More Vortex Trouble

diamondhawk

Hi! I've been reading forums here for at least a month, so I decided to finally create an account and start posting. :D

Anyway, when I was at the park today I saw that Vortex was closed. I saw an empty train on the lift hill and one about to come into the station. The other train was about to go come in behind the train outside the station.

It reminded me a lot of our previous Vortex trouble. Does this mean Vortex will be closed the rest of the season? I hope not.

Wow Vortex is having a lot of trouble this year. If it keeps up wonder how much long it will be around?

Since your screen name is Vortex...I always chuckle when you comment on Vortex...it's almost like the ride is contributing it's own opinion. Your post should have read "Wow i'm having a lot of trouble this year. If it keeps up wonder how much longer I will be around? ;)

Wow Vortex is having a lot of trouble this year. If it keeps up wonder how much long it will be around?

Since your screen name is Vortex...I always chuckle when you comment on Vortex...it's almost like the ride is contributing it's own opinion. Your post should have read "Wow i'm having a lot of trouble this year. If it keeps up wonder how much longer I will be around? ;)

Haha. Maybe he's one of the Seinfeld types that refers to himself in third person.

What time did you see this? I do know that when the ride is on standby for opening, the trains are stopped on the blocks, so one on the hill, one coming into the station and assuming one in the station.

Just a thought, could be that it was waiting to start up or it was closed for the day. There are times where rides do close for an entire day for maintenance.

The answer could easily be that the new chain is stretching out and needs to be tightened (aka removing a link).

They probably had the golden link stretch out a bit? I was told by two ride operators that there was no such thing as the golden link and if there were it would be greasy. Still, the quickness of their answer ("I assure you there is no 'Golden Link'") makes me wonder if they are protecting some secret. I'll have to ask again.

...and I'll give it a break after that

...but not like a chain break :)