Fast Lane

muppetfan1999

While we were waiting in the regular queue for DB yesterday, we noted that EVERY train had multiple empty seats on it. In many cases empty rows. I also noted that they were not assigning seats and barely pulsing the station. I feel that getting rid of the SRL was a mistake that will never allow DB to ever come close to running at full capacity. IMO the design of the train is as close to perfect as can be made. It allows single riders to use the wing seats and not have to ride shoulder to shoulder with a stranger (and lets face it, some at the park are a bit stranger then strange).

From my discussions with park employees, this system is STILL a work in progress. I think it is something that is here to stay, but may show up in a very different format in the future. I would suggest sending in your suggestions to the park. Just telling them that you hate the system because it is unfair will not get very far, but offering up suggestions as many have done here will have more of an impact.

I would suggest sending in your suggestions to the park. Just telling them that you hate the system because it is unfair will not get very far, but offering up suggestions as many have done here will have more of an impact.

I agree that constructive criticism is usually the (obvious) best idea...but just how do the people who are against the whole idea because they do think it is unfair suggest things so that their "opinions have more of an impact"?

I can't suggest that I wish they would change the price because I am against it if it were 1 cent or 1 million dollars.

I can't suggest that they change the hours that they do it because if they only do it a minute each day I think that is too much.

I can't suggest that they only do it on certain rides because even if it were only on one ride I would feel that was too many.

See what I mean?

On this issue I can all but guarantee you that the park does not or will not take our opinions on if we like Fast Lane or not. If you do not like it OK but saying it over and over and over will not have any impact on the decision that has already been made. They are in the infancy stage of a long running guest option. Kings Island is testing how best to implement, market and execute the Fast Lane program, maybe a different system, variety of attractions, price, hours of use or limit of use on a attraction will come into play for next year. They are testing this year . At this point I doubt they even care if we tried to make helpful constructive suggestions as the non supporters have made it clear over and over and over that they do not like it which is OK for discussion I guess but the rest who would have liked to give constructive feed back will be wasting their time giving it here in hopes the park sees it. So if you have a constructive suggestion and you would want it to be considered then I suggest you send that to the park directly.

• 7 months later...

Yeah, Michigan's Adventure is kind of random. I've only been there once, but it's pretty obvious the dry side of that park is not why people go there. In the middle of the afternoon, the midway by Corkscrew, which is adjacent to the waterpark, was crazy. The further you walked to Shivering Timbers and Thunderhawk, both on the opposite side of the park, the more deserted it got. I think the longest wait of the day was for their (excellent) wild mouse, which was something like 5-10 minutes. (The midway near Shivering Timbers was a ghost town.)

It'd make a whole lot more sense if their Fast Lane was for the waterpark, but maybe they don't have the accessibility to do that.

Please explain to me why you need Fast Lane on Eiffel Tower, Scrambler, SRR and Viking Fury...

Because if Halloween Haunt taught us anything last year, it's that they will do anything to avoid capping how many the sell. To implement this program has cost them very little - there's no overhead. Instead of using established systems that work efficiently like modern amusement park chains do, this company insists on using paper wristbands and bringing people in through exits. It costs them nothing and then they sell it to you and I for a price that is pure profit to them.

All you have to do is look back to Halloween Haunt. Did you see the Fast Lane line for Firehawk? It extended all the way down that ramp to the entrance on most Saturdays! They were using one train for Fast Lane and one train for regular guests. Neither line was moving quick.

Now this year, they've added "more rides." Doesn't that sound exciting? Except, look at the other rides! Scrambler, Zephyr!? Those rides never have lines anyways. I guarantee you that someone in an office up high thought to themselves: "If we offer more rides, we'll spread all the Fast Lane users out and then we can sell more!"

Yeah, like people are gonna go use their pass on the Dodgem instead of using an unlimited line cutting pass on the good rides.

Please explain to me why you need Fast Lane on Eiffel Tower, Scrambler, SRR and Viking Fury...

