Holiday World and Coaster Research

With all the talk surrounding Holiday World's recent prodding into the idea of a steel coaster in the near future, I thought this was worth sharing:

302567_10150284031049538_35385539537_7887090_14605984_n.jpg

Research can be such a grueling job ... nice of GM Mike and Dan to take on the task for us.

http://www.facebook.com/HolidayWorld

That would be Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa. Research, indeed.

A Cheetah-Hunt style ride would be great for Holiday World. From what I've heard and POVs I have seen, while the ride is "intense", it's not crazy and could be a perfect fit...if done correctly. Add to much intensity, and the "Liberty Launch to Raven" gap would remain as the new ride might end up surpassing Raven or even Legend in intensity...possibly Voyage too, but that would be pretty difficult considering how intense that ride is. It would still be a worthwhile addition, however.

And, as a "smaller" coaster, it would allow Voyage to retain its title as Holiday World's "big bad extreme thrill machine", which would be important if I were choosing a new steel coaster.

I actually have ridden Cheetah Hunt. I`d say that the ride isn`t really that intense. It is a pretty graceful ride, with the best part being the run through the ravines/trenches when the trains make a series of alternating curves...

I think it would be a nice fit for Holiday World`s first major steel coaster...

Yeah Holiday World is a theme park and Cheetah Hunt is a theme coaster and a family coaster at that, so I could see this working for them. The question is 9 million for their new water coaster for next year was the most they have ever spent on a attraction so will they be willing to pay the $$$ it will take to get a Cheetah Hunt style coaster installed into their park.

Curious... Very curious. I'm willing to bet that, if there's any "research" being done, it's across a couple different manufacturers. I've gotten the impression Holiday World's been a little put out with Intamin since Pilgrim's Plunge was built.

Then again, the choice of ride is almost certainly coincidental... Still, I'd be more than willing to help with that research. ;)