KI Now Hiring For Halloween Haunt

XGatorHead 8904

2 days before my 16th birthday i went in for an interview, and during the interview when she asked my age and i said i would be 16 in two days, She said they wouldnt even talk to me because i wasnt 16, they also told me to come back next weekend. But it was only 2 days away and i wasnt happy about having to go back.

ive also done two topics in Kings Island about getting a job there and what it would be like because im really excited about getting a job at Halloween Haunbt

well heres the thing, take what you know about the maze your at, they told you the name and they most likely told you about what it was like. So then use your imagination. For example: You were given a spot at the all new Maze called "Toyz" Here you were told that the maze was all about misfit and deformed toys that were mad and killers. You know your most likely going to be a toy, so then thinkg are you going to be a straight forward crazy toy? Or maybe you'll be a quiet killer toy, or perhaps you'll just be the crazy one that is quiet and talks to himself but once the group gets close to you, you freak out and jump around and run at the group and back off then get in their faces and ask them to play...etc.

Haunt scaring is 200% 100 action and 100 delievering a story.

well heres the thing, take what you know about the maze your at, they told you the name and they most likely told you about what it was like. So then use your imagination. For example: You were given a spot at the all new Maze called "Toyz" Here you were told that the maze was all about misfit and deformed toys that were mad and killers. You know your most likely going to be a toy, so then thinkg are you going to be a straight forward crazy toy? Or maybe you'll be a quiet killer toy, or perhaps you'll just be the crazy one that is quiet and talks to himself but once the group gets close to you, you freak out and jump around and run at the group and back off then get in their faces and ask them to play...etc.

Haunt scaring is 200% 100 action and 100 delievering a story.

1.they iddnt tell me anything about which maze i was working at. only that its new and id be working it

2. now that i think about it they really should have given me more information than just the name of it

3.the name doesnt really dilever anything but its scary...

4. i sent an email to the Associates email trying to get more information on it

Don't worry about it. They will give you a costume. They will show you the maze. You will have days to practice with other employees coming through your maze. You will know what "part" you are supposed to act!

so what on the rehersal days do i go in and they show me the maze? and show me where i am have me move around. im real excited about this. with the money i earn i can finally put down some pre-orders. and im not worry just excited :D. hope i see you there

Well for Trail of Terror in '09, on one of the orientation days we went out and walked the trail. as we went through each section our supervisor would say " alright I need 3 people for this section" and then people would volunteer to be put in that section. You aren't guaranteed to stay in that section though, once Haunt starts, or once rehearsals start your supervisor may feel you would do better in another section. They have the power to move people around. And, in my experience, they don't really tell you what to say. It's up to you to come up with how you are going to scare people, and what your "lines" will be. It's up to you to come up with something unique to say and to scare people. For example, in Trail of Terror I became really good friends with all the people in my section of the trail (I know so many people who make great friends through haunt) and we would all work together to scare. First you would come up a hill and ronny would jump out from behind a tree and scare people. Then, Hannah would run down the path dragging a heavy metal pole and run right up to the guests scaring them! then they would get to Lauren, she would normally be hiding in the woods, or laying right next to the trail and would move suddenly and get people everytime. Then they came to me. I would stand up against a tree that had a random chain hanging from it. I would contort my body, and pull one of my arms inside my shirt so that I looked like a prop with only one arm. People would think I was just a prop, then right when they got close to me I would jump up and scare the crap out of them. One time there was a hold up on the trail, and a group stopped right infront of where I was pretending to be fake. I stood and stood, not moving a muscle. The group was joking and saying "wouldn't that be hilarous if that thing was real" they pointed to me. I waited like 10 seconds longer, then slowly started moving toward them then creepily said" I am real" right in the one girl's ear. They had the funniest reaction ever. First they all screamed in shock. then they rolled onto the ground. Then they just kept saying :I can't believe he was real, I can't believe he was real!" Then they were laughing at themselves at how much I scared them.

Then after my little part, they moved on to the port-o-potty and got shot by water, then Amanda would be hunched over a dead body shaking a bone at them saying something along the lines of "why don't you stay for dinner?? mwuahahah" People always told us they loved our whole section, and how enthusiastic we were.

Well for Trail of Terror in '09, on one of the orientation days we went out and walked the trail. as we went through each section our supervisor would say " alright I need 3 people for this section" and then people would volunteer to be put in that section. You aren't guaranteed to stay in that section though, once Haunt starts, or once rehearsals start your supervisor may feel you would do better in another section. They have the power to move people around. And, in my experience, they don't really tell you what to say. It's up to you to come up with how you are going to scare people, and what your "lines" will be. It's up to you to come up with something unique to say and to scare people. For example, in Trail of Terror I became really good friends with all the people in my section of the trail (I know so many people who make great friends through haunt) and we would all work together to scare. First you would come up a hill and ronny would jump out from behind a tree and scare people. Then, Hannah would run down the path dragging a heavy metal pole and run right up to the guests scaring them! then they would get to Lauren, she would normally be hiding in the woods, or laying right next to the trail and would move suddenly and get people everytime. Then they came to me. I would stand up against a tree that had a random chain hanging from it. I would contort my body, and pull one of my arms inside my shirt so that I looked like a prop with only one arm. People would think I was just a prop, then right when they got close to me I would jump up and scare the crap out of them. One time there was a hold up on the trail, and a group stopped right infront of where I was pretending to be fake. I stood and stood, not moving a muscle. The group was joking and saying "wouldn't that be hilarous if that thing was real" they pointed to me. I waited like 10 seconds longer, then slowly started moving toward them then creepily said" I am real" right in the one girl's ear. They had the funniest reaction ever. First they all screamed in shock. then they rolled onto the ground. Then they just kept saying :I can't believe he was real, I can't believe he was real!" Then they were laughing at themselves at how much I scared them.

Then after my little part, they moved on to the port-o-potty and got shot by water, then Amanda would be hunched over a dead body shaking a bone at them saying something along the lines of "why don't you stay for dinner?? mwuahahah" People always told us they loved our whole section, and how enthusiastic we were.

thats pretty cool, that just made me even more excited to go, but why cant Halloween Haunt start earlier and last longer D: i might try the standing still thing. i usually do that on hallowen. so were you working there again this year or did you have to much and couldnt handle all the fun working again this year?

Last year I didn't work there because I wanted to GO to haunt instead of work there. I thought about working there again this year, but my other job and college prevent me from doing that. I do want to go back at some point though. Working at Haunt is awesome

Last year I didn't work there because I wanted to GO to haunt instead of work there. I thought about working there again this year, but my other job and college prevent me from doing that. I do want to go back at some point though. Working at Haunt is awesome

that sucks that you couldnt work there, maybe next year :D

• 3 weeks later...

I wanna be a Half Pint Brawler! I can't get enough of whoopin' butt with office supplies. I'm 6'1", ya think that'll be a problem?

You would have to go through the guy or gal who runs that wrestling company. I loved the part where the guy gets ran out of Guest Services. I bet they have times where they wanna do that. Lol.