Kings Island Former Attractions

Titan

Boo boos baggage claim was once jabber jaws tubs when I was a kid back in the mid-late 80's, it was a small tumble bug type ride

Yes! I loved that ride! I remember riding it as a kid every time we went to KI. As a young kid, I seemed to have had a fascination with Jabber Jaws. I remember riding that ride and I also remember riding on the Jabber Jaws on the old Hanna-Barbara merry go round. You sat on his tail fin and he went up and down. That merry go round was the best! I hated to see it go!

• Like 2

• 6 years later...
On 5/2/2013 at 7:05 PM, violakat03 said:

Holy old topic Batman.

Anyway, I actually was really surprised to see the Boat Tag attraction in this thread. I'd completely forgotten about it, but I remember it very clearly now from when I was younger.

Alright, it has obviously been a very long time since this topic has been discussed!  Does anyone have any more information, stories, or pictures of the Boat Tag attraction while it was at Kings Island?  This page shows it opening in 1994.  Anyone know what year it cosed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Kings_Island_attractions

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, befat said:

Alright, it has obviously been a very long time since this topic has been discussed!  Does anyone have any more information or pictures of the Boat Tag attraction while it was at Kings Island?  This page shows it opening in 1994.  Anyone know what year is closed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Kings_Island_attractions

Yikes that page has a lot of errors... take most of that with a grain of salt.

Regarding Boat Tag, it was added in 1992 (per an April 10, 1992 article in The Cincinnati Enquirer), but it was not included in the 1992 park guide. It was however included in the 1993-1995 park guides, but not the 1996. So it could be reasonable to assume Boat Tag was at the park 1992 through 1995, or four seasons.

Edit - In terms of photo, probably but not what you had in mind, but here's Boat Tag (center) in a 1993 aerial, courtesy Ohio Department of Transportation.

mbHj78o.jpg

• Like 2