Honda?

Dieseltech20

Honda is having their Honda family day and wellness fair on Saturday. Its been at Cedar Point since 2008, but has moved to Kings Island this year. It's closed to the public, and free meals are provided. It's a great day, and is normally dead!

It was likely moved because of the new Honda plant in Indiana. KI is closer to that plant than CF is.

Guest TombraiderTy

Honda is specifically a sponsor of Dinosaurs Alive! 3D. In fact, if you watch the movie, there is both a spiel and a commercial for Honda before the actual movie starts.

Oldiesmann : No, it wasn't moved for the Indiana plant. This is for Honda of America only which is only a few manufacturing plants in Ohio. They originally said a few years ago on the employee announcement sheet that my dad got, that they planned to rotate it between Cedar Point, Kings Island, and the Columbus convention center, but it hasn't changed till this year. Is Kings Island cheaper to rent out?

If I am right Cedar Point does not close the park to the general public while they have large company outings at their park, while Kings Island does have dates in which the park is closed to the general public for large company outings on select dates. Also I believe some companies are grouped together to get a sell-out for that day.

Honda is specifically a sponsor of Dinosaurs Alive! 3D. In fact, if you watch the movie, there is both a spiel and a commercial for Honda before the actual movie starts.

Well, that ruined me from ever buying a Honda! Not that I would anyway. I've never owned a foreign car before. No reason to start now!

• Like 1

Upon seeing that RaptorGuy was the most recent poster in this thread, I thought to myself: "I wonder if RaptorGuy will somehow find a way of complaining about Kings Island or Honda in an otherwise very cut-and-dry thread?"

To his credit, he did not find a way to complain about Kings Island or Honda.

I don't see how sponsorships are a problem. If it weren't for sponsored attractions, many of Disney's world famous rides would never have made it off the ground. General Motors, Dole Foods, AT&T, M&Ms, Energizer, Eastern Airlines, Monstanto, Siemens AG, Delta Airlines, even General Dynamics (who specialize in U.S defense systems)... We may make fun of the Red Gold posters throughout Kings Island, but The Magic Kingdom had a ride called Delta Dreamflight for the better part of a decade...

Upon seeing that RaptorGuy was the most recent poster in this thread, I thought to myself: "I wonder if RaptorGuy will somehow find a way of complaining about Kings Island or Honda in an otherwise very cut-and-dry thread?"

To his credit, he did not find a way to complain about Kings Island or Honda.

I don't see how sponsorships are a problem. If it weren't for sponsored attractions, many of Disney's world famous rides would never have made it off the ground. General Motors, Dole Foods, AT&T, M&Ms, Energizer, Eastern Airlines, Monstanto, Siemens AG, Delta Airlines, even General Dynamics (who specialize in U.S defense systems)... We may make fun of the Red Gold posters throughout Kings Island, but The Magic Kingdom had a ride called Delta Dreamflight for the better part of a decade...

Hey! Dreamflight was one of my favorite rides growing up! Along with GE's Horizons and AT&T's Judi Dench-less Spaceship Earth. :P

PREMiERdrum, last years worker announcement, said that the park was indeed exclusive for Honda employees .... the year before was not...

-MagmMForce24/7

I believe that the event was promoted by Honda as being a buy-out, but the required number of tickets weren't sold so the park was open to the GP as well... Right? My wife and I were definitely there, and we don't work for Honda... :ph34r:

^ That was the year before. Last year you had to buy the ticket, but it was open to just Honda no matter what. The first year after moving from Columbus for a while was free or cheaper than last year.

Time Line (Since I've participated)

2007 : Columbus Convention Center

2008 : Cedar Point - Closed to public- free or VERY cheap to Honda employees

2009 : Cedar Point - Would be closed if enough tickets were sold; Not enough were and the park opened to the public

2010 : Cedar Point - Closed to public, but had to pay

2011 : Kings Island - Closed to public, but will have to pay

Hope that helps!

-MagmMForce247 :)