Camden Park: Spider Collapses

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

@gforce1994, that is the one. I haven't heard exactly how he was pinned under there or what he was doing under the ride. Of course, he could have been under there for any number of reasons depending on his position with Camden. 

One of the stories I saw said something about him retrieving sun glasses.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

@chugh43, I certainly hope it was nothing as trivial as retrieving sunglasses. Sometimes, you just gotta let things go. 

@gforce1994, I'm not sure he was in the way of moving machinery. The ride could have been between cycles. Still not clear HOW he was pinned.

If he had his back turned to pick up sunglasses, it would easily knock him down as well as roll over his leg as the news is reporting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 8:42 AM, KIBeast said:

@chugh43, I certainly hope it was nothing as trivial as retrieving sunglasses. Sometimes, you just gotta let things go. 

@gforce1994, I'm not sure he was in the way of moving machinery. The ride could have been between cycles. Still not clear HOW he was pinned.

It sadly probably was that trivial.  A lot of people today do things without considering the consequences.  At KK, when becoming a ride operator, we had to watch someone be ran over by a rollercoaster on video to get the message of how dangerous these machine are.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 7/24/2011 at 2:41 PM, PKIVortex said:

Things like this don't happen at KI, or CP. I don't understand what they mean in that statement!

“When you think about as many years as the park has been around, things like this don’t happen very often. They have a good safety record,” Caudill said. “You see it in the news that things like this happen at Kings Island and Cedar Point. When you are dealing with mechanical things, it’s always possible that they can break down.”