New Ride Pieces Showing Up At KI?

mccarthysnerd

I believe what you are seeing is the area where they set off the fireworks, it's been there for years.

Or at least that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head, that I've seen over there. That would be cool if it was parts for a new ride though!

I believe what you are seeing is the area where they set off the fireworks, it's been there for years.

Or at least that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head, that I've seen over there. That would be cool if it was parts for a new ride though!

I can confirm this after riding WindSeeker today. There aren't any new coaster pieces showing up back there, unfortunately.

Over behind The Racers station, there appears to be some sort of crates and barrels of some sort. i don't know if this is just some sort of theming element. i do remember that SOB had some crates in front of its entrance. Also i think SOB cold easily re-open if they gave it steel-tubular tracks like the texas giant and six flags recieved.

Are you sure what you saw wasn't just trains? I was there Saturday (or Sunday? the days blend together at this point) and I along with Ms. kingsrattler looked all around the area, and all we saw were what looks to be trains to SOB, and a few picnic tables out in the woods.

On another note though, I did find it interesting that the two "telescopes" on Eiffel Tower facing the SOB/DA were covered up. I don't find my way up the tower that often, because usually by the time I get to it, we are ready to go home, so does anyone know how long these have been like that? They are probably legitimately broke, but hey, whats wrong with a little speculation ;)

Possibly. I noticed whatever-it-was right before the ride carriage began lowering, so I only got one quick glance. However, the color scheme of SOB's trains does match the color scheme of the thing out in the woods.

It does seem a bit odd that two of the Eiffel Tower's binoculars are covered up.

I thought the remaining pieces for Ghoster Coaster and KC were scrapped around the same time as the steel frame of SoB's loop.

I believe you are correct. Even Google Maps satellite image shows all the track is gone, and I believe the imagery is usually a few years old.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Kings+Island+Dr,+Mason,+OH+45040&hl=en&ll=39.341264,-84.261242&spn=0.003348,0.00655&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.455479,107.314453&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=18