Fast Lane

muppetfan1999

Does Cedar Fair like its money? Hell yes. Is this is a good way to get it? You bet. And will your 1 - 2 train additional wait time eventually lead to a fantastic addition to the park? Yep.

To be honest I think we could end all discussion just with this quote right here.

I liked it better when they had the gold pass speed lane pass that was included into your gold pass. Although those NEVER seemed to be actually open. But the point is, the thing I HATE most about any theme/amusement parks are those darn fast passes. Just because someone pays $50 extra(or some outrageous price) they get to be considered "better" so they get to wait less and slow up the line for everybody else.dry.gif

You didn't seem to mind it when YOU were inluded in those "better" people...I mean you yourself said, "I liked it better when they had the gold pass speed lane...." I mean...didn't you pay EXTRA for that Gold Pass? You didn't have too...but you paid more than someone else who didn't buy the Gold Pass, just a Season Pass, or even just a Ticket...

Interesting....

Like always on this site, someone has to knitpick through my posts to find something wrong with it. Besides the gold pass speed lane was included with many other benefits of the Gold Pass.(ex. free parking, early ride times, and discounted tickets onEXtreme Skyflyer) And the difference of the price of regular season pass and a Gold Pass isn't anywhere near $50.

^I don't see it as nitpicking, just pointing out the hypocritical nature of your comment…

On one hand you said you enjoyed the gold pass speed lane when it was available to you. On the other you explained how you do not see it as fair that someone pays an extra $50, thus making them “better” than those who didn’t, and not having to wait in the normal line.

You paid more to be a gold season pass holder of Paramount’s Kings Island and nothing in this world is free. One of the perks included in your pass was the opportunity to obtain a speed lane pass. Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t that make you “better,” by your very own definition, than someone who purchased a ticket at the gate that day? Weren’t you that very same person who slowed up my line a number of years ago by taking advantage of that speed lane?

It should also be noted, as pointed out by multiple members, this $50 perk is available to all guests, not just gold pass holders as was previously done with your beloved gold speed lane pass.

I was there yesterday, and honestly I don't think the Fast Lane had a huge impact on things. They shut down for maybe a couple of hours due to weather, but after they reopened everything we headed back to Beast. The wait was maybe 25 minutes and you could see the Fast Lane queue all the way in. I only saw 4 people enter that line. Around 6 pm we headed over to Diamondback for what was about a 40 minute wait. I did notice several people going into the Fast Lane, but in the 40 min it wasn't any more than maybe 20 people. The line never stopped moving and while I might have gotten on 1 train later than I might have otherwise, I don't think it had a huge impact on the standby line. That said, with the Saturday crowds yesterday, lines were long, but we were able to get through everything we wanted to do without it. I don't really see the benefit of paying for it in Kings Island. The only ride we didn't hit that we wanted was Flight of Fear and that was due to the fact that the line was all the way outside when they closed everything else, and it never really much shorter when we came back later to check.

I did see some people doing re-rides with Fast Lane, but they were forced to leave the ride and re-enter the queue. Yes, it is a much shorter wait and you could potentially ride several times in an hour, but you'd have to wait a few trains in between. My brother in law did make the comment though that it might be fun to spend the 50 bucks sometime though just to see how many times we could ride Diamondback in the 7 hours.

afkifan First of all I hope your visit to Kings Island was fun and memorable.

Next I want to thank you for taking us up on reporting back to us to give us an unbiased opinion on how you felt the Speed Lane effected you and your group during your rare visits to Kings Island. Reports from those like you help us here (that visit often) to understand how things like this affect the guest in general who come once, twice or less per year. Basically it helps us to get a much larger understading and differing views from a much broader audience which really helps us form our opinions on a subject of interest. Thank you again and if there is anything we can do for you please let us know. :)

People didn't complain about the Gold Pass Speed Lane. People are complaining about Fast Lane.

It's a simple observation.

Uh...no, guest did complain about the Gold Pass Speed Lane and mainly non-season pass holders. Although those folks could have bought a Gold Pass just like the ones who did, they felt they were being left out of the Speed lane option. If after a certain date of those years that it was offered they could not buy the Gold Pass to partake if they wanted. The way it is now ALL daily guest may purchase the perk option as long as Kings Island has not sold that days allotment of Speed Lane passes.

We used our Fast Lane passes today. We rode Diamondback four times, Stunt Coaster, Firehawk, Flight of Fear, Boo Blaster, WindSeeker twice, and Log Flume. I estimate we saved over 5 hours of line time. Totally worth it IMO.

Editted to add that we rode the front seats of everything as well.

Tanna, you look for the big Fast Lane placard to find the entrance. It looks like it could just be an advertising sign but it is the entrance demarcation. We were a bit confused at first.

I'm interested to hear from a non Fast Lane user who visited the park today. Was it "empty" or "dead?"

Squirz, how long do you figure the lines would have been if you'd waited them out without Fast Lane?

Thanks!

I'm interested to hear from a non Fast Lane user who visited the park today. Was it "empty" or "dead?"

Squirz, how long do you figure the lines would have been if you'd waited them out without Fast Lane?

Thanks!

Most everything was marked as 30 to 45 minutes. Flight of Fear was marked as 90 minutes when we did it. I wouldn't call it "dead", maybe medium rare. I liked it because instead of waiting in line we could walk on then sit in the shade with ice water recuperating for ten minutes.

Most everything was marked as 30 to 45 minutes. Flight of Fear was marked as 90 minutes when we did it. I wouldn't call it "dead", maybe medium rare. I liked it because instead of waiting in line we could walk on then sit in the shade with ice water recuperating for ten minutes.

