Question

coasterfreak22108

Please don't.

Although it is only 1.9 miles it is across the highway from the parks and the interchanges in the area are very busy, so as family man myself I would advise other families to not do it for safety sake.

I have stayed in that hotel several times through the years and I would not consider it in any way.

• Like 1

The only way to get there would be to walk up Kings Mills Rd. and take a right turn onto Kings Island Dr to the park. There are no sidewalks/crosswalks for any of the path except for a small stretch by Taco Bell. It's a two mile hike from Super 8 to Kings Island.

To sum up, is it possible? yes. Safe and practical? not at all.

I guess one question, is this an attempt to save a few bucks? Its definently not worth it to walk from the hotel to KI, but there are other places you could possibly park and walk to the park, Kings HS, great wolf lodge, the harley davidison shopping area w/ the new Chipotle, etc.. the movie theater and some more. I can't say how often, if at all these lots are patrolled to tow cars of people who might try this, but I would assume a place like the movie theater would be pretty easy to "blend" in.

I guess one question, is this an attempt to save a few bucks? Its definently not worth it to walk from the hotel to KI, but there are other places you could possibly park and walk to the park, Kings HS, great wolf lodge, the harley davidison shopping area w/ the new Chipotle, etc.. the movie theater and some more. I can't say how often, if at all these lots are patrolled to tow cars of people who might try this, but I would assume a place like the movie theater would be pretty easy to "blend" in.

Um, no. :rolleyes:

Parking in a private business's parking lot without permission and going somewhere else is really no different than going in Kroger, selecting a nice roast and walking out the door without paying for it.

Either action is wrong and can have serious consequences.

Do you mean coffee or meat?

I was thinking more along the lines of the Comedy Central variety.

Terpy is correct about parking in private lots. You might come back to find your car has been towed away. When you figure in the time walking from the motel to the park, is it really worth walking that far and back at night in traffic just to try to save $12 parking? I guess you do not have a gold pass or the plat pass as they give you free parking.

Terpy is correct about parking in private lots. You might come back to find your car has been towed away. When you figure in the time walking from the motel to the park, is it really worth walking that far and back at night in traffic just to try to save $12 parking? I guess you do not have a gold pass or the plat pass as they give you free parking.

Has I said before it wasnt about the money we were just thinking that it was that close that we could walk, but we are not because of traffic.

Well if it is not about the money then I would suggest Great Wolf Lodge then you could park for free in their lot as a guest and walk over to Kings Island. That walk is an easy wall and even can be done in the dead of winter with a ice packed covered lot, well below zero with the wind in your face. Oh the wonderful memories of Kings Island. I hope what ever you decide that you and the family make great memories from your trip too.

• 2 weeks later...