Forums Software Updated

I have just completed the upgrade to the latest IPS Board software, as you can tell by the time I'm posting this, it was a rocky road. As you will discover there is quite a bit of cool new features.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs and I will work to remedy them asap.

Also,the old skin will be returning. I will continue to iron out the bugs in it tomorrow. For now, the stock one will do.

Thanks Dane for the update and hard work behind the scenes.

I have notices that profile pictures are being used as members avatar, instead of what the members specified picture uploaded to be their avatar.

I did notice when I went to update my picture it shows my latest selected avatar picture with me in front of T-Rex at KI DA.

Edited to add; Ok after plying around with it for a bit it has my profile picture as my avatar picture an has my avatar picture as my profile picture. those pictures have been switched and i noticed a few others like that as well. I will keep mine like it is for now so if you need reference you can look at mine. Basically Flying over Disney with the family has been my profile picture for years but now it is become my avatar picture after the update and my most recent uploaded avatar picture (back in May) is me in front of T-Rex now has become my profile picture after the update.

Dane, I really appreciate all the work on this. Being someone who is in IT and managing a few websites, I understand the frustration when things don't go as planned.

Would it be possible to also work on our main page? For someone visiting the site they see under attractions new for "2007", the rides list is not up to date, park history has not been updated since 2008. Getting all those details up to date would sure make us look a lot more knowledgeable and passionate about the park we all love.

Way to go! I like the new forum. It feels very modern compared to the older version.

Just one question: it seems as though my animated .gif avatar bit the dust along the way. I've still got it saved, but the new forum won't let me re-upload it. Are animated .gifs no longer supported?

I have notices that profile pictures are being used as members avatar, instead of what the members specified picture uploaded to be their avatar.

I did notice when I went to update my picture it shows my latest selected avatar picture with me in front of T-Rex at KI DA.

Edited to add; Ok after plying around with it for a bit it has my profile picture as my avatar picture an has my avatar picture as my profile picture. those pictures have been switched and i noticed a few others like that as well. I will keep mine like it is for now so if you need reference you can look at mine. Basically Flying over Disney with the family has been my profile picture for years but now it is become my avatar picture after the update and my most recent uploaded avatar picture (back in May) is me in front of T-Rex now has become my profile picture after the update.

As per invision, there is no more profile pictures, just one image to be used as your avatar and profile picture. It was set to default to keep your avatar and delete your profile picture. It did mine fine, I dont know why it didnt do yours. As I said, there was issues with some SQL queries.

Yeah, this is great. I actually want to post/view the boards again.

It was getting SO SLOW for me.

I had been seeing the same thing over the past few weeks. I just thought it was me. The update seems to have resolved it. Thanks Dane!

As per invision, there is no more profile pictures, just one image to be used as your avatar and profile picture. It was set to default to keep your avatar and delete your profile picture. It did mine fine, I dont know why it didnt do yours. As I said, there was issues with some SQL queries.

I think a single pic is more than sufficient. It is looking good!

Yeah, but now my usual avatar is distorted, and my Wally picture that I used for my profile pic is severely cropped so I can't use that. Looks like I'll have to find a new picture or play around with trying to resize the ones I have.

EDIT: That's a little better, I'll play around some more.

What sized does it need to be gator? I have tried a few pics which are to big I guess and now I have nothing.

Why am I now forced to view only 15 posts per page?!? I have always had my preferences set to display 50 posts per page, as I find that makes reading long threads easier. Any chance of getting that option back? It's ridiculous to force only 15 ppp; it's fine as a default, since people with slow connections may have trouble loading longer pages, but give us the option to change it if we want.

jcgoble3 as Dane stated he was up very late trying to get this update finished, he had some trouble and decided to quit for the evening. It is easier to update late when lees members are on the board. He left a note for us to help find bugs that need to be adjusted. Just leave a nice note about your preferences that are no longer available and I am sure he will look into it. I set my page number to 30 especially since i am on the road, it helps me from needing to turn pages.

Dane thanks for the avatar info also I tried to link to a page but it did not allow me to attach it to a word. Like the info can be found "here" with the link inside the word here.

I do not know what features the new skin brings...but I hope it allows for rectangle avatars...everyone having the exact same outined square shape is a bit boring.

I also hope the "Who's celebrating a birthday" feature returns.

It's also nice to have some new emoticons...but the one I use the most , the smiley face seems just a bit TOO happy! :)

Nevermind, thanks Gator!

^That's the way rotag wanted it, so they did that for him.

What sized does it need to be gator? I have tried a few pics which are to big I guess and now I have nothing.

I don't know, I just got a new picture. It's almost that time of year for me to be switching it to Zombie Wally anyway! :lol:

im kinda wanting to know what this was, as im a little confused now... :wacko:

Dane, thanks for the work. I have a hard time working with web software, it's nerve wracking, and I appreciate your doing it.

I have a loathing of HTML. They used it for typesetting back when the TRSDOS-80 was new, to be promoted from typesetting was a big deal, because I didn't have to code anymore.

Why am I now forced to view only 15 posts per page?!? I have always had my preferences set to display 50 posts per page, as I find that makes reading long threads easier. Any chance of getting that option back? It's ridiculous to force only 15 ppp; it's fine as a default, since people with slow connections may have trouble loading longer pages, but give us the option to change it if we want.

I'm for this too, it doesn't give the option for per user post to display per text. I believe it is due to the catche the software does not to make the pages load faster and less stress on the server. I have upped the number to 30 for the time being.

Well, I was typing a response to Snowman, but I discovered another new feature I like: the forums notified me of a new post in the thread and gave me a link to show the new post without losing what I was typing. It saved me from cluttering up the thread with a duplicate answer. I like that.