Canada's Wonderland 2012

IMO, it's kind of a waste putting it at CW, since CW is always busy anyway, and they don't have any huge competition...

Yeah it should have gone to Kings Island!

But really it would be cool if they could make a Diamondback sequel, even though I don't want another snake named coaster.

The bad part is, if this is a record breaker we probably won't get a ride the next year like it ( like what happened with Diamondback).

^ Find it interesting the trains are of the old 4-across variety and not the newer staggered seating the likes of Behemoth, Diamondback, and Timmy: Carowinds Edition. Also, the supports found at the park don't match up with what's seen in this picture. Of course, renderings and the final product are two totally different things...

I didn't see a chain return on it. I wonder if they just didn't render it in, or if the hill will be a cable/launch system.

Supposedly that rendering is just background art for the site, I would expect that it just was not included. Someone in the TPR thread I linked before had posted some other stuff that referenced lift hight (doesn't rule out a launch, but doesn't point towards one).

I agree with Captain Nemo. It's Luh-vy-uh-than, which I do think is quite possibly one of the coolest ride names ever, in my opinion. In my head, Canada's Wonderland is this quaint little village with relatively tame rides... and then there's these monsters that loom over it. I don't know how far off base I am, but from this perspective, it's one of the coolest theme ideas I've heard in a long time. Especially coming from Cedar Fair.

I don't know what to make of these B&M giga rumors, but the park must have something up its sleeve with this besides saying, "Oh, you liked Behemoth? Here, have it scaled up a bit on the tallest, fastest, longest, [insert adjectives ending in -est] ride in the country!" (Then again, I wouldn't have assumed Holiday World would do that with Mammoth, so what do I know? :lol: )

On topic: I'm really looking forward to the ride announcement, and while I won't be up for it at 7 am (enjoying what little opportunity I have left to sleep in) it will definitely be the first thing I check in the morning. I'm really excited for it!

Off topic: Captain Nemo, I'm digging the Kid A avatar of yours.

Hokay, so we (the Wonderland) have:

Behemoth - B&M Mega Coaster @ 230 feet tall.

Leviathan - B&M [insert coaster type here] Coaster @ [insert height here] feet tall.

This means that their next coaster, whenever that will be, should be Ziz, a B&M flying roller coaster @ however many feet tall it is. :P

EDIT: IF it ends up being everything we ever hoped for my gluteus maximus. Sorry if it won't go 300 feet in the air, it's a Beemer, it's a coaster, and it will be awesome regardless.

Also, something irks me.

Given the rumored name of Leviathan and the color of the track/supports, one expects this to have an aquatic theme to it, similar in nature to Seaworld's Kraken and Manta:

49020266.jpg

Kraken01.jpg

Could this mean some water elements could be thrown in with Wonderland's coaster? Maybe even a...SPLASHDOWN finale? God forbid if there was a choice between D-Back and Levi over who would be more deserving of one, it would make a LOT more sense, thematically, that Levi gets it...

If it is Leviathan, than I should hope they play up the water thing. If Behemoth is the land monster (with an appropriately land-centered coaster), then the best thematic thing to do would be to have Leviathan be very water-based, with Kraken-like tunnels, mist, fake rock work, waterfalls, etc. Anything else would seem silly, especially since they have the perfect setup to capitalize on this land vs. sea vs. air mythology...

But after Maverick, maybe we won't even know till it opens. So many tunnels and props were put in that CG promotional video that didn't make it into the final product, I'd expect that they'd rather show the ride's layout completely bare than to overestimate their themeing again and lead to a let down. Diamondback's video only showed those massive rocks in the splashdown, and even they didn't make it in the end.