Halloween Haunt wait times

sarah_belle1018

Also, you have to factor in the weather. I went Last night (10/7). Rode Diamondback 3 times before the queue got to be full. Remember, when Diamondback's queue is all open and being used, from the entrance to the ride is usually only 45 minutes. (Timed it several times over the last couple years).

If the line is out to the buffet doors, it only takes another 5 to 10 minutes.

It seems like the entrance hosts were throwing out some very inaccurate wait times. I was told 30 minutes for Beast, and there were only people in the station (the station turnstiles were not open). I was also told 45 minutes for Diamondback, and there were only 3 turnstiles filled. I specifically checked and asked both entrance hosts, "Is that really 30-45 minutes?" to which I got a "Yeah." This was the last 20 minutes that the park was open on Friday night. I skipped them both, as I had a long drive home. But unless these rides were running 1 train, I don't see how both those lines were longer than 10-15 minutes? You'd think a ride host that has worked at the park many days would have a better idea than a guest...

Also, maybe I'm very spoiled by Cedar Point, but I can't get over how annoying Kings Island is about their closing time. It's very strict....like "Get out of the park now! Our employees need to get home!" The lines were being cut a couple minutes before 1AM to right at 1AM. At Cedar Point, they cut the lines 5-10 minutes after the park closing time on major rides. They also don't make any announcements to get out of the park, and you see people leisurely walking around, enjoying the atmosphere, a good 30+ minutes after close. I've been in the park more than an hour after close (after waiting in a late line), and the security and other employees just kindly smile, not saying a word. CP also leaves some stands open late in case you want to catch some snacks on the way home. I think CP's approach is definitely catered to the customer and provides a pleasant, relaxing exit after a busy day. Maybe Kings Island is still like this from way back in the day under different ownership, when the park cut lines sometimes an hour or more BEFORE closing. But, I just hate the rushed / strict vibe of the KI closing; there's no time to enjoy the empty, peaceful night atmosphere.

I went Friday and Saturday, It was insane Saturday, I have never seen it so crowded. We broke down and got Fast passes around 1pm when we got there because it was our last time going till next season, best decision ever. We still waited 25 minutes with beast and 15 minutes Diamond back with the passes, but it was way better than the alternitive.

I went Friday and Saturday, It was insane Saturday, I have never seen it so crowded. We broke down and got Fast passes around 1pm when we got there because it was our last time going till next season, best decision ever. We still waited 25 minutes with beast and 15 minutes Diamond back with the passes, but it was way better than the alternitive.

Wait a minute...you waited 25 minutes WITH fast pass? If this is accurate, then KI is not telling the truth about a "very limited number of passes are available." Was the 25 minutes because of a break down, or was there really 25 minutes worth of fast pass customers?

How can we say what their "very limited number" is, or how it changes day to day? If 500,000 people visited in a day, wouldn't 20,000 passes be a "very limited number," available to 4% of the visitors?

And like has been mentioned, the passes do not promise to get you on the ride on the next available train, or before anyone else. They simply place you in a different line that - for all intents and purposes - has a shorter wait. If the park was half as crowded as everyone makes it out to be, I'm sure that a 25 minute wait for The Beast seemed like a very fair deal compared to the regular queue.

Just to respond to some earlier posts. Saturday was the second busiest day in park history. I don't think I can say the number, but it was insane.

Haunt lines on Saturday were crazy, Tombstone TerrorTory was all the way back at The Beast plaza, Holiday Horror was to Flume and at one point Massacre Manor was wrapped around the carousel.

As far as quantity of Fast Passes, I think it is based on attendance, but I am not 100% certain. The park did have a limited number of Fright Lane passes available, I can confirm that.

And no, I do not get comission, although I wish I did. My group and I tried them out on Friday night, and they were great. Even though "it was a waste with such low crowds" according to a former employee we encountered in a line. It's my disposable income, I'll use it how I like :).

Just to respond to some earlier posts. Saturday was the second busiest day in park history. I don't think I can say the number, but it was insane.

Haunt lines on Saturday were crazy, Tombstone TerrorTory was all the way back at The Beast plaza, Holiday Horror was to Flume and at one point Massacre Manor was wrapped around the carousel.

As far as quantity of Fast Passes, I think it is based on attendance, but I am not 100% certain. The park did have a limited number of Fright Lane passes available, I can confirm that.

And no, I do not get comission, although I wish I did. My group and I tried them out on Friday night, and they were great. Even though "it was a waste with such low crowds" according to a former employee we encountered in a line. It's my disposable income, I'll use it how I like :).

What was the busiest day?? What's your source? Do you sell Dippin' Dots? :P haha

I got in line for Holiday Horror at around 8:15 and was almost to the log flume's entrance (which was still running!). I was done in under 45 min, which I didn't think was too bad.

I wouldn't say the line for Tombstone TERRORtory was back that far...it was more of a giant mob filling the entire walkway that went the The Beast's plaza :/

I went on Saturday and it was insane, I waited an hour and a half for Diamondback, two hours for a night ride on The Beast, and a whopping forty-five minutes for Flight Deck.

I waited like maybe 45 min, but that was with a 15 min delay for maintenance to come and change out a wheel

Flight Decks not as good as The Beast at night but I do agree with ya its pretty neat. IF they are adding fog right now it would be really awsome. Just sucks the rides kinda short but its great to hear it had a 45 miniet wait. So how long was the wait for Vortex

Well dont feel bad ive only got one visit this year but hopefully this weekend Ill get my night ride. Now the SoB that was a good one to ride at night but id still have to agree with ya theres just somthing special about riding The Beast at night.

What was the busiest day?? What's your source? Do you sell Dippin' Dots? :P haha

I wouldn't say the line for Tombstone TERRORtory was back that far...it was more of a giant mob filling the entire walkway that went the The Beast's plaza :/

Busiest day was bring a friend free day in 2002. What's my source? The park's admissions system.

Tombstone was back that far at one point, I was there working.

and a whopping forty-five minutes for Flight Deck.

I'm actually happy to hear that! Go Flight Deck!

I had the same reaction! lol

Flight Deck is such a great ride, hurt by its location. So many people don't even know it exists. I have never ridden the ride with a train more than half full of people the past decade, which makes me sad. So, I'm touched that this had a 45-minute wait!

They should have painted it neon pink with a GIANT 500 foot LED sign saying "Great ride here!" or made WindSeeker a giant arrow pointing to flight deck ... or maybe little plane foot prints from the park entrance to the ride would work. ;)

• Like 1