Halloween Haunt 2011 Review

CoasterGeek101

I was working and it was a hard night at Nightmare Alley. People kept saying it sucked and I agree not a lot of effort was put into our section. I thought working there would be a dream job but right now i kinda regret getting the job. everyone was more instreted in lasers than our maze. A lot of people thought it was funny to mess with us. Also my supervisor wasnt any where near us when we needed her. She ended up pulling me over to tell me im supposed to be saying "Welcome to the freak show" when im the carnie not the barker. I was also in a lot of pain from yelling and when my supervisor pulled me over and asked me what was wrong, she took m,e behind the scenes, called me a whiner, and told me to come back tommorow for haunt. I also found that quite disrespectful. Just wanted top let you guys know how hard it is working haunt and not to mess with us

Is this your first job? Unfortunately being a guest and working it are two different things. Don't throw in the towel just yet. Working it is very tough, I will agree with you there. Give it a chance and don't let the public get you down. There are putzes everywhere-focus on the others. There are guests out there who don't act the way they should, and just like in any other job, you're gonna have that. Stick it out-you know what to expect now.

LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE. I really can't stress this enough. Please do NOT let the public or an unenthusiastic supervisor ruin your experience. By chance (and no, I wasn't fired once :P ), I've had several jobs within the past couple years. No one ever told me this going into any of them, so I'm going to say it here for everyone: Every last one of them has had its own quirks that I've enjoyed a lot and frustrations that have driven me insane, both of which have been related to the customers. To enjoy them, you're going to have to learn to deal with people who will take things so seriously or who have had a bad day/week/life that they're going to try to make you feel bad about it. It's going to seem especially bad at the beginning, especially if it's your first job, but it will get better. Don't take insults personally, and don't get down on yourself if you can't please everyone all the time. You'll learn how to let those sorts of things slide. Just do the best job you know how to do and be content with your work when you're done, because, outside of the actual job requirements, that's the only responsibility you have. For every few grumpy people you deal with, there will be a handful more people who will make your work worth it. (And if you're ever not sure of what you're supposed to be doing, ask! You're not the first one to ask, and you won't be the last.)

I don't mean to sound like I'm coming down on you or telling you to get over your frustrations. You're perfectly allowed to be frustrated. I'm just suggesting to keep trying, because really, you've still got a job where there's a huge amount of room for creativity that simply doesn't exist elsewhere. I'm actually a little jealous, to be honest! :lol:

On a side note, might I suggest taking advantage of everyone's preoccupation with the lasers? Let them get so interested in them that they don't see or hear you quietly sneaking up behind them... Just an idea! (Granted, I haven't been to Haunt yet... I don't know how NA is set up, so this sort of suggestion may very well be useless. Not to mention that I've never worked as a scareactor! It's just an idea.)

• Like 2

I wouldn't waste your time with Holiday Horror. It was horrible. And I don't think that Urgent Scare deserves an 8 this year. Dinosaurs Alive killed two good haunts this year. Trail of Terror and Urgent Scare.

i wouldnt say that holiday horror was horrible at least every room was different and they had some neat costumes.

Legs=Soreness for me. I'm having a fantastic time this year at Haunt. Even with all the guests banter and abuse. Doesn't phase me one bit because I am having such an awesome time working this year and have gotten the most fantastic scares ever!

I'm having a great time too. I've been getting some of my best scares ever too with my new spot in Slaughter House!

Do the actors in Slaughterhouse like really startle u??

I would hope so! :D

I found a lot of them really funny with what they were saying.

I did get startled more than once, to be honest.

That's exactly what I like... humor mixed in with the horror. Slaughter House has a lot of good people in it, and we love to have fun with our guests, mixing scares and humor. I know that after the initial startle, Sam is pretty humorous. He's just your average cannibalistic butcher trying to make an honest living and doing what's best for Mama and the rest of the twisted family. B)

• Like 1

Can you guys put in the haunts in order for me from least scary to most scary. I have a certain 13 year old a little scared to go. Thanks.

