TTD closed down due to flying debris

What is your source on this?

I have relatives at the park last night & today. They are the guests that were almost hit & gave the piece to ride ops.

At this point, it could be anything. It could have been a wheel piece or an item the fell out of a ride guests' pocket that was hit by a train.

If TTD is open today or tomorrow, then we know it is/ was not a big deal.

Glad to hear no one was hurt, I hope this doesn't last too long.

I actually witnessed one of the huge, decorative dragster tires that used to be on the back of each train, fall off during TTD's opening season. It was at night after the park was officially closed but there were still quite a few people in line for TTD, having a good time waiting for their first ride. My good friend Rob and I are standing on the top of the steps just outside the station, watching a train as it comes down the tower when all of a sudden we see something fall off then go bouncing a long the ground on the side of the track. We quickly realized it was one of the tires and we watched it go screaming by bouncing up and down as it passed everyone waiting in line and finally hopped the fence into the lagoon near the Iron Dragon pretzel. The ride ops had no clue and you should have seen their faces when the train rolled into the station sans one tire. They shut it down for a quite some time while they tried to figure out what to do. Finally they just removed that train and luckily they eventually allowed everyone in line to get a ride. Shortly after that the rear dragster themeing was completely removed. It's incredible luck that the tire was the right one and not the left. I don't want to know what would have happened if the left tire would have come off and ripped through the guests waiting in line...

3qP3I.jpg