Norris Lake, Dollywood, and Beech Bend Park!

Titan

Hey guys! I recently took a week trip to Norris Lake with my family. We also stopped at Beech Bend Park and Dollywood! I wasn't thinking and forgot to take my camera to the parks, but when you're excited, you tend to forget things (like sunscreen). But I do have some pictures of the cabin, lake, and of us heading back home.

002.jpg

My parent's bed.

003.jpg

The beat up ping-pong table and my little cousin.

004.jpg

The small but big kitchen.

016.jpg

This shot turned out great!

017.jpg

So did this one!

018.jpg

This is the exterior of our cabin.

040.jpg

I wish we could have stayed in this one, but our's was great too!

DSCN1353.jpg

A cool toadstool, but sadly it was dying.

054.jpg

Me jumping off the boat.

DSCN1298.jpg

Some fish we caught and released.

DSCN1372.jpg

An awesome hotel!

DSCN1373.jpg

We are about to cross the river into Ohio.

DSCN1374.jpg

Taken on the I-75 bridge.

DSCN1375.jpg

The river.

DSCN1376.jpg

Paul Brown Stadium, home of the not my favorite team, Bengals.

DSCN1377.jpg

Downtown.

DSCN1379.jpg

A magazine I was reading.

DSCN1382.jpg

The old industrial area. This is one of the coolest areas of Cincy!

DSCN1384.jpg

Taking photos on the run isn't very easy.

DSCN1388.jpg

Kings Island anyone?

DSCN1395.jpg

Now this looks like a nice hotel, at least on the outside.

DSCN1397.jpg

A map for a RCT3 park I sketched out.

DSCN1399.jpg

Now that's cool architecture.

DSCN1404.jpg

Trader's World!

DSCN1405.jpg

This church is so empty without the Jesus statue.

Okay now for the boring part of the report, ratings and reviews.

Beech Bend Park:

This place reminded me of Holiday World. Free parking, free soft drinks, and free sun screen. The Kentucky Rumbler was great and the wait was only 20 minutes. The Wild Mouse and Looping Star (something like that) were also great! I wasn't able to see any shows, and I also didn't go to the water park. But there were also a lot of carnival-style rides too! Overall I'd give this park a 8/10!

Dollywood:

Wow, this park has some of the best scenery I've seen! Sadly, Thunderhead wasn't open, but the Tornado and Mystery Mine was! I'm a huge Arrow junkie, so I fell in love with the Tornado right away. Mystery Mine was really fun too! Their potatoes were great too. The crowds were quite large, but I only waited a max of 30 minutes for Mystery Mine. Barnstormer also had a very short wait, but the circuit was a tad short. But it was still a great ride! Overall I'd give Dollywood a 9/10!

Norris Lake:

This is where I spent most of my time! We had a cabin right on the lake. We also rented out a pontoon boat, but we had to return it and get a different one halfway through the week. We were placed second to last in a cove, so we had a lot of places to swim! The people were also very, very friendly. Every time we went passed someone, they waved and of course, we waved back. We also traveled to three marinas, where we picked up some items. The workers there were very nice and most of them were from Ohio! I was sad when we had to leave and we just got back a couple hours ago, and I spent an hour just typing this. But I'd recommend you guys to go here. I had a lot of fun! Thanks for reading and please post your thoughts below!

More Below

Kentucky Artisan Center:

We stopped here because we thought it was going to be a rest area. But it was better! We entered a nice building and saw a huge store. It had items that local artists had made. Some guy had made a little civil war village that I wanted. But then I noticed it was 600$, so it didn't happen. But we also saw a guy making a glass bowl. And it even had a cafe. I'm glad we stopped here because it was a nice break!

• 1 month later...