dream ride/attraction wish list

oysterman

Bat wing (completely identical to Firehawk accept different color) and Night Hawk at Carowinds,

Hey, guess what! Those 2 roller coasters are both Flying Dutchmans! Isn't that something?

And by the way:

*Nighthawk

*Firehawk

*Batwing

It's called a "lay down" coaster.

In Roller Coaster Tycoon.

• Like 1

I said this once, and I am going to say it again. A new hydro-coaster in the Soak City area, a name like hurricane run sounds fitting, with blue/white slide colors, something like the Great Wolf Lodge hydro-pump ride.

The cost of Flight of Fear was about $15-17 million. Theming, maybe $7 million? 10 for the coaster and research and general construction (give or take a few million).

http://www.KICentral.../flightfear.php

You see, I consider Flight of Fear a near-Disney quality experience. With just a few updates (like on-board audio and such), it'd be on par with Rock 'n Rollercoaster. Good theming doesn't always entail massive amounts of detail. It really depends on the theme.

My main beef with it is that it doesn't fit in with the surrounding area but regardless, it's still a well done attraction with a clear story from the moment you enter (well, unless they've changed it since I was last there in 2004).

EDIT: And back to what this thread is about, I would never want anyone to build something by Adventure Express ever again unless they are willing to put in foliage (and don't get me started on Diamondback's pond concrete pool!). IMO, Son of Beast, Drop Tower, and Flight of Fear completely axed Adventure Express' atmosphere, and it always kills me to see those rides when I ride (or marathon) Adventure Express. It's like if Paramount painted the Eiffel Tower neon orange.

Yeah, that ride requires being secluded. It would be like building a wooden coaster next to Jungle Cruise.

That said, would Kings Island spend $100+ million on a highly-themed, technologically heavy attraction such as RSR or Transformers? No. Would they spend $15-$20 million on a more modestly-themed, standard coaster/attraction like Mystery Mine or Verbolten? Most likely.

You really don't need to spend Disney-amounts of money to get a Disney quality experience.

First of all, Verbolten is rumored to cost over $50 million to make, which is more then Universal's Mummy coaster, which was $40 million (so it can't really be lumped in with the standard coaster/attraction category). I think Kings Island could build a similar attraction for even less, especially if they replicated it at a couple of their parks.

I also think they could get a Transformers attraction at a reasonable price. That ride is priced ridiculously high because it includes the costs of licensing the popular franchise, hiring the actual movie's director Michael Bay (who has a high director's fee), bringing back the original voice actors and most importantly, using ILM for the animated scenes (the company who does the movies visual effects, to which the complex transformers models are said to take DAYS to render due to all the detail). The ride system is also unusual by the fact that it utilizes a second floor for capacity, something not even Spider-Man does. Now take into consideration Busch Garden's Curse of DarKastle, which instead of costing $100 million, is said to cost around $20 million (i.e. equal to Tomb Raider). This is due to no licensing costs, and utilizing simpler animation with an in-house director. I consider Curse of DarKastle's biggest problem not the theming or visuals, but the story and bad writing.

I keep using this all the time but look at what Warner Bros. Movie World built for $18 million:

. It's no Splash Mountain but it's still an amazing log fume ride that any park should be happy with.

I think it's very possible to get a near-Disney quality experience at a reasonable price. It's just whether or not Cedar Fair wants to try new things (let's hope Matt does).

Italian Job is a perfect example to me of where Paramount (while adding a themed ride) destroyed the theme and ambiance of that area of the park as a whole.

They really did with that one. The ride was just cheap as hell to make and it really showed. The vibrating chairs and fishtailing effects never worked. Between a coaster wrecking the antique cars and a coaster wrecking the pond next to them, the whole relaxing atmosphere of that area is gone.

Now for my attractions wish list:

Replacement for Tomb Raider utilizing existing structure (providing the show building is big enough)

- Sally Corp dark ride in the same vein as

, except instead of an Egytian expedition theme it's a jungle expedition theme. They can utilize the queue as it is and in the pre-show room where you used to watch a video, they can have the 1920s explorer animatronic explain your mission (I always thought the theming in the queue was Disney-quality and an animatronic pre-show would only exemplify that). This could use the same path and premise as
, only they would tweek the theme here and there to fit the location. My idea is that by re-using the existing queue and the show building, in addition to utilizing Sally (who is a fairly budget friendly dark ride manufacture), that we'd get a pretty great dark ride and not be breaking the bank in the process.

- Another idea would be to use the same theme as above, but instead of a Sally Corp dark ride, we'd be getting a Curse of DarKastle dark ride once again themed to a 1920 jungle exploration. Hopefully due to the nature of this ride, we'd a something a little closer to the Indiana Jones attraction in feel. If they want, they can call up Sally for a pre-show animatronic.

- My last idea, but not my favorite, would be to put in a themed indoor mouse coaster, set to the same theme as above. For all 3 of my ideas, I'd really love it if they'd plant some trees around the show building to hide it. All you really have to do is build a hill close to the walkways and plant trees (or bamboo, this stuff works great) on top of them. This is what Disney does to hide things. I'd also like to see them re-theme Rivertown to something similar to The Golden Kingdom but I can see a lot of purists crying fowl with that one so I'll leave it alone.

If they go with the interactive Sally dark ride in the Tomb Raider building, then I'd love to see them add a DarKastle-type ride somewhere else in the park. Hopefully they would pick a theme appropriate to the area (something I'd wish they'd do is make sure every area has a discernible theme, like Disneyland, since that is the original park's layout ).

Providing Kings Island adds a new interactive dark ride in the old Tomb Raider building, I'd then have them bring back Phantom Manor in an updated form, possibly extending it to use the rest of the building. The Scooby-Doo ride becomes kind of pointless if they have a new interactive dark ride and I never really like the guns being on the doombuggy cars. It just doesn't work that well.

Well, that's my wish list...something I never expect to happen lol