Merchandise Oddities

homestar92

OK, as we all know, the park likes to remove any and all references to the existence of Son of Beast. And sometimes they do a poor job. A lot of merchandise features its logo or likeness, which may just be leftovers from 2009, or even unintentional. But this T-Shirt in the Diamondback gift shop, is the greatest "cameo" I've ever seen Son of Beast make since its closing. Here it is:

0727111806.jpg

What is wrong with this picture to you?

Almost all CF apparel is designed by corporate and shipped from the manufacturer to Sandusky before it is split up to the respective parks.

The t-shirt in the original post has an illustration of a wooden coaster; not a photograph. It's not Beast, nor is it Son of Beast. It's a cartoonish representation that could be used to promote almost any wooden coaster.

Even so, it's not uncommon for photos/renderings of other coasters to be used in merchandise. For example WOF has new Timber Wolf t-shirts with a picture of Renegade on them. Once corporate finds a design they like they will often resuse for different rides and parks. It's no different than TV commercials using footage of other parks' rides.

The t-shirt in the original post has an illustration of a wooden coaster; not a photograph. It's not Beast, nor is it Son of Beast. It's a cartoonish representation that could be used to promote almost any wooden coaster.

Even still, I find it funny that right next to that shirt was a very accurate cartoonish rendering of Diamondback with a similar caption. And I also find it funny just how similar that coaster looks to Son of Beast.

The t-shirt in the original post has an illustration of a wooden coaster; not a photograph. It's not Beast, nor is it Son of Beast.

0727111806.jpg

Son_of_Beast.jpg

Let's be honest...

Son of Beast and The Beast are often mixed up by the general public anyway (yet another reason I can't help but laugh when people say the Son of Beast name is forever tarnished and can never be used again because it's a public disgrace... People point at the 200 foot wooden hill and say, "Dude, let's ride The Beast!" and then say, "Wow, Son of Beast was rough today! But I liked the tunnel!"), and let's face it... People are inattentive.

Anyone else seen The Crypt shirt with a mummy and Egyptian scarabs? That ride has a Hindu goddess, dog warriors from hell, a pink bat demon, and skeletons galore. About the only ancient world/horror cliche it doesn't have is mummies, so what do they chose for the shirt?

Crypt_shirt_logo_only.JPG

Poor Rivertown. First, it was an early Ohio settlement. Now it's home to a mysterious beast, a giant snake, a Hindu temple, a demonic bat demon, and mummies. Talk about a bad neighborhood...

Demonic bat demon? Aren't all demons demonic? But all joking aside, I know what you mean about people confusing beast and Son of Beast. I had a family try to argue with me and tell me that Beast had been closed for 2 years... I kindly told them they were misinformed, but they swore they heard right and then claimed they were going to ride the King Cobra next. Sometimes I think we need membership cards so people just trust me that I do, in fact, spend WAY too much time here, and at this point probably know everything worth knowing about KI. In fact, I think someone should make us a template in Microsoft Publisher lol.