It's all about marketing.

Fast Lane is not geared to season pass holders, but for those that are new guests of KI and for those that can only spend 1 day at the park.

We all know Fast Lane is only worth it for a handful of rides, but for those unfamiliar with the park, the more rides offered for Fast Lane, the better the deal sounds.

Fast Lane is not geared to season pass holders, but for those that are new guests of KI and for those that can only spend 1 day at the park.

We all know Fast Lane is only worth it for a handful of rides, but for those unfamiliar with the park, the more rides offered for Fast Lane, the better the deal sounds.

At times i wish it was geared for season pass holders, it would take a load of line waiting away from my stay

Because if Halloween Haunt taught us anything last year, it's that they will do anything to avoid capping how many the sell. To implement this program has cost them very little - there's no overhead. Instead of using established systems that work efficiently like modern amusement park chains do, this company insists on using paper wristbands and bringing people in through exits. It costs them nothing and then they sell it to you and I for a price that is pure profit to them.

All you have to do is look back to Halloween Haunt. Did you see the Fast Lane line for Firehawk? It extended all the way down that ramp to the entrance on most Saturdays! They were using one train for Fast Lane and one train for regular guests. Neither line was moving quick.

Now this year, they've added "more rides." Doesn't that sound exciting? Except, look at the other rides! Scrambler, Zephyr!? Those rides never have lines anyways. I guarantee you that someone in an office up high thought to themselves: "If we offer more rides, we'll spread all the Fast Lane users out and then we can sell more!"

Yeah, like people are gonna go use their pass on the Dodgem instead of using an unlimited line cutting pass on the good rides.

My points exactly. Most of those rides usually have less than a 20-minute wait.

I'm also concerned about the fact that they can be used on Eiffel Tower. The only time when it would really be advantageous to do that (other than on a really busy day) is towards the end of the night when they start packing people up there for the fireworks. I don't think that's fair to other guests, and I hope the park realizes this and does something to remedy the potential issues (either by restricting the use of Fast Lane passes during the final hour or so, or by opening up the lower observation deck as well).

At times i wish it was geared for season pass holders, it would take a load of line waiting away from my stay

Why? You have the opportunity that many do not have, the ablility to come to the park as many times as you want over the entire season (except for private events). If the lines are long and slow on a day that you are there, leaving the park will not make you feel as though you wasted your money because you know you can come back tomorrow, the next day, and the next.

Now let's say you just paid to park, and get into the park for your 1 visit to KI this year. The lines are long and slow. The question now becomes is it worth a little more money for me to get all of your favorite rides in by the end of the day? IMO it's worth the extra money given the circumstances.

As Browntggrr said, this is the market for this system. It doesn't mean that no one else can use it However, I really don't see why a season pass holder would want to buy such a pass when they can come at off-peak times through out the season.

My points exactly. Most of those rides usually have less than a 20-minute wait.

I'm also concerned about the fact that they can be used on Eiffel Tower. The only time when it would really be advantageous to do that (other than on a really busy day) is towards the end of the night when they start packing people up there for the fireworks. I don't think that's fair to other guests, and I hope the park realizes this and does something to remedy the potential issues (either by restricting the use of Fast Lane passes during the final hour or so, or by opening up the lower observation deck as well).

Why should they restrict the Fast Lane pass? If someone is willing to pay extra to get a special benefit, then they should be able to use the said benefit. If the person decides they want to buy it just so they can see the fireworks from Eiffel Tower at the end of the night, great for them. They paid extra for that right.

If you purchase a first class ticket on a plane, you would expect to be able to keep your first class ticket for the full flight correct? Using the same logic, if you purchase a Fast Lane pass you should be able to use it all the way up to closing time.

I mean that it would be a up for me, but i know that CF main hq doesnt like to give many free bies away to people (not including the already 1 hr and discounts). Maybe when the economy picks up, SP will have Fast Lane for free.