Diamondback already losing its touch?

mrben06

Yeah I think the wheels really make the factor, but could the trains also make a difference? I personally have never ridden a B&M hyper besides Diamondback, but could the longer cars create more vibration, as I assume they are heavier. They brought this up at CWMania, and I wondered if that really could be a possibility? But Diamondback is still really smooth, it might rattle a bit, but that shouldn't hurt, just be annoying or uncomfortable for a bit.

-MagmMForce247 :)

Diamondback is far from rough. It is by far the smoothest coaster at Kings Island and as many have said, even in Ohio. (Milly does give it a run for its money though) Just because you feel a vibration does not mean it is losing it's touch, you are just simply used to a smooth as glass ride and with time that is going to disappear. IMO the ride will always be smooth, will it be as smooth as it was when it opened? No.

To me it isn't nearly as smooth as opening day 2009. Then it was perfect with no vibrations. Absolutely smooth as glass. Now there are vibrations coming up to the trim in the middle of the run. Sure, it's still pretty smooth but no where near what it was. I do agree, it probably is the wheels needing some servicing.

The only minor things I've noticed, are mostly isolated incidents. A few random seats on different trains seem a tad rougher than others. Probably needs new wheels. I also noticed the paint is coming off on various spots of the track. But that's about all I've noticed recently.

Remember as the heat of the summer rises, the track does too. The heat on the wheels can cause wear and tear. When this happens it'll feel rough, especially when entering a trim brake.

I remember last Halloween Haunt, as it was getting colder, Diamondback was smoother than the summer.

As many have mentioned before just because a ride does shake a little, it doesn't mean the ride has lost its touch! I wish I could say the same for Invertigo!