Does it bug anyone else?

KIfan73

Does anyone else dislike the fact that the park is now closed? Even though I wouldn't necessarily visit today, for some reason, I always like it when I know Kings Island is open. This is the first day it's been closed since mid-May. Kind of a bummer...

Oh yeah, the freezing weather goes without mentioning...

I still would like to see KI to a very low key winter/holiday event...just open the shops, starbucks, maybe put a show in Festhaus...nothing extravagant, just a way to visit the park during the offseason.

CP has more of a college base for employees, where as Kings Island is more high school based. High school usually starts a week or two (or more) before college does, so yes, it basically has to do with school schedules, probably along with CP being more of a destination park.

Their big marketing push this week is for folks from Michigan. The little advertisement even mentions "with most Ohio kids back in school, there's no better time to visit," and specifically mentions "less competition for a seat on Maverick or a hug from Snoopy." I'd really love to see the competition for a hug from Snoopy - must be a blood bath!

• Like 1

Their big marketing push this week is for folks from Michigan. The little advertisement even mentions "with most Ohio kids back in school, there's no better time to visit," and specifically mentions "less competition for a seat on Maverick or a hug from Snoopy." I'd really love to see the competition for a hug from Snoopy - must be a blood bath!

We were in Detroit for Mrs. Gator's family reunion on August 20th, and I was talking to a few of her uncles about school start dates. GatorGirl had started on August 16th, and they were telling me something about a law in Michigan that either is in effect or that a group is trying to pass that schools are not to start until after Labor Day.

I'd really love to see the competition for a hug from Snoopy - must be a blood bath!

Sometimes there is a five to six kid wait! They are thinking about Fast Lane for snoopy.

Does not Bug me!! Ill be at Cedar Point all day tomorrow and thursday!! poss friday depends on if im tired!! reminder Plat pass rides night is thursday Ert after park close is Raptor and WindSeeker!!!

I will also be there on Thursday.

I'd really love to see the competition for a hug from Snoopy - must be a blood bath!

Sometimes there is a five to six kid wait! They are thinking about Fast Lane for snoopy.

Does not Bug me!! Ill be at Cedar Point all day tomorrow and thursday!! poss friday depends on if im tired!! reminder Plat pass rides night is thursday Ert after park close is Raptor and WindSeeker!!!

I will also be there on Thursday.

Disney does have a fast pass for Mickey Mouse, so not unprecedented.

We were in Detroit for Mrs. Gator's family reunion on August 20th, and I was talking to a few of her uncles about school start dates. GatorGirl had started on August 16th, and they were telling me something about a law in Michigan that either is in effect or that a group is trying to pass that schools are not to start until after Labor Day.

Correct. According to this article on the Michigan government website, state law since late 2005 has been that schools cannot start until after Labor Day. Also, Ohio is considering a similar measure; see this story from the Dayton Daily News.

^It wouldn't make much sense for the park to only open 4 hours.

Well, on Sept 9th, CP is open 6-10. That's where I got the idea. Also, I posted on KI's FB page today on the topic if we wish we were there this week, I suggested 4-9 for 5 hours. They used to have Friday nights where it was open for 5 hours in the evening. It could be done.

Daughters school started a bit later than normal this year July 25. We LOVE the spread-out schedule, instead of a very long summer we get to a long Fall break and extra 2 weeks on winter break and spring break. The school achievement scores have been remarkable and has earned national recognition.

Several years back I wondered how long it would take for other school districts to change to present times instead of following a century old school scheduled that was designed for life when the children did not have summer break but got out during the summer to help work around the farm. Since then many area township school districts have started earlier with a variation to the alternative schedule too. Just this year The Indianapolis Public Schools started this year to make the switch as well but they go nine weeks then break to include the whole week of Thanksgiving off. They have programs for children who fall behind during those break times and if those who want to stay in school during the break there is special activity opportunities for them. So instead of getting 12-13 weeks in the summer they get 8 weeks off with those extra weeks spread throughout the year. Most who go through it a year love the change, but like everything else change is hard.

Honestly I think it should be what is best for the children ad I know many say they must have social skills too which is funny as they go the same number of days. It works for us as we like to spread our family travel throughout the year. It seems as the more school districts look at the advantages of the schedule they gravitate to it like a snowball going down hill. Here in Indiana that snowball is huge and the momentum of it is at almost full speed ahead.

Seasonal destinations are against it for obvious reasons but they will adapt over time and often times they can see how this can work to their advantage. Such as Camps could be used more as a year round opportunity and not just for summer camps and so on.

• 2 weeks later...