Leviathan 2 new at ki for 2013

DBInternational

Trust PizzaBaby on this. At PizzaBaby's request, I have saved the following prediction, and will place it where the world can see the day that 2013's announcement is made. One wouldn't make a statement this bold unless one was on the ins with decisions makers, right?

I will tell the world, and goodyellowkorn182 you may copy my next statement...." 2013 will introduce a whole new Action Zone, renovation/remodel, a redesign possibly. The worlds tallest and fasted roller coaster will enslave Kings Island, somewhere? The torch shall finally be passed to Kings Island, welcome to the new (Amusement) World Order....Beware my dears!!!!!" Copy it just like that or not at all GoodYellowKorn182

• Like 1

I haven't made a judgement call about PizzaBaby's prediction. And if Kings Island does get a roller coaster taller than 456 feet and faster than 149 miles per hour, I will post the prediction all the same! I will also nominate him for a moderator position. :)

• Like 1

I'm actually gonna try and go with this only for a few reasons:

1) we have seen each area get a revamp and some sort of new attraction.

1. Rivertown-DB

2. Coney Mall- DA and WindSeeker

3. Boomerang Bay...erm Water Works- New Wavepool, and action river, with enhancments

4. It follows that Action Zone could very well get the next update, and with that update, using past precedent we can assume that a new attraction will also debut with the new area.

2) We may or may not be in store for a new roller coaster. Why we are due for a new one: We have not recieved one in 2 years (OF course I AM IN NO MEANS using this as perfect reasoning, just a causal observation that may have no true grit in the actual scheme of things). Of course, they may refurb SOB and bill it as a new attraction, which would tech. be new, but not really new at all...

Thatswhy i kinda sorta beilieve what Pizzababy is saying, and if s/he is right, well then I will ask if they can see into my future as well....

Does KI really need something as large as Leviathan? I'm not sure. Diamondback is pretty big in itself. Adding something bigger and similar just doesn't make sense with me, and thus why I dislike the choice of Canada's Wonderland. Something like Maverick is something, I think, that missing from the park's lineup. However, I was talking to Coasterfanatic2012 (my cousin) and we did like the idea of a B&M Wingrider. Flying through the woods in the X-Base area of the park would be something that, in my opinion, would make the most sense.

• Like 1

Guest PizzaBaby027

I haven't made a judgement call about PizzaBaby's prediction. And if Kings Island does get a roller coaster taller than 456 feet and faster than 149 miles per hour, I will post the prediction all the same! I will also nominate him for a moderator position. :)

Thank you and may I rephrase my wording,

I will tell the world, and goodyellowkorn182 you may copy my next statement...." 2013 will introduce a whole new Action Zone, renovation/remodel, a redesign possibly. A WORLD breaking Coaster will enslave Kings Island, somewhere? The torch shall finally be passed to Kings Island, welcome to the new (Amusement) World Order....Beware my dears!!!!!" Copy it just like that or not at all GoodYellowKorn182

As my school once said in our senior year, "Saving the best for last"

The day shall come when I will reveal my name to the KICentral world, for now you all may now that I am a male! I guess some did not know!

So why does everyone seem to believe that only CP OR KI can get a new coaster in the same year? Why can't they both get one? It's not like CF hasn't added more than one coaster in a year before... who's to say it couldn't be both CP and KI? I highly doubt a memo went out that said "hey, only one of you can get a coaster in the same year... now fight for it!" Anyway, it seems CP is more overdue than KI.

Who doubts that could happen? It's just all about timing...like stars aligning. If it's the right time, it's the right time. I would say with about 99% certainty that next year is a year for CP...I know less about KI's status. I would guess, however, that SOB would be tackled and finalized before another major installation of a coaster.

If money is to be spent on a rebirth, there's your 2013 capital. The other option of demo would be much less expensive, so then it becomes a possibility, unless that particular site is used, which could add another year to the equation. SOB is just a big unknown variable right now, and until that becomes clear...always clouded the future is.

Do not forget, in less than four months, the grand promoter, protector and parking lot resident of Cedar Point will no longer be the head honcho of the company. That most assuredly will have an impact on the company's future. Five years from now, we will know more about how than when last we met....how, indeed,

that's a very good Q.

That all being said, certain decisions are already made and very unlikely to be reversed.

I'm always leary of torches in amusement parks. Fire is a great enemy of the park industry.

according to The Beast book's by RL Stine, the old Kings Island amusement park had torches before the tornado came and wiped it out. :blink:

Because it was a book. You can design Kings Island however you want in a book.

• Like 1

Who doubts that could happen? It's just all about timing...like stars aligning. If it's the right time, it's the right time. I would say with about 99% certainty that next year is a year for CP...I know less about KI's status. I would guess, however, that SOB would be tackled and finalized before another major installation of a coaster.

If money is to be spent on a rebirth, there's your 2013 capital. The other option of demo would be much less expensive, so then it becomes a possibility, unless that particular site is used, which could add another year to the equation. SOB is just a big unknown variable right now, and until that becomes clear...always clouded the future is.

I'd say it is more like 100%. CP has announced that they will have a "big" announcement concerning 2013 during their 2012 Coastermania event.