a quite day, you will only see a handful of fools that pay extra to save 5 minutes off of their wait. When we were at LaRonde, there was a guy that entered the FP line at the same time we entered the regular line. Because he had to take a different line and wait for an attendant to clear his FP, we were coming back into the station as he was about to board.

Personally, I think $50 is about right or is too cheap for this. If I were not a regular and traveled 8 hours to visit, I would gladly plunk down the cash and ride hard during the 7 hours that it is available. I bet you could get 30-50 coaster rides in that time on a busy day when the poor ole park goer could only get in 6-7.

For those that feel this is too much, consider this, many of us shell out a similar amount to go to coaster events with ERT. This is like 7 hours of ERT. The big difference is that during the event, your not line cutting in front of other guests.

I think this has disaster written all over it.

I'm with Janie, I don't like it. I am sick of the "if you have money you can do anything you want" mentality of this country. I remember when Paramount did it-you're already waiting in line, and then you get the priviledge of watching others go ahead of you to make the wait even longer. Where is that money going to go? Hope to heck it goes to the parking lot and perhaps lowering the food prices. KI is starting to be out of my price range. I hate to do it, but this is probably going to be the last year I have a season pass. I'm going to go back to once or twice a year trips like I did growing up.

Line jumping at its finest

windshawne, I am thinking the same thing, if they keep adding this to parks that I have already gone to, I will save my money to go to other parks that I have not been to. I could see only offering it on Saturdays. That is really the only time I think it would be necessary.

windshawne, I am thinking the same thing, if they keep adding this to parks that I have already gone to, I will save my money to go to other parks that I have not been to. I could see only offering it on Saturdays. That is really the only time I think it would be necessary.

Now that makes sense. They could use something like this on a Saturday, but honestly, waiting is not a big deal to me. If it's insanely busy, I just go on a different day. Problem solved.

Like I said on another board, this is no different than slipping security or any other employee 50 bucks to line jump. Am I the only one that thinks along this line?

Well I Think Its Crap That Its Going To Be $50. I Understand You Get To Go To The Front Of The Line But Seriously? $50? Its Insane, At Least Give A Discount To The Gold Pass Holders. I Think The Only People That Would Buy It Would Either Be Someone From Out Of State Or Someone Who Extremely Hates Waiting In Lines.

To many people $50 is nothing. I see this being a big issue when Summer Saturday's roll around. It will really depend on just how limited this is. If they offer more then a couple of hundred of these each day it will tend to keep me away from the park. I REALLY HATE THIS.

Well I Think Its Crap That Its Going To Be $50. I Understand You Get To Go To The Front Of The Line But Seriously? $50? Its Insane, At Least Give A Discount To The Gold Pass Holders. I Think The Only People That Would Buy It Would Either Be Someone From Out Of State Or Someone Who Extremely Hates Waiting In Lines.

*sigh* At the risk of being told to stop acting like the moderator that I'm not, I feel obligated to quote the Terms of Service to you, even though you seem to have ignored the last few times someone has done so:

Spelling and grammar: You guys know how to write; I have no doubt about that. Please take the time to read over your posts before you post them to ensure that it's not confusing. This includes proper spelling, punctuation, and capitalization mainly.

And even if the TOS was silent on the matter, it's common courtesy; capitalizing every word makes your posts hard to read.

[/mini-rant]