Comparison Between Soak City and Options B and C

BoddaH1994

Coney Island passes are really 90 dollars? Thats insane.

Yeah. Last year we were on the fence about renewing or getting Coney passes. Coney is much, much closer to our house. So we went to the kids' Halloween activities for KI and Coney. We decided that in spite of the longer drive, KI was cheaper and had more to offer.

This year, there's no doubt we're renewing.

I'd go as far as saying that $69.99 is almost too cheap...

You know they'd never be able to get away with that. The same people who are outraged at food and drink prices now would be outraged if they made gold passes $99 so they could lower the food and drink prices. They can't win.

You are right, the park can't win - someone will always be unhappy - just look at the Soak City thread :)

Also recognize though, that some of us are only sharing our opinion on a very tough topic and think that it would be in the best interest of the park that we consider "ours" to price things differently. For me, the issue that the park is facing is self inflicted to a certain degree - going to $99 would seem like a huge increase and would generate negative reactions, but only because KI has devalued the pass by offering this deal the last couple of years. Wasn't it renewals only for 4 days the first year? Now it is all Gold Passes for almost 2 months.

Maybe it's working - KI seems to be doing well, but I fear for where it goes from here. In a prior thread, I noted how I'd paid less and less for a Gold Pass over the past 5 years - is that a sustainable model?

• 7 months later...

Yes, I know I'm responding to old posts here...

I'd go as far as saying that $69.99 is almost too cheap...

You know they'd never be able to get away with that. The same people who are outraged at food and drink prices now would be outraged if they made gold passes $99 so they could lower the food and drink prices. They can't win.

Not necessarily. I hate the current food/drink prices to the point where I flatly refused to eat in the park at all last year. If they bring those prices down to a reasonable level, I would HAPPILY pay $120 to $130 for a Gold Pass and $220 for a Platinum Pass. Maybe even higher if they were to go HW on us and offer free unlimited soft drinks.

On a more current note:

Did anyone see this picture you will get wet on the new lazy river, I liked the old river it will take some getting use too.

The TUCANS/Birds look neat

I already posted that in the Soak City construction thread in the KIC News forum.

Option B is no more

Indeed it is.