A couple of theese haunted houses I have not been in but here is what I think of them and some facts starting with least scary-

Mysteria (Its Ok but if ur scared of green people then dont go in)

Holiday Horror (Havent Been in)

Carnevil (Very fun maze even if ur afraid of clowns)

Massacre Manor ( just watch out for a scary guy at the begining yell at u)

Wolf Pack (Very neat setting but not the most scary)

Cut Throat Cove (it not bad but there is some scary moments)

Cornstalkers (Havent been in)

Club Blood (Well I ****ed my pants toward the end where all of the curtains are.)

Slaughterhouse (Havent been in)

Urgent Scare (Havent been in)

Can you guys put in the haunts in order for me from least scary to most scary. I have a certain 13 year old a little scared to go. Thanks.

A couple of theese haunted houses I have not been in but here is what I think of them and some facts starting with least scary-

Club Blood (Well I ****ed my pants toward the end where all of the curtains are.)

i was in holiday horror and urgent scare and they both werent bad. i like holiday horror it had a really nice theme to it. urgent scare got really down graded from last year but it is still really good :)

i was in holiday horror and urgent scare and they both werent bad. i like holiday horror it had a really nice theme to it. urgent scare got really down graded from last year but it is still really good :)

Yeah I really hope I'll get to go again this season and check out holiday horror but i will never go in urgent scare! im way to scared of the hospital type stuff Lol!

When you are at the front of the line they ask how many are in your group, from there they direct you to one of a couple photo booths and when done with photos they direct you out the other side of the booth. A scareactor is waiting for you there and lets you know when to proceed, with two booths I did not feel it held up the line in anyway. I mean we would be waiting outside anyway so I like having an opportunity. We did not buy our photo but we enjoyed seeing it as a group.

Ah, so it's outside and at the beginning of the attraction. I was not a fan of them having the booth at the end of Urgent Scare last year. It was the worst way possible to end an attraction, and the fact that they made it mandatory only made the experience that much worse. So much so that I ended up giving US a mere Startle for 2010 solely for that reason.

I was working and it was a hard night at Nightmare Alley. People kept saying it sucked and I agree not a lot of effort was put into our section. I thought working there would be a dream job but right now i kinda regret getting the job. everyone was more instreted in lasers than our maze. A lot of people thought it was funny to mess with us. Also my supervisor wasnt any where near us when we needed her. She ended up pulling me over to tell me im supposed to be saying "Welcome to the freak show" when im the carnie not the barker. I was also in a lot of pain from yelling and when my supervisor pulled me over and asked me what was wrong, she took m,e behind the scenes, called me a whiner, and told me to come back tommorow for haunt. I also found that quite disrespectful. Just wanted top let you guys know how hard it is working haunt and not to mess with us

I know your Sup personally and I know she would've never done that.

So were you there? I was not so I could not say anything for certain. I could say I don't think someone would say that or that doesn't sound like something they would say. But to say I know with out being there is a bold statement considering it is saying some one is not being truthful.

• 4 weeks later...

So were you there? I was not so I could not say anything for certain. I could say I don't think someone would say that or that doesn't sound like something they would say. But to say I know with out being there is a bold statement considering it is saying some one is not being truthful.

Personally there....every night

So next time maybe you should say hey I was present during that conversation and that is not what happened instead of " I know your sup personally and she would never do something like that". Because when you state it like that it makes it look like you where sticking up for your friend because you know her and my point would be valid. Now if you said I was there during that conversation then there would have not been any problem in calling someone out like that.

Have a great last operational weekend.

• 5 months later...

It has been a long time since I've came here. But wanted to give a shout out to my former Halloween Haunt cast members. I was part of Club Blood when it first opened as the Biker and the following year as both biker and bar tender depending on the night. My final year with King's Island I was the Biker only. Life is good my lady and I have moved out to Cali expecting our first baby any day now and also are now part of the creative team with the Winchester Mystery House Fright Nights as the Make-up leads and designers. Lots of fond memories of KI and lots of love to those of you who are still part of the Haunt family. Happy Haunting.