Diamondback vs BEAST

mccarthysnerd

Null vote. I love Diamondback's (relative) smoothness and insane ejector in the back row on the first drop, but I prefer my coasters with a little more than repeated floater and a few turns. I love Beast's classicness, but (I hate to say this again, but) it just isn't running very well this year, in my opinion. (On the immediate exit from the first pass through the helix tunnel, I swear you can see the track deformations while riding in the front row. If not, sit in the back and watch the entire train lurch as it leaves the tunnel... Don't forget to brace yourself!)

I've never thought to compare a wooden coaster to a steel coaster. But I'll go with The Beast.

1. There is no other coaster out there like it, Diamondback has about four other clones.

2. Without The Beast, who knows where Kings Island would be now.

Although Diamondback was a good addition, I'm still going with the big, bad, Beast!

I sat in the back of Diamondback and was not all that impressed - it was not as smooth as I thought it would be. The future will tell, but I am guessing that DB will get a lot rougher as the years go by - and how do you re-track a steel coaster? The Beast could be around forever - and will change, too, through the years - but at least it can be fixed if it gets to be too much for riders to endure.