Entertainment News: Two New Shows for 2012 Announced

Kirk Sheppard

I have really enjoyed the level of entertainment that Kings Island has had over the past few years.especially when they brought in special event entertainment.

I find myself these days when visiting Kings Island and taking in shows trying to catch the Snoopy Rocks on Ice show just to add variety to the mix. I do enjoy the song and dance routines of look back on music tributes but I would like to see a something different brought in to give more variety. In fact on my last two visit I brought this very subject up and said I would enjoy it if they bring in something like the "All Wheels Extreme" show from Cedar Point. I also wish they would add a adult comedy show for Haunt, I do like the Ghouls Gone Wild comedy with music but I mean comedy skits or stand up routine would be a great addition.

If I got to decide with no concern to budget but just my wish list my list would be;

Roaming Clown Band or something similar

Few musical review shows in the Festhaus

all wheels show in the international show place

Live tropical house band playing at Boomerang Bay (really like this but it would be my first cut if necessary)

Snoopy Ice Show

Featured live show at Haunt to be moved to the theater so if it rains there is still something to do.

Comedy show at Haunt

Lastly to make up for the musical shows tie those in as a promotional events to entice season pass locals to come to the park more and to include those with meals. Such as many other parks who have brought in some old headliner bands. Like eat to the beat series or BBQ & Brew series. this would not have a lot of effect on the ride lines so much but get locals including further away locals to come and eat to listen to great music in a great atmosphere. This last one is what I desire the most.

Again I am happy with what we have been getting but if I was asked for my wish list then you just read it.

I really would not care if it was All wheels just as long as it was something different.

But I do believe All Wheels could go into Showplace theater just from my own perspective at looking at the stages. obviously some stage design would be needed but could happen .

<iframe src="http://www.phanfare.com/embed/1009485-5146974-129880741-178a4325362ee466916b56a05ee16eee" width="640" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.phanfare.com/embed/1009485-1685809-42847009-7fdfdf905c4d5cdcf6da72d9896ded89" width="640" frameborder="0" height="480"></iframe>

Now have said that one other problem could be the Music in the Park and other brought in groups who may need the showplace to be set up more like a tradition show stage.

I really would not care if it was All wheels just as long as it was something different.

But I do believe All Wheels could go into Showplace theater just from my own perspective at looking at the stages. obviously some stage design would be needed but could happen .

Now have said that one other problem could be the Music in the Park and other brought in groups who may need the showplace to be set up more like a tradition show stage.

Don't forget that giant amphitheater that sits empty 90% of the year over there by the Action Zone.... :-)

Yeah I thought about that but it sits so far back that I wonder if a daily show would do well back there. Disney Eat to The Beat has performers like Startship do 3 shows per evening that could be used for a concert series at the Showplace but other parks have the performers do 1 longer show which could use TimerWolf stage.

I am not saying it could happen one way or another for any type of show and at what place, as I have no information on my part to support anything of the such. Just throwing my wish list out there

We were at Fiesta Texas and had the pleasure of watching their "Ovation" show. It was in a real theatre with a real sound system and a live band. There were over 20 singers and at least 10 in the band. While it was a similar format to the typical sing alongs, it features a montage from Broadway shows.

What I always thought would be a fun show is a take off on the "win it in a minute" game show.

I'm so enjoying this topic! I'm happy that KI is adding 2 more shows!!!

Live shows to me are worth it. It's been a while since I've sat down and watched just shows at the park, would love to do it again soon, but good job KI!

I'll never forget when the CMT country show was at the park and one of the girls came to my dad singing and sat on his lap....he'll never forget that either!

I look forward to seeing these shows and their success!!

Love or hate the style of shows, you guys have to admit, however, that KB does an incredible job considering that he's essentially a one man department when it comes to this stuff and they give him almost no budget.

He should also design more Haunt mazes; Urgent Scare is still the best attraction they're ever done.