What to expect from cedar points crowds the next 2 days?

Just curious if i should expect a mosh pit or short wait times and walk ons the next 2 days. I went 2 days last year in late July and it was decent one day and packed the second. I based my vacation for August this year because someone had a trip report from August last year in which he was able to walk on Maverick and top thrill dragster with no wait. Originally I was going Tuesday and Wednesday but since my one and only trip to Kings Island this year happen to fall on math and science day, I checked the event calendar and some nascar festival is going on. So no events, and 2 days in August that are work days, I'm really hoping for less traffic! Anyone got any insight?

Expect the mosh pit and pray for a light day. It's August, so everyone (including the locals and us semi-locals) is cramming in as many visits as they can before school starts in a couple weeks. August is certainly very, very busy, and CP has been absolutely crammed all season-long.

There's no predictable light day in July or August like there is in the earlier part of the season.

The good news is that everything is up and running. :)

I'll make the most of it. Can't imagine monday will be too bad with it being a work day and no events. Vacation season is practically over too. Definitely learned the hard way on events. I went to Kings Island one time this year hoping to hop on everything with no wait and it looked promising considering regular season hadn't started yet and ride reports were saying the park was dead. I saw it was "Math and science day" but blew it off... Big mistake. The lot was mostly empty... Except for the 200 school busses!!! Everything was packed and I've been to Kings Island so many times I can't really enjoy it when it's packed. It's hard to wait 45 minutes for something that you've already rode 450 times in 2 years! So this time we had our vacation booked for the 16th and 17th and i had a sudden urge to check the event calendar and wouldn't ya know it? A 3 day nascar festival was on the dates we are going! So I changed the reservations to the 14th and 15th. Either way I should still have a great time. I haven't been to Cedar Point 1,527 times in the past 4 years like Kings Island in fact it's only my 3rd trip in 16 years so ill enjoy the rides wait or not. I have an android smart phone too so I won't be bored waiting Angry birds ftw! Also staying at Castaway bay so I'll go enjoy the water park if i get too sick of waiting in line or if it rains too much

That's weird, someone had a ride report from last year about this same time and the park was dead. Also I've been told Cedar Points peak season is July so i based my trip primarily on those 2 things. I do have ert my second day so that should help but seriously is Cedar Point ever not busy then? Rains in the forecast both days will that help?

If rain is in the forecast, that may reduce the lines somewhat. When I went for the first time back in June, there was rain in the forecast every day, and I had some very short waits (think 15 minutes on Millie and 20 minutes on TTD). From what I understand, I was there at typically one of the slowest times of the summer to begin with, so that may be part of the cause of my short waits, but I'm fairly certain that even for mid–late June, those were unusually short waits. (Others with more CP experience may correct me on that point.)

Well too late to back out now either way. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. Oh well if its busy guess I'll just ride the essentials and go back to the water park. It "bring a friend day" for season pass holders. I found out about this from facebook, and I made this thread because the comments were "you're drunk if you wanna go tomorrow, its going to be packed" etc. I did go to Kings Island on a bring a friend day, and it was no busier than normal. Can't imagine the park would be any worse than my second day last year, meaning I'll still be able to easily get on rides such as Magnum and Gemini. I do think this time I'll be passing on the following: Cedar crap mine ride, Mantis, Iron Dragon, Disaster Transport. I'd probably add Mean streak to that list, but I've heard some reports that they did a bit of work on it in the offseason and its a better ride than last year. The rest of the coasters i liked. And my one trip to Kings Island WindSeeker wasn't open yet, so I'll probably hit it up at CP. Is WindSeeker part of the ERT? You'd like to think it would be considering its obviously going to be long waits and breakdowns all day for that ride!

Yeah I'm staying tommorrow through Tuesday at Castaway bay and we're planning on leaving Tuesday morning to head on to PA to see my family. However we won't be arriving till noon tomorrow and as of now it's looking to be rainy all day so I may just save the pass for Tuesday morning instead, enjoy some ert and stay till noon an hit the road. BTW we got a package deal that included 2 nights at Castaway bay, admission to the water park, breakfast for 2 days, and 2 2day passes with ert to Cedar Point for $530

While we're at it, anyone stayed in Castaway Bay? I originally intended on staying at great wolf but my wife got looking into it and found out they don't have half the stuff the Mason oh one has, so she looked into Castaway bay and found that bundle deal. I love gwl how does this compare?