Dollywood 2012

^

I meant they either need to FIX their "Bad" one (Mean Streak), or build something new like a GCI, Intamin, or Gravity Group wooden coaster. A Wing-Rider wouldn't be a bad choice, but it would still leave that gaping hole in Cedar Point's coaster lineup. They are located in a region where coasters like Beast, Voyage, Thunderhead, and numerous other world-class wooden coasters reside and yet all they have is a fun, but small out and back wooden coaster and a lumbering, over-rough (though it seems to have improved with the recent re-tracking) giant.

And to Dollywood's advantage: Cedar Point does have the beach, but a Wing Rider running through the woods, as seen here, is something they cannot duplicate. As for this being "the best coaster ever", it has a legit shot, but it must go through some serious competition to win that title: Millennium Force, Bizarro, El Toro, X2, The Voyage, our own Diamondback and Beast, and MANY others are not exactly "chumps" that will go down without a fight.

And finally, I too am dissapointed with no POV. :(

I think Blue Streak is more than just a small but fun ride-I think it is one of the most under-rated wooden coasters-it may be small but it is scrappy. And it is hard to beat the airtime.

• Like 2

^

Blue Streak, while I have never been on, is actually probably a good ride...personally, maybe its just me, but I do want a new wooden coaster at Cedar Point. The ratio is terrible: 15 steel coasters to just TWO woodies? Plus, the idea of a wooden twister coaster at CP is just too good to NOT consider.

Of course, there is another park I'd like to see get a wooden coaster: Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Seriously, they have zero when it comes to wooden coasters. Yet they have some great terrain, and a beautiful location, and with their reputation for theming...(begins to daydream about a fictional wooden terrain coaster at BGW)...

That is so stupid. They are in a theme park! Theme parks build to make money. This coaster is going to bring a heck of a lot more guests in than that zipline ever will.

Also, if I am not mistaken, the zipline goes right over a couple other Dollywood attractions. Better sue them because those attractions distract from the zipline experience as well.

*Facepalm*

I kind of thought the same thing... It's what a little over half as long as Diamondback?

EDIT: Ok I went and looked at the numbers at 3100 ft, its closet comparison would be Firehawk, at 3300 feet. So I guess its not that bad, considering a new design, and will seem pretty large at dollywood (thunderhead is 3200 ft.)

I think it does look a little short, but it'll be interesting to see how it's moving when it approaches the brake run. Seems like it does a LOT of large elements in its short time, so it may very well be pooped by the end. Still looks like it'll be a fun one, and I think that's what Dollywood is about moreso than white knuckle thrills and stretching the human limits. :P

The ride goes 60mph, so, wow, this will be a fast ride, won't it? I bet someone could do some math to find out exactly how long the ride is (the duration on the statistics is obviously including the lift hill and possibly even the brake run). Going 60mph on a 3,100 foot long coaster = a short duration.

The ride goes 60mph, so, wow, this will be a fast ride, won't it? I bet someone could do some math to find out exactly how long the ride is (the duration on the statistics is obviously including the lift hill and possibly even the brake run). Going 60mph on a 3,100 foot long coaster = a short duration.

It's a little more complicated than that... If 60mph is the average speed of the ride, then convert 3100 feet to miles (0.587 miles, for the record) and divide 0.587mi by 60mph. Under these circumstances, the ride will last approximately 0.009783 hours, or about half a minute.

Obviously, that's unrealistic. Therefore, 60mph is likely the ride's max speed. If you wanted to get anywhere precise, you'd need to know (or at least be able to guesstimate) the height of each element and then break out the calculus. That still wouldn't be perfect (since you'd still need to account for friction and the momentum of a multi-car train), but it'd be a lot more accurate.

While we don't know for sure what all the Eagle will contain as far as theme goes. But I hope it has some type of structure to fly through like on X Flight..

At :40 and :46.

Those are definite head choppers there!

Dollywood has stated that there with not be any additional on-ride theming besides the trains during a construction tour given the day after the announcement. They did say that they have big plans for the queue though. I think the view from this ride will be more then enough theming!

Maybe that's for the best. Thus far, all the Wing Riders have really played up the interaction thing and had numerous head-choppers and near-misses. The fact that this particular Wing Rider has skipped that in favor of a sensation of flight is nice, because it means the concept won't become gimmicky and tired with every single one passing vertically through a watchtower / tree / broken fencing / etc.

I think this ride looks really cool and this gives me one more reason to finally give in and make a trip to Dollywood. I'm just disappointed that there isn't any ride animation on the site. Most every time something new goes in at a park, there's always 2-3 videos to give you an idea of what it will be like.

I hear the entertainment is excellent as well. How's the food there? Anything that is can't miss?

I think this ride looks really cool and this gives me one more reason to finally give in and make a trip to Dollywood. I'm just disappointed that there isn't any ride animation on the site. Most every time something new goes in at a park, there's always 2-3 videos to give you an idea of what it will be like.

I hear the entertainment is excellent as well. How's the food there? Anything that is can't miss?

Dollywood is great for an independent park. The food is really good across the board. All the rides and areas are very well themed. Anything that's "can't miss"? All the smoking areas! :lol: Seriously, get a park map and look for the smoking area markers. I've never been to a park with so many smokers, geez... they're around every turn. Park behind the Old Mill Restaurant and take the trolley to Dollywood. It's much less of a headache than trying to park there, and last time we went it was around a buck.