Leviathan 2 new at ki for 2013

DBInternational

But how far ahead of time are these things decided? For example, do you think Cedar Fair contacts B&M in June and has coaster pieces on-site by September? Or are these things decided long beforehand?

I have thought about this myself....

Just how long does it take to finalize the purchasing, design, and construction of a new roller coaster? I think that one of the biggest mysteries is whether or not some of the rides/coasters installed in the former Paramount Parks were planned by Paramount Parks, or Cedar Fair. Behemoth comes to mind....

Thats an interesting thought. They might be getting ready to talk 2013, unless they have done so already. I wonder how far into the future they plan things. What if a new ride annouced next year has already been decided on? What if our future was decided three or four years into the future and thats why SOB hasn't been taken care of yet.

It's an approximate 3-year cycle from the initial proposals, design, manufacturing, and installation for a major steel coaster. I'm not sure what B & M's "return policy" is, but I would bet that after a certain point in the manufacturing of the ride, you just can't decide not to go ahead with the install, although an install can be set back (see Shoot the Rapids).

There is absolutely zero doubt that 2013 is already set. Minor details can always be shifted, but anything "major" would already be a done deal. This is why SOB, if a decision really has not been reached, is such a wild card at KI.

Hence, aside from managerial, administrative, customer service, and general park improvements, Kinzel's legacy on Cedar Point, for example, will still be felt for a few seasons.

• Like 2

I'm always leary of torches in amusement parks. Fire is a great enemy of the park industry.

according to The Beast book's by RL Stine, the old Kings Island amusement park had torches before the tornado came and wiped it out. :blink:

RL Stine just used this as a descriptive tool in order for the reader to get a feel for the force of the tornado. After all, he is a well known for his Gothic literature.

• 4 years later...

Do not forget, in less than four months, the grand promoter, protector and parking lot resident of Cedar Point will no longer be the head honcho of the company. That most

assuredly will have an impact on the company's future. Five years from now, we will know more about how than when last we met....how, indeed,

that's a very good Q.

That all being said, certain decisions are already made and very unlikely to be reversed.

Five years from back then.

That's September.

Know?

We will. Yes, we will.

• Like 1

I love how you have been reviving these old threads to add to the excitement. I am for one, excited for an announcement at the end of this season. But for now, I am ready to make another trip to enjoy this year.

• Like 2