It's sometimes hard to believe the wait time signs. I've often seen guests go up and change the wait time.

It's sometimes hard to believe the wait time signs. I've often seen guests go up and change the wait time.

I don't ever trust the wait time signs for that reason. If I want to know how long the wait is for a ride, I walk up the queue, look at the line, and estimate the wait myself.

I don't ever trust the wait time signs for that reason. If I want to know how long the wait is for a ride, I walk up the queue, look at the line, and estimate the wait myself.

I'll go one further. If I want to know the true wait time I wait in the line and time it. That is the only sure way to find out what the true wait time is for any ride.

I'll go one further. If I want to know the true wait time I wait in the line and time it. That is the only sure way to find out what the true wait time is for any ride.

^ :lol:

(So after waiting in line and timing it, have you ever looked at your watch and thought "So it's a 40 minute wait eh. This rides not worth that, I think i'll pass.)

What if the day you go to Kings Island it's practically empty? Diamondback has a five minute wait and all other rides even less. That would be a waste of a Fast Lane pass. Could you get your money back?

-Cpt Crunch

Unfortunately, no refunds for Fast Lane. This is why the whole program is a waste of money. Like last Friday, when the park was deader than a door nail, why would you waste 50 bucks on something you dont need? You may as well have gone to Rivertown Junction and just ate mashed potatos or spent 10 bucks for a WindSeeker cup and filled it with water.

^ :lol:

(So after waiting in line and timing it, have you ever looked at your watch and thought "So it's a 40 minute wait eh. This rides not worth that, I think i'll pass.)

My point is ( and I have stated it in so many posts-pardon my repetition) is that ride wait times are usually overestimated or exaggerated. People will base wait times upon unreliable hearsay from others. One time, I was in line for Raptor and I was about a third of the way through the queues and it had been only 20 minutes-the girl behind me was speaking with her friend on her cel phone and said she had been in line for an hour. ( And she had cut in line!) And on numerous occasions posted waits for rides have been totally inaccurate. You might say that ride attendants overestimate waits so guests won't be dissappointed. However, I would miss out on a lot of rides if I listened to others rather than find out for myself what the wait was.

I can second the sentiment about wait times being overly exaggerated at Six Flags Great Adventure!

The one park, that seems to nail down the wait times for rides the best is still Disney, and they achieve that by giving guests "cards" that wait in line with the guests. Then when they board the ride, an attendant collects their card and it updates the ride wait time.

The more people that are not waiting in ride lines, means more people that can buy food, souvenirs, and play games, in turn increasing in park spending. Thats also why higher capacity rides can be more appealing too. Move more people through in an hour, and get them back out on the midways where they can spend money.

I have hated fast pass systems since the day at Disney the 45 minute wait on one ride turned into a 2 1/2 hr wait because NO regular guests were being allowed on the ride, just those with fast pass. HOWEVER, the park is limiting this to an extremely low number, and once those are gone, they are gone. Since the two systems are completely different, I support KI's MORE than I support Disneys (not saying I support any of them, but its a two horse race.)

All I have to say is that I have yet to hear anyone at the park complain about the system, or have experienced any major increase in wait times (major being more than 5 minutes longer than what it would be without.)

0, KI does not sell flash passes.

If I wad to guess on a number of KI Speed Lane passes it would most likely change as the system is still new and adjustments are usually made after management has had time to review it.

At Six Flags, ride wait times are often wildly over-estimated. I always figured that helped to sell Flash Passes.

While true, I think we would agree it's better to over-estimate a wait time rather than under-estimate a wait time.

To over-estimate a wait time too much to me is just as much a disservice to the public as to under-estimate. When guests pay their hard earned money to go to a park, I think they have the right to know as close as possible what the true wait time is for a ride. It is one thing to overestimate by 10 minutes, even 15 mintues but to say a wait is 1 1/2 hours when it is 45 minutes ( As I often see with respect to The Beast) is ridiculous.

I always want to know what wait times are but never think the signs are right. That always used to annoy me but I just got over it. Why trust something that can be simply turned by a quest... the tool used isn't that hard to model.

Try apps. I've barely been to parks this year but Ride Hopper was pretty accurate on the day I was at CP (their app wasn't so great) and it was dead so I imagine they're pretty good with a decent crowd.

When I came into the park today, I was disgusted to see a rather large billboard-esque style sign announcing Fast Lane and directing you where to go to buy one. It's almost Kings Island is begging you to drop 50 more hard earned dollars so Mr Ouimet can afford his brand new 2012 Mazarrati! I'm sick of these gimmicks and I do intend to write letters and and go to GR until they stop ripping people off with type of crap. Everyone should have to wait in line like everyone else. No one should be shown special treatment because they happen to have a few extra 20 dollar bills burning holes in their wallets. Shame on you.

I see both sides of the coin with this subject RaptorGuy. What if that extra money they are making off the fast lanes ends up help financing a coaster that you like better than Raptor? Is it worth it then? Just a thought.

If that were the case, maybe. I believe, however that Kings Island has enough money right now to build 100 coasters if they wanted to. That's if they took in no more money. I'm sticking to Fast Lane is a bad thing and bad idea.

I see both sides of the coin with this subject RaptorGuy. What if that extra money they are making off the fast lanes ends up help financing a coaster that you like better than Raptor? Is it worth it then? Just a thought.

If that were the case, maybe. I believe, however that Kings Island has enough money right now to build 100 coasters if they wanted to. That's if they took in no more money. I'm sticking to Fast Lane is a bad thing and bad idea.

Wow, do you really?

• Like 1