Something I felt like mentioning about souvenir cups...

CedarPointer

I re-filled my diamond back cup at Cedar Point and Kings Dominion with out even being questioned about it... while the girl at Cedar Point was filling it she asked where Kings Island was... but had no hesitation on filling it up...

They probably don't know that they aren't supposed to, or they get tired of arguing with people about it. It really needs to be enforced better, since it is a company policy.

• Like 1

I also feel a little bad using an old cup...but I will say that I feel like an idiot with this year's refill cup. (Which I did purchase.) They look cool hanging up but I don't like carrying them around...they are too tall. I miss the old style cups with the lids like this:

refillcupBeast25th.jpg

I am still using this style of cup at home on a daily basis...it goes everywhere with me EXCEPT the park! The one that I use is totally white now...but it's a great cup. (Universal was still using this style last summer for The Simpson's ride.)

On the plus side...this year's cup is still WAY better than this awful one:

refillcupSonOfBeast.jpg

My favorite cup was the DB 09 cup....easy to carry and looked pretty good. This year, we bought the new blue cup. Meh. It's too long. It was a pain to carry around. It currently resides in my trunk, along with the popcorn tub. I guess they'll stay there until our next trip. I don't understand why they went with the super tall variety this year.

The DB cups broke a LOT more easily than the WS/DA/pink cups, but the WS cups don't actually fit under our drink machines, which is really annoying. I do, however, think it's funny how they don't fit through the order window with the lids on... it's a sign from above, you need to take the lid off! :)

(I think the other CF parks tended to use the bigger cups... the old Maverick and STR cups were taller than the 2011 ones)

I think it would be ok if the souvenir cups were unterchangeable amongst the Cedar Fair parks, even more so than bringing cups you bought 20 years ago, since you probably paid half of what the new ones cost. But, it doesn't matter to me, because I have not bought a souvenir cup since the 1980's and probably won't anytime soon. So, Cedarpointer, if I brought one of those old Yogi Bear cups, or cups with old KI coaster logos that don't exist anymore from the 80's, can I get a refill in those, too?

If it says KI or PKI on it or is recognizable as a KI cup (I suspect if it had a logo/character but no KI logo, the less knowledgeable among us might not know it's a KI cup...), it can be refilled. Also anything is refillable with ice water (ice as long as they don't need to touch the scoop to the cup to get it in, anything with a wide opening should be fine).

during a late night when i was with my friend at KI i went to get a refil in my WindSeeker cup and i accidentely walked away without paying and none of them said anything and when i got to my friend i was like "oh my god i forgot to pay them" but i guess it was their fault because they were to busy talking and screwing around

I think I should point out, if you don't like the newer tall style of cup, PLEASE let GR know. They're not going to change them back if nobody complains. Also, please know that the food employees aren't exactly huge fans of them either, so we don't need to hear about why you don't like them... we agree with you but can't really tell you that. They don't fit under the drink machines, so we need to hold them at an angle instead of putting them down as they fill, which also means they overflow and get our hands sticky.

• 1 year later...

Hate to rehash an Old topic, I have just been informed Via Email that old souvenir cups will not be allowed to be refilled this year. Cups are 13.99 at the Park, 9.99 if you buy them online and u get free refills the day you buy it and .99 cent refills til the end of the season... Once again, Greed..

^ They're now in the Accesso store along with tickets and season passes. Of course, remember that the "processing fee" applies to every online order, so you don't want to order just one online. (The fee is up to $5.99, from $5 last year.)

EDIT: Where he said.

I`d venture to say that most of that "processing fee" finds its way into Cedar Fair`s hands. I`m sure whatever company/software they use gets at least a cut of the processing fee. It really is ridiculous.

And Kings Island isn`t the only venue that does this. Have you bought concert tickets lately? The cost of the Ticketmaster/Live Nation processing fees can be well north of $10, sometimes close to $20 a ticket! So that $35 ticket may end up being close to $60 by the time you add in all the fees and taxes! Such a racket.

• Like 1

I think its pretty crappy of them to advertise "save $3.00 when you purchase online", when in reality it is cheaper at the park, due to the processing fee. I guess it depends on how many you buy, but what's with the 5.99 processing fee?!

Keep in mind that a lot of people are buying tickets online and therefore would be paying the processing fee anyway.

Having completely re-designed my company`s website, we specifically built the site not using Flash, since all Apple mobile products do not support flash, and even Android phones are starting to abandon Flash. There are other options out there that can achieve similar things without the need for flash. And those other options work on a wider variety of platforms, including mobile devices.