Running when park opens?

MagnumFan

Brownttgr, I think your responses are a little over the top. I find it highly hypocritical you are acting like the rules police, yet in your own signature it states "KI fan since 1979 when mom & dad put paper towels in my shoes to get me on Beast!". If that's not a safety issue, I don't know what is.

Yes it is a safety issue, and safety is certainly more of a priority in 2011 than it was in 1979. What my parents did back then, I would never consider today.

I would also not be foolish enough to actually break a park rule, let alone be told more than once not break the rules, and then be even more foolish to attempt to justify rule breaking on multiple occaisons by making up a story of "discrimination" and "harrassment".

In the past, on occasion, I have had a sweep, or food service worker, or security person yell "WALK!" to all the runners, which usually gets ignored, or followed only for a brief moment.

Take a look at your "facts"-

- disappointment of not seeing your family's faces after riding DB

- calling a park employee "old" (which is most certainly discriminatory)

- already being angry about the wait you had to endure prior to your self- induced encounter with the "old" guard

- actually wishing to physically harm a person for doing their job

- not only complianing to GS but still justifing your rule-breaking here

While you have said you were wrong, why still complain? What are you trying to accomplish? Sure, GS soothed your attempt at justification by apologizing to you and told you it would be handled. That is their job. They most likely went back to the officer, heard his side of the story, listened to the GS representative and his comments on your attitude and demeanor (given your reaction to those disagreeing with you), and praised the guard for doing his job.

I will never understand the "if I'm wrong, you have to be wrong too" mentality by some people. First KI security, and now myself because of something that happened over 30 years ago? Really?

While you have said you were wrong, why still complain? What are you trying to accomplish? Sure, GS soothed your attempt at justification by apologizing to you and told you it would be handled. That is their job. They most likely went back to the officer, heard his side of the story, listened to the GS representative and his comments on your attitude and demeanor (given your reaction to those disagreeing with you), and praised the guard for doing his job.

I will never understand the "if I'm wrong, you have to be wrong too" mentality by some people. First KI security, and now myself because of something that happened over 30 years ago? Really?

I'm sorry if you are not able to understand my point. I thought I had made it abundantly clear, even after admitting in my last few posts that my initial reaction (and the OP itself) was largely a mistake. Others seem to understand by now. Why not you? Maybe you didn't read the entire thread....

I thought I had made it abundantly clear, even after admitting in my last few posts that my initial reaction (and the OP itself) was largely a mistake. Others seem to understand by now. Why not you? Maybe you didn't read the entire thread....

Abundant? Yes, your 9 posts on this subject have been abundent.

Clear? Yes, you clearly made your point in those 9 posts, especially after post 5 of 9:

At the risk of beating a dead horse I'll stop here.

Perhaps you didn't read you own post?

BTW- you seem to accuse many people of not reading your posts, but you don't follow your own suggestion? Intresting....

And from the person who has been here longer than most, and has seen it all:

This is probably in the top ten most ridiculous threads on here to date.

Instead of boring everyone else, perhaps you can just PM me...

Thanks! :)

Instead of boring everyone else, perhaps you can just PM me...

Thanks! :)

Done. Mods, can we close this one now? I've got nothing else to say on the matter, and aside from casting aspersions, nobody has contributed anything meaningful to this thread in quite a while.