Fast Lane

muppetfan1999

I think everything is coming to factor to the increased wait times. Before Fast Lane and with assigned seats a full que on DB was only 45 minutes. This past Saturday Full Que was almost 90 mintues. But they were empty seats on every train, and almost every train stacked before the train in the staion was dispatched. I wish KI ride ops would get the trains out like CP does.

I definitely feel like the line is moving slower. I was there last Friday and 3/5 of the queue was filled and it was about a 30min wait. About once every 5 min all the trains would be at the station. I dint think the ride ops are as trained as the ones in years past. Im not complaining about them, heaven knows what would happen if I would try that!

I also dont like how they replaced the SRL with the fast pass line. If I were in charge, I would have them just walk through the exit.....

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a commercial for Zoombezi Bay on my way to KI this morning. Introducing Zoom Pass,get ahead of the line for all your favorite water slides! The line to buy fastlane on saturday at ki was so long,i joked they should get fastlane for fastlane!!! Maybe fastlane for Larosa's Pizza! Who knows,i bet it makes its way to Soak City next year. Where will it ever end,only time will tell. I must say that with 50 percent off fastlane funperks discount,I am tempted!!!

I also dont like how they replaced the SRL with the fast pass line. If I were in charge, I would have them just walk through the exit.....

If they walked up the exit, they wouldn't merge with riders already in the station, so when they picked their seats, you'd have to wait an extra train, so if you were trying to get the same train as your friends, you'd end up on the train behind them because the Fast Lane users took "your" spot.

Bumped to make a point. Got a fast pass for Snowwoman and I Saturday. We were celebrating her Birthday. This is what she wanted as her present. $110 for 2 passes allowed us 12 hours of unlimited riding of our favorite rides, which I assure you we got the most out of down to the line jump for the front seat of The Beast at 9:40pm(we waited until after the fireworks to ride).

Without going into excessive details, we had a magical day and a birthday memory we'll carry with us forever. KI made an additional $110 plus meals off us (funperks bumped me to 3 stars for this day). Soon we'll be back in the long lines watching the fast passers marathon DB and other rides. Instead of being frustrated about waiting, we will only hope they are making memories that are half as wonderful as the ones we made during our fast pass day.

Point: Before you hate on people that could be having the best day of their year (or lives for that matter), find a webcam, and think about how many people are watching you, wishing they could just be able to get through the front gates of KI and get in line to ride like your doing.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Well everyone, the whole point of the pass is to cut out the lines correct? So if it was cheap enough that everyone wanted to get it, then those lines would be just as long too. My gf and I got them last year and got to ride close to 4 times the amount of rides as usual and it was amazing. Especially since we don't go very often. But the whole point is to make it faster and less waiting for the people who buy it, so if it was cheaper, it would defeat the purpose.

Did you read very much of this thread before you posted? KIC isn't your typical forum.

You responded to a concern that is expressed by many elsewhere, but seldom here. Here, the two predominant views are Fast Lane shouldn't exist at all as it is "unfair," OR it is too CHEAP and/or the park sells too many and/or doesn't limit re-rides, so both the standby and Fast Lane experiences are degraded.

Whether we agree with it or not, Fast Lane is a part of the amusement park business model. Most major parks and chains have some sort of system that allows line cutting. Just like most also have premium passes with perks, expensive food and parking, and upcharge attractions or options.

Similar to the airline industry where I think the difference in amenities between first and coach class, baggage fees, preferred seat fees, pay per drink/food options, and the like are a little ridiculous, the reality is they are now a base part of the business model so we should get used to them.

Does this make airlines and amusement parks greedy - kind of hard to say that when many of the major players in these industries have gone bankrupt and/or struggled financially over the years. If this is part of their plan to make a fair profit and provide a desired service then so be it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Fast Lane passes made Saturday a very memorable day for snow-woman and I. We went to honor the life of my 96 year old Grandmother who passed away last week. I'm not trying to restart any arguments. I just think for people who want to celebrate a special day, or fit as much in as possible because they can't come to the park very often, Fast Lane makes a world of difference. We used them from open to close, 15 hours we will never forget.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

It looks like the Fast Lane details for 2013 have been released. It looks like the only noteworthy change is that there is now a Fast Lane Plus option. Fast Lane Plus allows you to quick queue for The Beast and Firehawk where the standard Fast Lane does not.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/fast-lane#

It looks like most Cedar Fair parks are adopting an only allowing quick queue access to two popular rides at each park with Fast Lane Plus access. It's about a $10 per-person add-on at each park for Fast Lane Plus ($15 at Cedar Point).

I think this is a win for both quick queuers and non-users. I do wonder if the additional charge to upgrade Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus might increase at some parks through the year given the very high profile coasters using Fast Lane Plus at some parks (Gatekeeper and TTD at Cedar Point, I305 and Volcano at Kings Dominion, Behemoth and Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland to name a few). Thoughts?

• Like 1