Fright Lane Coming for Haunt

MarketingExpress

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt/fright_lane.cfm

Add the new FRIGHT LANE ticket option and you'll get a lanyard that allows you to bypass the regular wait lines for every one of our Haunt mazes one time each. The more you buy, the more you save. A very limited number of these tickets are available and start as low as $20.

I actually think this is good. I may be in the minority with that thought, though. We try to go to Haunt every year (keep in mind we drive 5 hours one way to get there). We usually stay for one day only, since work and church are obligations on Friday and Sunday. We will arrive on Saturday when the park first opens, so we can ride. When the Haunt attractions open, we get in line. 2009, we were able to stay 2 nights and got to go through Urgent Scare, Trail of Terror and Club Blood. 2010, we were able to go through Slaughterhouse, Massacre Manor and Club Blood. We only got in a few rides at night due to the crowds in the attractions. I think we waited a good hour and a half (or longer) for Slaughterhouse.

tl;dr..this would benefit someone like me, who can only visit Haunt for one day and would like to see more than a few attractions.

Unfortunately, I will not get to attend this year :( School 6 days per week doesn't allow for it.

I actually think this is good. I may be in the minority with that thought, though.

tl;dr..this would benefit someone like me, who can only visit Haunt for one day and would like to see more than a few attractions.

pcc you are not in the minority but rather amongst others who would be considered the silent majority. It is the minority that is very vocal on this subject.

I myself did not go to haunt as much as i would have liked due to long lines and often suggested i would come more if they offered a Fright Lane type pass. I do like the limit of 1 use per maze. I wonder about the demographic of who will use it and wonder if it will bring in others who stayed away.

• Like 1

And of all places, at Worlds of Fun, from $10 - $15.

And in searching the other Cedar Fair parks, I found this on Kings Dominion's Haunt site:

Your 2011 Kings Dominion Season Pass or Cedar Fair Platinum Pass is valid during Halloween Haunt.

NEW 2012 Gold Season Passes will be valid for one (1) free visit in 2011 on the day of purchase. 2012 free parking is NOT valid in the 2011 season.

2012 Silver Season Passes will NOT include Haunt 2012.

As the name implies, their Silver Pass is the equivalent to our Regular Season Pass, a notch below Gold. The fact that Haunt will not be included with their regular season pass would indicate that it will be an up-charge event for the general public, and that getting free access is [so far] a perk for Gold Passes and higher only.

Since Kings Island is only advertising the Gold Pass right now and hasn't even made mention of the lower tier, we don't know yet if our Haunt will continue to be included.

As well it should, I think.

GYK, who just today purchased his up-charge, $64 ticket to a Halloween Party at the place where Cedar Fair's up-and-coming CEO once reigned... Not even a Premium Annual Passholder will get in for free on those nights, though they get a generous discount on the ticket (and the food, and the merchandise, and...)

So... the question is... what four people want to buy passes with me so I only have to pay $20 for a Fright Lane pass? According to Kings Island's website, it's $20 for a pass... but you have to have 5 people. Or... who would like to buy two passes for $50? According to Kings Island's website, two passes are $60.

I'd be down for getting a Fright Lane pass. As I said before in another thread, this is the one event at the park a system like the Fast Pass would benefit the most from. And with as many attractions as they have, being able to cut to the front at least ONCE per house is a godsend. That way, if a maze is really good the first run, THEN I'd wait in line to do it again. But only after I've gotten through everything at least once, and only if the attraction is worth waiting in line.

Speaking of which, gotta go ask a question....

• 2 weeks later...

Worse addition ever to Haunt, it really slowed down the lines tonight. I am not sure how many they sell on any given night but it seemed like a lot tonight. Unless you are prepared to shell out the money from one I would not even recommend going to Halloween Haunt if you actually want to go to the Haunts.