The Beast may lose world's longest?

HWBeast1039

There is another way to look at this, but I don't want to risk crossing the 'political' term-of-service rule. Let me say it like this: A man has the largest swingset in the world in his backyard. Then, one day, the man can no longer pay his bills, and has to sell his property to satisfy his obligations. The holder of most of his debt buys his property, and then the world's largest swingset becomes their asset. Thus, now they have the world's largest swingset, and didn't have to build a new one to claim the bragging rights.

There are currently only 2 wooden coasters in China. I was told that the GCI at Knight Valley is still not open to customers even though the ride is complete. Seems the hold up is getting the government to certify the ride. Since wooden coasters are such a rare breed in China, they don't have anything to compare. This was told to me on July 24th of this year. Their was supposed to have been a representative from GCI at Coasting for Kids-Worlds of Fun, but he was on a plane back to China to try to get the ride open.

So before I would worry too much about Beast losing a record, I would want to see these other coasters open and running. Besides, record or not we will still be enjoying night rides in our own back yard. rolleyes.gif

There are currently only 2 wooden coasters in China. I was told that the GCI at Knight Valley is still not open to customers even though the ride is complete. Seems the hold up is getting the government to certify the ride. Since wooden coasters are such a rare breed in China, they don't have anything to compare. This was told to me on July 24th of this year. Their was supposed to have been a representative from GCI at Coasting for Kids-Worlds of Fun, but he was on a plane back to China to try to get the ride open.

So before I would worry too much about Beast losing a record, I would want to see these other coasters open and running. Besides, record or not we will still be enjoying night rides in our own back yard. rolleyes.gif

Dave,

You are correct in that wooden coasters are a rare breed in China, but just to clarify, we did open our ride a few weeks ago to the public. If anyone was waiting to go to China, the ride at Knight Valley is open! Check out the photos on our Facebook page and like us!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/GreatCoasters