DA at Cedar Point in 2012

I loved Paddlewheel Excursions. My favorite part of the ride was removed a few years ago to make room for Shoot the Rapids( Attendant to Trapper: How's the price of furs? Trapper: The price of furs is just fine but them Canfields and Mcghees is spookin by game.) It was just such a nice and relaxing break from the hussle and bussle of the coasters. I am disappointed at its removal but I guess it is what it is.

I think that this will be good for Cedar Point but i also have a few concerns, 1. this will mean that ours will be less of an experience because it wont be as rare. 2. I really think that this should have gone to a park with less to offer like WoF or MIA or maybe even Carowinds. 3. like the last concern couldnt it have gone to a different park thats farther away.

As said, i will really miss PA, it was a unique ride, but Cedar Point has over the years removed older attractions to bring in newer ones. DA seems to have been a good success at KI, and Cedar Point being in an area where there are a lot of vacationers, with numerous things to do on the Lake, i think that it should be able to succeed as well. Just because there are two dino attractions only a couple hours apart, I don't think it will cause any more competition then is already there.

Perhaps those dozens of country-themed animatronics positioned around the waterway will be replanted near Shoot The Rapids... Lord knows it could use a prop or two... And the whole "feuding hillbillies" story might actually come to light if there's some drunk men with pop guns shooting at each-other over your heads.

Perhaps those dozens of country-themed animatronics positioned around the waterway will be replanted near Shoot The Rapids... Lord knows it could use a prop or two... And the whole "feuding hillbillies" story might actually come to light if there's some drunk men with pop guns shooting at each-other over your heads.

I think that is an excellant idea.

Very little increase in overall revenue here. The few suckers that pay for this will simply take money that they would have spent on cotton candy or games and use it to see the Dinos!

Use it to see the Dinos that Cedar Point will make money off of. Also, there seems to be plenty of "suckers" out at King Island who clearly were "suckered" enough into the attraction making enough money that they're expanding it to another park now. Clearly, it's a very little increase in overall revenue.

They should've just built a Voyage clone.

From the desk of Screamscape:

icon_STOP.gifPark News - (8/29/11) Wow… while I knew the enthusiast community was quite upset about Cedar Point adding Dinosaurs Alive and removing the Paddlewheel Excursion to do it, the public outcry on Cedar Point’s Facebook page is surely a shocking slap in the face to the park itself as well. Just look at the official page under the post about having a Last Ride Auction on the Paddlewheeler to benefit the Red Cross and you’ll find several hundred angry posts there. Yep, even the general public is very angry and upset over both the idea of a lame Dino-ma-tronic Upcharge attraction coming to the park as well that Cedar Point is planning on erasing a major piece of CP History for it. Cedar Point… the people have spoken.

Now, I will admit that there may be a very good reason to close the Paddlewheels… not just the maintenance costs for an attraction like this, but fuel costs as well have gone sky high for everyone. If you need to make the Paddlewheel Excursion an upcharge attraction just to help cover your cost of running the ride, I’m sure people would understand this move as well. Just a thought…

So far there are 487 comments discussing the removal of Paddlewheel Excursion, a very large portion of them negative. Here I thought Busch Gardens got a ton of flak after the removal of Big Bad Wolf (or even our very own park for the combination of our DA! and the delayed opening of WindSeeker), but that was nothing compared to what's going on with the Point. Maybe it's because they're not making way for a new coaster to go on Millennium Island...

After a few years or so people arent going to want to come back every year to see it. Expecially if they have to pay. Its going to be old news after a while and the crowds will die down to it just like any other attraction. The only different with rides is they are fun and never get boring. This will.

I think it's as much a matter of the cost to operate Paddlewheel as it is access to "Adventure Island."

It's a great ride, true, and if it CAN reasonably stay, I think it should. Why not have "Adventure Island" contain TWO attractions - Dinosaurs Alive! and the Paddlewheel Excursions. Then, for a $5.00 charge (heck, even $6.00), you can cross the bridge and gain access to the two. That way, the boats can run on a more limited schedule (maybe one trip each half hour) and but still make some kind of revenue. I don't know...

If the ride DOES close, I simply beg that the animatronic figures be repositioned around Shoot The Rapids. I'm not asking for a detailed storyline, just some fun animatronics shooting back and forth over your heads, some animated props, etc. It'd be a real shame to just scrap those animatronics when they perfectly match the nearby water ride. (Even if they are moved to Shoot the Rapids, I should make it clear that I won't ride that thing until those literal hoses are shut off at the bottom of drop two. They're painful, forceful, and unnecessary. Cedar Point already has two "soak you to the bone" rides with Snake River Falls and Thunder Canyon. Why not a mist-you-off and cool-you-down log flume?)

Very little increase in overall revenue here. The few suckers that pay for this will simply take money that they would have spent on cotton candy or games and use it to see the Dinos!

Use it to see the Dinos that Cedar Point will make money off of. Also, there seems to be plenty of "suckers" out at King Island who clearly were "suckered" enough into the attraction making enough money that they're expanding it to another park now. Clearly, it's a very little increase in overall revenue.

They should've just built a Voyage clone.

What? The only thing that makes any sense in your post is that you believe that CP or KI (your post is so poorly written that I can't tell which park you are referring to) should have, at some point in the past, built a Voyage clone. I honestly have no idea what in the heck you are talking about.