dream ride/attraction wish list

oysterman

Themeing takes a lot of money, just look at Everest at Animal Kimgdom.

They built a near 200' mountain with an animatronic yeti (doesn't work though), with a switch track along with a 4,000 foot length of track, and the queue for the ride.

Disney overdid it. Kings Island doesn't need to spend that much money on it.

I would love for Kings Island to get a coaster like Verbolten or Thirteen. The land back by Son of Beast and Flight Deck would be perfect for this style of ride. Although the theming might be a little over Cedar Fair's head, I would still be amazed if they were able to pull it off.

I would never expect a Verbolten style to come from Cedar Fair. Of course they're FUN, but you can't build SIX of 'em across the chain (much less thi3teen).

EDIT: And back to what this thread is about, I would never want anyone to build something by Adventure Express ever again unless they are willing to put in foliage (and don't get me started on Diamondback's pond concrete pool!). IMO, Son of Beast, Drop Tower, and Flight of Fear completely axed Adventure Express' atmosphere, and it always kills me to see those rides when I ride (or marathon) Adventure Express. It's like if Paramount painted the Eiffel Tower neon orange.

I would never expect a Verbolten style to come from Cedar Fair. Of course they're FUN, but you can't build SIX of 'em across the chain (much less thi3teen).

Pulling a page out of Terpy's book, eh? Yes, which is why I said I would be amazed if they could pull it off. But you do bring up a valid point. If Kings Island got one there would be a lot more Cedar Fair parks that would get one. Which would make the ride pretty pointless and take out the fun of it being a mystery.

At least that mystery would be mine for awhile. (I know, these "puns" have nothing to do with the topic at hand)

Anyways, wouldn't it be odd if we got Mystery Mine where Backlot Stunt Coaster is now, and Dollywood got our Backlot Stunt Coaster in the current place of their Mystery Mine (swap the two attractions). That would be one heck of a deal, and it'd almost be worth getting the 'tiques taken out for it. Why did that plan with Gerstlauer fail, anyways?

Disney overdid it.

I disagree. Disney's parks are built on atmosphere, and making you feel like you are in that world. Seems to me that Disney is just trying to give guests a good time, instead of slapping a coaster into the middle of a parking lot and calling it a day.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or your making a joke towards the WindSeekers. If any Cedar Fair park got a Verbolten type coaster, I doubt you would even see it at another park. Cedar Fair doesn't clone their coasters at multiple parks. Only Six Flags and Paramount did that.

That may be in part because Cedar Fair's roller coasters are massive undertakings with only one - maybe two - fitting into the budget in any given year. Given that, I'm sure they'd loose their "bundle discount." For example, if they ordered a clone of Maverick for Kings Island, I doubt they'd be given any special deals like they might've the year of! CBS had a knack for medium-sized additions that could fit twice or thrice into one year's budget. May sound insignificant, but what would the Paramount Park's be without their respective Drop Towers, giant flat rides, or Scooby Doo rides? ...

In my review of Verbolten for Theme Park Tourist, I said I was glad that Busch Gardens had snagged the "free-fall" drop coaster concept in the U.S. As Thirteen and Verbolten have shown, the concept almost requires a "dark ride" portion to make it cool - seeing the little fifteen foot drop track from a midway wouldn't have the mystery and anticipation that the element requires to make it work to its highest potential. With that in mind, Six Flags won't be able to do it and Cedar Fair probably wouldn't even try. It's a little too intense for Disney. Perhaps you'll see it come alive again in Universal's Gringott's Bank coaster? Hmmm...

Themeing takes a lot of money, just look at Everest at Animal Kimgdom.

They built a near 200' mountain with an animatronic yeti (doesn't work though), with a switch track along with a 4,000 foot length of track, and the queue for the ride.

Disney overdid it. Kings Island doesn't need to spend that much money on it.

Compared to what has surpassed said attraction in terms of theming and technological breakthroughs, such as the now open Cars Land/Radiator Springs Racers (and even the entirety of Tokyo DisneySea), Expedition Everest could be considered a cheap build.

That said, would Kings Island spend $100+ million on a highly-themed, technologically heavy attraction such as RSR or Transformers? No. Would they spend $15-$20 million on a more modestly-themed, standard coaster/attraction like Mystery Mine or Verbolten? Most likely.

Depends on the circumstances. If you have to change the whole building it might be more expensive and be better off demolished. But if you only have to make a few changes it would be cheaper. I don't know the state of Crypt's building, so it's hard telling. I'd assume that quite a bit of work would have to be done though.

I'd like a Frisbee (not Giant), seeing as how Delirium's still down. Hoos fault is that?

It's HUSS and Paramount's fault, HUSS makes giant versions of smaller rides, those giant versions always have heavy amounts of downtime,look at The Crypt and Delirium (Does MaXair have as much downtime as its clone?), Paramount was just stupid enough to buy both of them.

I doubt Paramount deliberately bought rides that they knew would be prone to downtime. And many people think Paramount was a company of cheap ba******, but I would think that a regular sized Frisbee and, as another member put it, an "off the shelf Suspended TopSpin with some theming here and there" would be cheaper than the giant versions with minor theming. Where else did Paramount spend so much dinero?

But I can see your point, dudecoasterman. But Paramount wanted capacity, not reliability [it seems]. When was the last time Paramount put in a low capacity ride (outside of NU/NC)? 1999 with Invertigo (unless I'm mistaken).

Italian Job is a perfect example to me of where Paramount (while adding a themed ride) destroyed the theme and ambiance of that area of the park as a whole.

I don't think Cedar Fair cares about the general park "feel". Or else, we'd have themed shops on International Street, a retheme or relocation or scrap of Backlot Stunt Coaster, we'd have the ugly box in Rivertown removed, we'd have tons of trees [planted] in Rivertown, we'd have area-specific music, etc. But we all have to face it. The park is becoming overrun by teens these days, and what teenager loves pretty German music?

And really, Vortex ruined Coney Mall, not IJ:ST/BLSC. How does a humongo steel looping coaster fit a classic amusement park?