Cell phones on rides..Seriously?

WhoDeyForever

type, type, type.....going up beast hill...type, type, type.....someone's yelling on the speaker...type, type, type.... they stopped the ride...type, type, type.... ride op's walked up the hill...type, type, type.... he's yelling at someone who's got their cellphone out...type, type, type....geeez this is irritating, why wouldn't they just put their phone up...type, type, type.. I'll update my facebook page and tweet what happens when I get off this ride...type, type, type.... I hate people who don't pay attention!

The last time I rode Diamondback, the kid in front of me had his phone out the entire time. I couldn't fully enjoy the ride because I kept watching his cell phone in case it became a projectile and I had to take evasive action.

Also, based on the OPs lack of common sense I seriously question his characterization of the ride op as rude.

I wasn't even going up the hill yet when I put the phone away. Didn't think it would be such a big deal before the ride basically even started. In the original post, I stated that I put the phone away as soon as I heard him the first time which was before the hill after that little curve in the beginning.

I fully back the Ride Op On this One. There are signs posted everywhere that say, "NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES!", so Why would a text message be that important that you have to answer it while going up the hill on a Roller Coaster?? Stick it in your Pocket or Purse and do it in 3 minutes when you get off the ride! The Ride op was just doing his Job. If he would have seen that cell phone out and Not said anything, And that thing would have flew out of said persons hand and Cracked someone in the face and Blinded someone, Then it would have been his @$$. I Applaud him for having the Guts to walk up to the person and do that.

I wasn't even going up the hill yet when I put the phone away. Didn't think it would be such a big deal before the ride basically even started. In the original post, I stated that I put the phone away as soon as I heard him the first time which was before the hill after that little curve in the beginning.

Experience has shown that just because someone puts something away when they're told, doesn't mean they won't get it back out later while riding...by taking it away, the ride op could make sure that your phone didn't leave your pocket until you exited the ride.

The whole point is the use of electronic devices are not allowed on rides at Kings Island, if a guest of Kings Island feels an employee is/was rude for any reason they should go to Kings Island guest services to file a compliant so they can investigate the compliant. We here on KICentral have no way to know the full facts of the incident as far as what was seen, said or heard by all parties involved. So the only thing we can respond to is the admitted fact that a cell phone was improperly being used after a ride was dispatched. The second part (which I believe is what you refer to as the "whole point") of what you felt happened and the tone in which it was handled by a ride operator, so we can only speculate on our part. Not to say what you are saying is true or not true but there is no way we can know for certain the full facts from all involved.

I highly suggest that you contact Kings Island guest relations about your concerns if you have not already.

Topic now closed.