Something I felt like mentioning about souvenir cups...

CedarPointer

Really! I didn't know that. Very useful information.

Extremely cool story that has to do with souvenir cups- My friend and I were walking by The Crypt and I was holding her 2009 cup. All of a sudden I dropped it (yes I know I felt terrible) and it fell and there was a huge crack in it. We went to the Rivertown Potato Works and told them what happened.We were expected to buy one when they gave us a brand new WindSeeker cup. I was truely amazed. Thats why I love this park.

(P.S. We had it filled with water. We didn't know you could do anything else with it.)

• Like 1

^ Very cool!

With things like this it's really luck of the draw. Some employees are cool, others may not be. But in general I have noticed much better employee attitude at KI than at CP (my home park). The only real difference between the two is that I suspect much of KI's crew is local, whereas CP employees come from far and wide (and local too), especially since they offer employee housing on-site. Why the locals offer better customer service than the non-locals at CP, I have no idea. Maybe it's those sleepless nights at CP in non-air conditioned dorm rooms, crawling with bed bugs? I know that would make me cranky!

The more I visit different Cedar Fair parks, the less homogeneous they seem to be in terms of their way of operating, and interacting with guests.

Guest PizzaBaby027

Kings Island fills up any souvenir cup, I once had a Kings Knights cup filled up for refill price. Only those who take there jobs so darn serious will deny you from getting non Kings Island cups filled up. At least when I worked I fill up anything lol

DiamondHawk, I did that back when I worked there, I even went so far as when a guest came up with an old Diamondback cup I took that cup and replaced it with the new version, put the old in back for wash. I always loved seeing guests react to a new cup or new design. Kings Island does not like this type of situation but I gotta make my guests smile somehow! :D

They shouldn't be replacing an old cup with a new one... same with refilling a non-KI cup, the $2.12 is a discount for refilling a KI souvenir cup that you paid $10 for, not for refilling the water bottle you got at Dollar Tree. It's not the "people who take their jobs so darn serious" who don't do it, it's the people who don't think the guests should to be able to get away with whatever they want. (I personally can't believe they replace current year's ones... if I bought a water bottle at Walmart and then dropped and broke it, I certainly wouldn't expect them to give me a new one for free!)

Oh, and maybe if you took your job seriously, you would still work there.

• Like 2

I agree with CedarPointer. thats like me going to Kings Island with a Dollywood cup and asking them to refill it. YES, they will fill them up with ice cold water, but not with soda. I take my Camelback waterbottle with me every visit and they have no issues filling it up with water. Next time i am at the park i will personally drop my bottle and then take it to Dicks and ask for a new one. Lets see how far i get with that! :)

• Like 1

I know I have seen Diamondback cups carried around Cedar Point before. Not sure if they are being filled with water or soda though.

Kings Dominion states a lot clearer than Kings Island ever has though, that they ONLY take souvy cups from KD.

Edit: And also, they do not take cups from previous years.

Kings Dominion will have 3 different Souvenir Cups this year to choose from – Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular cup, the All New Black Intimidator 305 cup, and the super-collectable Snoopy Himself cup. All three will be eligible for the Discount Refill program and the Wristband program. Unfortunately cups purchased in previous years ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for any refill program.

I re-filled my diamond back cup at Cedar Point and Kings Dominion with out even being questioned about it... while the girl at Cedar Point was filling it she asked where Kings Island was... but had no hesitation on filling it up...

Random Question.. at CP.. do you have to put souvenier cups in lockers before getting in line for TTD and MF?

Yes. Absolutely nothing can be left in the station on either one because both have separate loading and unloading stations.

that's good to know. the aparatus they sold this year does not fit in the dish washer....

This year's cup clearly says on the top of the lid "HAND WASH ONLY".

• Like 1

I had a question about souvenir cups at my blog the other day. This was my response:

If you have a cup with the words "Kings Island" printed on it, you can get refills just like you would on a new souvenir cup. It doesn’t matter how old the cup is. I have been using my 2009 cup all season.

Ice water refills are free and essential on a hot day. Soft drinks are $1.99. You can even have it filled with Icee for $2.99.

Also, they offer souvenir snack buckets. You can refill these with popcorn or cotton candy for $2.99 each. It’s not uncommon for us to start with cotton candy and refill later with popcorn or vice versa.

I won’t go so far as to say it’s a steal. But for theme park prices (I bought a $4 hot pretzel last week) it’s a really good deal.

That came up every once in a while when I worked there in Food years ago. "You shouldn't be charging me tax! I'm taking the food to go!" And it was invariably a man that would say that to me. I would have to explain to him that even though he may be taking it off our patio area, he is still IN the bigger property of Kings Island. This usually put an end to their argument.

• Like 1