Assigning seats on The Beast

RaptorGuy

As long as I'm not forced into a back seat (except the occasional back row of the whole train), I'm quite pleased to have a little crowd control in The Beast station. They may be doing it to get the Fast Lane users in without disruption and upsetting non-Fast Lane users, and that's great, but all of us benefit as the crowded Beast station experience is one of the least pleasant in the park.

Also, I will bet you any amounts of money that if you nicely ask the operator where you want to sit they will try and give it to you.

We've never NOT been given the seats we requested. It's not rocket surgery, most of the time if you're polite to employees they'll be polite to you.

I'll have to see how this goes, it may stop me from riding as I have to have a front car on The Beast wherever it is or I get a splitting headache. The front cars have a solid place to put your feet against which helps my head a lot as opposed to the other seats where it's all an open area under the seat in front of you.

I know a park rep is going to get upset and call the ACE police on me, but if he's that sensitive, be my guest and call them! They have been assigning seats this week on Beast for no apparent reason. I told the rides manager I was upset and he is suppose to fix it, but as of today that has not happened. There is absolutely NO reason to assign seats on coasters, and especially ones were they never did in the last 32 years! I don't know whats up with assigning seats on Beast, but this Raptor Bird is NOT amused!

Greetings to the fine members and fellow lurkers of KICentral. As the Southern Ohio Regional Representative of ACE, I move to the ranks of member today. My great predecessor Sean advised me to stay away from posting on boards as an ACE Rep, as it only leads to problems. I failed to pass that wisdom down to Brian until recently and unfortunately he has not heeded that wisdom. Brian (RaptorGuy) does not express the views of American Coaster Enthusiasts. Since this forum is where he currently complains most about the park, in violation of his responsibilities as Assistant Regional Representative of ACE, I as the ACE police (since I did make a commitment to a certain park rep to monitor this site) must say that Brian is no longer the Assistant Regional Rep of ACE. ACE members are entitled to speak their mind about anything, but reps are supposed to support and promote local parks, not tear them down. Brian has provided many years of great service to ACE and I appreciate all his help.

Back to lurking.

Did anybody else know that RaptorGuy was associated with ACE?

This is the first i heard that. But i guess that you get what is coming to you when you whine all the time about stuff. Most all companys will do the same thing when you put them down or someone they are associated with down. But he did ask for it in his first post.

In a way I think this may be a blessing in disguise for RaptorGuy...now he doesn't have to hold back, he can really tell us what he thinks! :lol:

In all seriousness though I think it is a shame that this has happened but I can see where ACE are coming from.

Edit: I would also like to add that I can not ever remember RaptorGuy EVER mentioning here on the board that he was associated with ACE.

Russ,

I certainly would not want to become a member of any community that will kick out it's members for speaking up about things that are wrong...especially about a fluid situation such as Fast Lane and the seating problems therein...nor would I wish to remain a member of an organization that would have someone post about me personally on a website that is here to air such things.

I think that KI would readily admit that they are having issues with the Fast Pass system, and that it is a trial balloon. Having been to the park numerous times since the inception of Fast Pass, I'm not sure that even the employees are sure from day to day what to do with it.

Furthermore, why is it OK for Russ to publicly out a fellow ACE member on an online forum? Prior to Russ doing that, I had no idea at all of anything ACE related, didn't even know ACE existed, didn't know Raptor Guy was an ACE member, much less a leader in the organization.

Seems very, very wrong of Russ as a "leader" in the ACE community to air his dirty laundry in such a public way. Makes the entire organization look silly, petty, and mean spirited.

Russ,

I certainly would not want to become a member of any community that will kick out it's members for speaking up about things that are wrong...especially about a fluid situation such as Fast Lane and the seating problems therein...nor would I wish to remain a member of an organization that would have someone post about me personally on a website that is here to air such things.

Bennett I do not know if you are a member of ACE or not but assume not as it seems you are unaware of their code of conduct here , It seems clear in there expectations which is rarely enforced but due to the position one may hold a higher standard is expected. I have no inside with ACE and will not second guess their situation in the matter as I am sure this is something they would have preferred to not deal with. They say he was warned but he continued to the point they felt the need to distance themselves from his statements. I can see why they would want some to know he no longer holds a office with them in a public way.

This is a very sensitive topic and one that is worth holding open as long as everyone here understands the sensitive nature and not post disrespectful post one way or the other as that is a TOS violation here.

I wish Raptorguy who has been a friend through the years the best during this difficult time.

ACE drama - kind of sad that an organization that has many things good about it and that many on here share a common passion and interest with continues to perpetuate a stereotype by dealing with this publicly.

While I often disagree with raptorguy, I can't ever recall him claiming to represent ACE or speak for ACE here on KIC. Remove him if you want, but recognize that your actions did more harm to ACE than Raptorguy's did.

I would like to say I support everyone involved in this horrible situation in which most did not ask for.

I support ACE as an organization for and what they are trying to accomplish while having fun in supporting parks from around the world.

I support Russ as someone who is a volunteer and must make difficult decisions at times at the risk of his reputation.

I support Kings Island and the employees of Kings Island who are trying to provide a fun safe atmosphere for all those who enter their gates.

I support RaptorGuy who cares enough to speak up when he feels he should and when appropriate.

There is a lot of tension about this situation and in truth none of us have enough information to pass judgement on anybody and if we do then maybe we should look within ourselves first.

I think what would be refreshing and appropriate if those who feel they should, take personal responsibility for their actions. That is something we all can get behind, support and respect. This is not aimed at one person or persons but at all of us. Many times we say things in a heat of a moment or in a careless but non purposeful way, but then it effects many innocent people even those who know nothing about the situation. Taking responsibility for our own actions is the first step in the healing process and forgiveness.

I think further finger pointing at this point is counter productive and not good for the enthusiast community as a whole, after all we all share similar love in visiting Amusement/Theme Parks.

I sincerely hope only those who are directly involved in some way take time to reflect on their part and how it has affected others then in their own way take personal responsibility for their actions.

Does this mean that riding by myself is no longer an option? I can deal with riding next to a stranger if I'm in a back row on Diamondback, but I won't sit next to a stranger on any ride where I have to be physically close to said stranger.

Is this going to be applied to all of the rides eventually?

I thinks it's a good decision because it should help things go a little faster in the station no matter what the reason for the separator may be. The only thing I think would be nice, would be if they had numbers marking the row on the train similar to Diamondback. It seems like it would cause less confusion.

Are you comparing a volunteer rep position to a job? Also if you were to degrade the company you had said job with on a forum, I could see there being words said by that company to offer a counter statement, in which the company would announce that person no longer is an employee of the company. I've seen it happen. More than once.

no, i'm referring to someone being dismissed from their position on a public forum, this situation could have, and should have, been handled in private and in person. what happened didn't even need to become public on this forum, not once that i can remember did raptorguy ever announce he held a position with ace here on KICentral, leaving in my eyes, and in others i know, no reason to dismiss him in front of a group of his *peers.

*being used very loosely.