Canada's Wonderland 2012

Not really much different than Diamondback, just little taller. lol Are all B&M's out and back or do they have any that have loops or any other features?

In this particular style (Mega/Giga Coaster), the vast majority of them are out-and-back coasters. There are a TON more styles of Beemer (Dive Machine, Inverted, Floorless, etc.) that do loop-de-loops, but these ones don't have any inversions.

This is exactly what I was hoping for out of this ride. A copy-and-pasted series of airtime hills would have honestly underwhelmed me--the fact that this has many low-to-the-ground twists and turns (especially 4, 7, and 9) is awesome. Does Raging Bull even twist that much?

I need to get to Canada's Wonderland next year... I never get this excited about a B&M! :lol:

Is there ever an announcement people are not disappointed with? A giga coaster.. one of what? 3 in N.A... and people aren't excited about it? It's 75 ft taller and 15 mph faster than Behemoth.. I think those are some pretty distinguishable statistics... unless everyone thinks the SOB is pretty much the same as The Beast.

Is there ever an announcement people are not disappointed with? A giga coaster.. one of what? 3 in N.A... and people aren't excited about it? It's 75 ft taller and 15 mph faster than Behemoth.. I think those are some pretty distinguishable statistics... unless everyone thinks the SOB is pretty much the same as The Beast.

I could see them putting in some inversions like like they did with SOB to make it different I was dreaming about it but sadly I agree with flightoffear1996 it's pretty much the same ride. I have always thought when I rode other coasters similar to this that when I hit the breaks I feel dissatisfied. No doubt it's going to be a great ride but coaster variety... Don't think people will know its two different rides. You know the people that don't care about how high it is or what its called, when they go home they will be saying "which one was it they were a lot alike".

306 feet is record breaking? Any roller coaster can be record breaking nowadays. Diamondback, tallest coaster in Southeast Ohio. Leviathan tallest roller coaster in Canada. Except what other major theme parks are in Canada- none. Well, at least I wont be jealous of Canada anytime soon. I can always take the 4 hour drive to CP and ride Millenium Force.

306 feet is record breaking? Any roller coaster can be record breaking nowadays. Diamondback, tallest coaster in Southeast Ohio. Leviathan tallest roller coaster in Canada. Except what other major theme parks are in Canada- none. Well, at least I wont be jealous of Canada anytime soon. I can always take the 4 hour drive to CP and ride Millenium Force.

yes, it is record breaking. this new roller coaster is taller than any other roller coaster that has been built in canada.

I too am a bit perplexed why Canada`s Wonderland is getting a ride so similar to Behemoth. Granted, the ride is quite a bit taller and a lot faster, and looks totally fun. I have never been to Canada`s Wonderland. Maybe next year I will make it up there to experience the park. I`ve only heard good things about the park. And from what I gather from all the quarterly reports from Cedar Fair, Canada`s Wonderland is doing quite well for them (the sleeper hit of their Paramount Park acquisition). I`m just a bit surprised that they opted for something so similar, especially in terms of marketing, to a ride they already have.

Glad to see B&M finally break the 300' mark. Now, what would Millennium Force have been had B&M built it way back in 2000? Its fun to ponder the what ifs sometimes.

Wow...where to begin with this?

I guess I'll start with: Holy crap, this ride looks freaking insane! Ok, moving on...

At first glance, this seems to be a pretty questionable move, just as Mammoth at Holiday World was. They are very similar additions, and their marketing would probably involve similar themes. "Tallest, fastest coaster in Canada" and such. It makes you wonder why they decided to put such an otherwise stellar addition in a park that still considers its last enormous addition relatively new.

However, I think I may understand their motives here. I remember reading somewhere that the parks with the biggest draws in attendance terms were Cedar Point, Canada's Wonderland, Kings Island, Knotts Berry Farm, Carowinds and Kings Dominion. Correct me if I'm wrong, that may be way off. If it's right though, wouldn't it make sense to invest more heavily in the parks where the biggest return is possible? I don't think it's a coincidence that most of the biggest attractions of 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 (Excluding Prowler) have all been in those parks. Behemoth, Diamondback, Intimidator, Intimidator 305, the WindSeekers, Shoot The Rapids, and now Leviathan and Carowinds' new ride. So I think that's why they put it at Canada's Wonderland, because that's a park where they can probably get the best return for their investment.

On the ride itself, I think it looks wicked. Combine the best elements of Diamondback (Big, graceful airtime hills) and Millennium Force (Enormous, fast turns high in the air) and Intimidator 305 (Quick, low to the ground turns with high G's) and add in a really impressive theme. I can't wait to ride it, whether that would be next year or the year after or later than that. All I know is is that I am riding this someday, for sure! :D

IF Kings Island gets a Giga 2013.. keyword IF.. I really hope it is not named after a snake. I do think if DA! is here to stay, or at least for the long haul, putting it near the exhibit, and naming it after a dino.. something having to do with a bronosaurus or something, would be the best name.

EDIT: sorry.. misrepresented myself.. next year should have read 2013.. fixed now.

I will try to make to CW on the opening day for this. This one looks more like MF than Behemoth. Of course, this one should have much more air time than MF. No mid course brake. Interesting. #3 would be similar to MF second hill. #4 is 122 degree inline twist with air time. This will be insane element. #6 at 115 degrees will feel more like a loop. #7 will have a heck of lateral. From the diagram, #8 will have mother of all airtime. I believe this will be the best B&M to date.

The ride looks incredible. There's no doubt about that. I am just as confused as everyone else here. This makes no sense to me. Why build the same coaster that was built 4 years ago again? It seems weird how it is using the old style B&M hyper trains too. I just dont see why they wouldn't add something they didnt have. When (and IF) KI gets a new coaster next year, I surely hope it isnt a repeat of Diamondback.