Canada's Wonderland 2012

I looked on search and couldn't find anything on this subject, sorry if I missed it.

Anyhow, has anyone been keeping up with Canada's Wonderland's new addition for 2012? They're apparently planning something very large.

There's lots of construction going on:

79490847.jpg

67760632.jpg

35274817.jpg

Photos from fansite CWMania - http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2051&start=720

The park itself is also teasing:

swonderland2012fjsg.jpg

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/2012/

The non official site http://www.canadaswonderland2012.com/ has it's predictions:

Intamin LSM Coaster!

Things in the currect construction area have greatly picked up with lots of machinery and workers present every day. Land clearing in other area's has begun like the area under Dragon Fire. You also can kind of get an overview of the construction area and layout with the red markers. Our guess of an Intamin LSM stems from a couple of idea's. We believe Cedar Fair regardless of past isssues loves working with Intamin and Intamins ability to go above and beyond with layouts and technology regardless of it's faults. Intamin is also relatively cheaper then a Bollinger & Mallibard design and Canada's Wonderland just got a Bollinger & Mallibard Hyper coaster back in 2008. Our prediction is 7 days late due to no activity at the park, which is normal caue we are still early into the operating season. We did wisht he park played around a little more with teasing and guest involvement, but with an email I received back from PR I guess we'll have to wait till late JUly or early August for teasing. Another aspect that leads us to believe this is an Intamin coaster is Intamin can be compact or somewhat compact compared to it's competitor Bollinger & Mallibard. The area this project is going to be fitting in is some what small and involves cooperation with Dragon Fire and a lot of head choppers and near misses. We are excited to pick up on reports and Trip reports with this large increase ina ctivity, and remember we are looking for volunteers to help with July & August Reports! Remember the reports portrayed on this site are rumours, and have no factual background to them, this is a fan based site with no relevance to Cedar Fair Entertainment Corporation. Also remember to visit the park and research for yourselves about the happenings at the park for a better understanding! Visit often, and enjoy the 2011 operating season!

http://www.canadaswonderland2012.com/Trip_Report_4.html

What all do you guys think?

Watching the banner animation on Canada's Wonderland's website, not the teaser, the animation features wind (I think) and fire.

My thoughts are that it could be representing the Phoenix. Rising out of the ashes and flying....hmm?

Anyone else seen this and your thoughts on it?

That is a HUGE clue to the mystery. I remember seeing when Kings Dominion received it's washers that said Intamin Giga on it. The only thing is that if it is an intamin they could just use the same caps and grade beams for all of their coasters, and had extra from a past project. I really don't know about that aspect, as that's way out of my knowledge. I really wonder whatever it is will go to Kings Island in 2013 too. That would be interesting to be a giga for both parks, since they built 2 hyper coasters, but Cedar Point did add Top Thrill Dragster just 3 years later, than Millennium Force. I think this will really round out the parks if it's a giga, as they've been missing a true flagship coaster. Diamondback is a amazing coaster, and I love the addition of it, but the parks really need something tall, and unique.

-MagmMForce247 :)

I think it's odd to put a giga in a park that just 4 years earlier got a hypercoaster, especially one that was marketed to be the definitive coaster at Canada's Wonderland. Still, I don't doubt it's authenticity, Cedar Fair has a history of buying things in bulk, this may be the second in a string of who knows how many Intamin Gigas.

As far as Kings Island, I'd look for small additions next year and for 2013 to be our big year. I think it'd be both silly and creepy to give Kings Island the follow up to Canada's Wonderland's ride...twice...but it'd be nice to dream of a giga in Mason :)

It's not odd unless you have spent some time at CW. Behemoth was a desperately needed addition, and this will probably be the last major install at CW for some time. Some with King's Dominion; they got a great floorless and the I305 very soon after.

I think 2013 is shaping up to be a big year for both Cedar Point and Kings Island. It looks like up here in Sandusky there is going to be some type of major renovation to Soak City, which has not gotten any love in years.

If either CP or KI were getting coasters next year, you would know it by now; no question.

On the teaser on CW's website. it definitely looks like there is something BEHIND the fire. Not sure what it is. Even though I've never been to Canada's Wonderland, I hope they don't remove Dragon Fire. Arrows are starting to be as elusive as the elusive Ratmandogbearsnakeopotamus of the Amazon.

correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Intamin use long rectangular footers rather that big round ones?

Yes gigas mostly do use square/rectangle footers, but blitz coasters use round footers.

There are how many giga coasters? Three. I think that's too few to get much of a pattern for how they're built....

• 2 weeks later...