Carowinds to get Windseeker in 2012

WHY does the logo and name have to be the same as all the other parks.

I don't mind so much having the same ride, but WHY do they have to be the SAME EXACT THING!

I agree, although the Knott's version's redesigned look to fit with the Fiesta Village theme works pretty well:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/08/Knott%27s_WindSeeker_Sign.jpg/401px-Knott%27s_WindSeeker_Sign.jpg

Hopefully, by next year the spectacular new attraction will actually open with the park.

Then again, how long has BGW's new Drop Tower been open? At least they did get it open before Labor Day! Barely.

^

at least it doesn't involve turns that fly...

And no manufacturers were sued (that we know of), although one manufacturer tried to sue... http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20100821/2117/cedar-point-faces-lawsuit-over-planned-2011-stratosoar-attraction

Kitty Hawk. The Birthplace of Aviation. (don't tell Dayton).

Without conception there could not have been a birth, and without development there would not have been maturity. That's 2 to 1 in my book, I could go on and make it like 20 to 1. Just because 2 men wanted to go to the beach instead of staying in a valley.......ugh, I go away for 2 months and this is what I come home to!!

• Like 1

I think WindSeeker is a great development. A ride that so significantly changes the skyline of any park, especially at night, creates visual interest and off-season buzz...all for only $5 million...I would wager that Cedar Fair is verrrrrry happy with WindSeeker. It's ridiculously high, but it's family friendly. There really aren't many 300' rides that are so stable and so accessible.

No, it's not the most thrilling ride ever (except for those afraid of heights!)

Yes, the first four had some technical difficulties at open, but as far as I know, they've been running almost continuously ever since the initial construction kinks were worked out. The only closures have been for wind, which is of course the height of irony.

For what it's worth, after only having been relocated from Geauga Lake for 2009 season, Kings Dominion's "El Dorado" flat ride is for sale. The curious thing is not only that it's only been at the park for 2 years, but that it is located directly at the far end of their Grove section, which is essentially their version of Coney Mall. In other words, it's almost exactly where our WindSeeker is if you superimpose the two areas on top of each other.

Clearing out El Dorado would open up the entire plaza at the end of the long mall. That plaza is where Hypersonic SLC used to be, and has been very obviously empty ever since it left. Even after El Dorado and Americana from Geauga Lake were put in, it still looks very off. Turning the entire plaza into a nice base around a WindSeeker would look pretty great... Just sayin'!

http://www.screamsca...gs_dominion.htm

• Like 1

For what it's worth, after only having been relocated from Geauga Lake for 2009 season, Kings Dominion's "El Dorado" flat ride is for sale. The curious thing is not only that it's only been at the park for 2 years, but that it is located directly at the far end of their Grove section, which is essentially their version of Coney Mall. In other words, it's almost exactly where our WindSeeker is if you superimpose the two areas on top of each other.

Clearing out El Dorado would open up the entire plaza at the end of the long mall. That plaza is where Hypersonic SLC used to be, and has been very obviously empty ever since it left. Even after El Dorado and Americana from Geauga Lake were put in, it still looks very off. Turning the entire plaza into a nice base around a WindSeeker would look pretty great... Just sayin'!

http://www.screamsca...gs_dominion.htm

......The Fair ought to give us El Dorado. That looks like a neat ride. Only question is where to put it.

• Like 1

I could see Kings Dominion getting a WindSeeker. I don't know if I'd like it to be back where El Dorado is. It'd be great to see it toward the front of the park.

But if you were with me on the opening weekend trip, we discovered a failed attempt at WindSeeker. See the picture I took below! :rolleyes:

207321_1962970719954_1413420058_32306515_6388462_n.jpg