Forums Software Updated

Well, I was typing a response to Snowman, but I discovered another new feature I like: the forums notified me of a new post in the thread and gave me a link to show the new post without losing what I was typing. It saved me from cluttering up the thread with a duplicate answer. I like that.

Awesome had not seen that myself. Very cool feature!

I just realized when I clicked a link, it opened into a new window instead of opening in the same window. Thanks so much for that change Dane!!!!! :)

That was one of my pet peeves too.

Dane, Is it posibble tu add a speel chick bottun?

The new format really looks great. Thanks for the hard work.

I recommend switching to Chrome or Firefox for a number of reasons, including built in spell check.

Has anyone else noticed that in the members on-line list Google & Yahoo are "here" a lot...is that because this version is new and they are scanning it...or just that this version shows their presence and they old one didn't?

The old one showed their presence as well but I believe it may have been hidden from public view as a anonymous member.

Speaking of which, one of the notification options reads, "Notify me when someone 'likes' my posts". So where is this "like" button, or is the feature not turned on?

Ill turn it on as a test.

I'm a little indifferent to the "Like" feature...it doesn't actually bother me...but I think it tends to make some people a little lazy and not post their feelings. (It will be ironic if someone simply just "likes" this post!)

• Like 2

Speaking of which, one of the notification options reads, "Notify me when someone 'likes' my posts". So where is this "like" button, or is the feature not turned on?

Ill turn it on as a test.

I'm a little indifferent to the "Like" feature...it doesn't actually bother me...but I think it tends to make some people a little lazy and not post their feelings. (It will be ironic if someone simply just "likes" this post!)

I tried to "like" your post, but I got an error message saying, "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day." Um... I haven't "liked" anything yet today.

Dane is aware of it and is working through the new features. The "Like" button is only a test for now so we may be more consistent with testing, just like the park.

Another nice feature for those who post long post like trip reports. The post box has a auto save feature and shows when the last save was done.

Thanks Dane I believe this is some of your best work yet.

hey guys.. this is rsipus13.... i had to create another account because i cant do anything on my other 1.... i cant post anything and i cant see half of the things.. ill try to get a picture of what im talking about...... but i cant do anything since the update......help!!!!!!!

rsipus13 You probably know by now as you are able to see this with your regular account now. I have merged the new one you created to make your last post into your old name. As I went through your settings it looked as if somehow the board skin got changed. When I set it at the default community skin and refreshed from your account it looks normal. So I believe, nothing more needs to be done on our end at this point unless you indicate further action is needed. Please remember I reset your password so you should change it back to your old one or make a new one. Have a great afternoon and sorry for all your troubles.

I tried to link to a page but it did not allow me to attach it to a word. Like the info can be found "here" with the link inside the word here.

OK I got this figured out and sharing it here in case those who have not figured it out will know how to link a page with a word or words.

Type the word/words you want use to link to another page like Terms of Service. Highlight the word/words using you mouse then click on the "link: icon in the post box, another small window will open up and put your link in the proper box. Click OK and it should look like this Terms of Service . Good Luck everyone and I hope you all are enjoying and appreciating Danes hard work.

Nope not me, it worked for me right away and i like it better. I believe you have an IPhone like myself so no clue why it will not switch for you maybe power off and then power up to see if that helps. Good Luck.

I actually have a droid x and after a reboot and clearing of cache, I still only get the normal version even after clicking the mobile version. Is it just me or do others see the same issue. I know I am not the only member with an andriod phone.

Brings up the full site on my Nexus S 4G as well. I was able to get into the mobile version by tapping "Change Theme" at the bottom and then tapping "IP.Mobile". Unfortunately though that means you have to change it back to the full version again when you log back in from your computer, but it's better than constantly having to zoom in or out to get around.

Odd thing is though, when I go to another forum powered by the same version of IP.Board, it loads the mobile theme just fine.