Python "Complaint"

Cpt Crunch

Before I ramble on, I just went to Coney Island today, and the Python is a really fun coaster, and packs a punch for its size. And if you hate reading complaints, please click off this topic. But I do have a complaint (wait, what will a complaint do? I don't know, just feeling like expressing my feelings ;) )

Anyways, on about my fourth ride I decided to put my hands up on the first drop, which wasn't the best idea. I ending up going forward and on the trim my back was nailed against the back of the seat, and it knocked the wind out of me. My chest and back still kind of hurt right now.

What I suggest is they put seat belts on the ride, not to ensure safety, but just to make sure dummies like me don't hurt their back.

Or, at least put a sign that says "WARNING: MAY CAUSE BACK PROBLEMS" :P

Has anyone else "hurt their back" like I did?

• Like 1

I have not had any such experience on the Python. But how exactly will adding a seat belt have prevented you from slamming against the back the car? Its not like the seat belt would have prevented you from raising your hands up. And the first drop on the Python does pack quite a little punch, especially for a coaster the size that it is...

I have not had any such experience on the Python. But how exactly will adding a seat belt have prevented you from slamming against the back the car? Its not like the seat belt would have prevented you from raising your hands up. And the first drop on the Python does pack quite a little punch, especially for a coaster the size that it is...

But without the seat belt, you move around the car a lot more, if there was a seat belt, I would stay in one place, and not slam against the back.

**EDIT** As a general rule, we do NOT allow linking or posting of on ride videos on KIC, as it is generally against park rules. **EDIT**

Edited by CoastersRZ
Removed linked video

Had the same experience but wasn't bad enough to provide pain. It just hurt a little and then by the next drop it was gone. Seeing as the park probably won't see this... just don't ride in the front of the second car (cause you can't have the very back ;)

That's...the exact seat I sat in.

That first drop is abrupt-and I cannot ride python any longer. Seat belts exacerbate this issue on all coasters because it doesn't allow for natural shock absorbing in my opinion. I do not hold my hands up on any coaster except Diamondback due to this issue. I won't be riding some coasters much longer-but if they could find a way to smooth out the first drop it would be ok. Til then, count me out permanently.

Before I ramble on, I just went to Coney Island today, and the Python is a really fun coaster, and packs a punch for its size. And if you hate reading complaints, please click off this topic. But I do have a complaint (wait, what will a complaint do? I don't know, just feeling like expressing my feelings ;) )

Anyways, on about my fourth ride I decided to put my hands up on the first drop, which wasn't the best idea. I ending up going forward and on the trim my back was nailed against the back of the seat, and it knocked the wind out of me. My chest and back still kind of hurt right now.

What I suggest is they put seat belts on the ride, not to ensure safety, but just to make sure dummies like me don't hurt their back.

Or, at least put a sign that says "WARNING: MAY CAUSE BACK PROBLEMS" :P

Has anyone else "hurt their back" like I did?

I agree, you cannot put your arms up on that first drop.

You definitely have to hang on to the car with a good grip.

One more complaint is the ride jolts severely when the brakes are applied.

pilotank

For some reason this reminds me of Wildcat at Cedar Point. The first time I rode it, my back hurt but not to a point where I'd say anything. From then on, I made sure I held on with at least one arm to push my self back into the seat, to lessen the chance of my back slamming on the seat.

All of the signs for the rides clearly state that if you have any bone sensitivities, riding isn't recommended. So, its your fault you didn't read the warning on the sign.

Whats with all of the new members coming on and being a tad rude?

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, the "back row" as it runs now is actually not the true back row.  The trains originally could sit eight people, two rows of two in each car with two cars.  As long as I have been at the park (since 2002), we have not loaded the back row of the train.  There is now a fiberglass panel covering the back row from view.