Haunt PTR 9/23/11

IndyGuy4KI

As another Haunt season is about to start I am excited to go, but would be experiencing this evenings haunt without my wife. I realize this is the first time I would actually be experiencing the haunted attractions since we became pass holders in 2003. We love going to haunt, but the wife is not much for haunted houses, so we had only went through a few in past seasons.

In the past several years CF has really changed haunt, and by seeing the amount of people in the park compared to my early days they are on the right track. Coming into the park and heading down International Street it was obvious that KI is stepping it up a notch for 2011.

Here are a few IS pics.

2011-09-23_17-50-46_134.jpg

2011-09-23_17-51-52_593.jpg

Things I noticed through out the park in the first hour being there was creative new props and better prop placement.

2011-09-23_19-32-42_536.jpg

2011-09-23_20-46-06_563.jpg

I thought the amount of scareactors was very good. It was hard to not see one scaring someone, drawing attention for a picture, or skidding across the midway. They all seemed to really be into their characters! With so much movement going on, my phone did not take the best pictures, but I got this really a blurry picture that was really cool!

2011-09-23_21-11-26_445.jpg

I am not going to list all the hunt attractions, but will touch on my top five favorites.

• Carnevil - This was a great mix of props, great costumes for surprise scares, and a great sense of dizziness and confusion. This was my favorite!
  • Urgent Scare - Had a great variety of props and scare actors. Very well done!
  • Holiday Horror - This was the one I was looking forward to the most, it turned out to be nothing that I expected it to be, but was a very original well propped maze. This mazes' originality and story line is what really gave it high mark from me! I wish there were a few more hiding spots for more surprise scares.
  • Slaughter House - I really loved the story line as you got started and how it progressed through the maze.
  • Club Blood - This was a very good maze, not necessarily scary, but do feel the theme was done well. It seemed like a club you would see visitng in the Blade movies. There was a good mix of sensuality and blood, but maybe a little more of blood would help.

I am not a fan of wrestling, but I took in a showing of Half Pint Brawlers. It was not my cup of tea, but these little guys do give new meaning to the phrase blood, sweat, and tears.

This guy was our pre-show emcee and did a good job of keeping us entertained until the event started.

2011-09-23_21-21-43_312.jpg

Things are not going well for puppet.

2011-09-23_21-38-48_260.jpg

We stopped in a few shops after the show. I loved this shirt!

2011-09-23_20-51-25_338.jpg

A show that I had not seen before was Hot Blooded. I really enjoyed this show, great music variety from artists like Foreigner, Heart, and Journey. It was a very long show, I can not imagine how long it took to learn all the moves for this show.

A pic I got early in the show.

2011-09-24_00-06-06_865.jpg

At Midnight, the 24th (which was my birthday) a few of us went and got a ride on DB and Beast. What a great way to bring in the first hour of your birthday!

Using a Fright Lane Pass: Being a person who's not a big fan of the Fast Lane, I was a little reluctant to use my Fright Lane Pass. I quickly understood for those people making a one time trip, (especially if they had a big expense to get there) that those passes are worth the money. I have a new respect and appreciation for their use when purchased.

There were a lot of KIC'ers there that we saw over the evening, and of course we talked in the parking lot for an hour after the park closed. I did not get to bed until 4:30 AM after the drive back to Indy, but it was a great evening that I will remember a long time!

Thanks for a great fun evening KI.

• Like 3

Nice! It was nice to run into each other and be able to hang out with your group for the night for my first Haunt. I normally tour the park by myself, and to do it with a group was a different and interesting experience. Just having a group with me helped me overcome my fears and enjoy Haunt; I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did had I been by myself the first time. Thanks!

• Like 1

Nice! It was nice to run into each other and be able to hang out with your group for the night for my first Haunt. I normally tour the park by myself, and to do it with a group was a different and interesting experience. Just having a group with me helped me overcome my fears and enjoy Haunt; I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did had I been by myself the first time. Thanks!

This to me sums up one of the main functions of this site. I have ridden a more variety of rides at KI since becoming a member of this site becauce the group of KIC'ers wanted to ride something I would nornally pass on. I then enjoy a bigger varity of rides (even if I am not a big fan of that ride) with my KIC family. This creates great memories in the park, I am then wanting to return for more.

Glad you could hang out with us and enjoy your first haunt. I know I really enjoyed it.

Does the Fright Lane pass get you to the front of both lines of Tombstome Terrortory?

Yes, it does. At the train station, go up the handicap entrance to the right; once you get off, a worker will come down the line checking for Fright Lane passes, so hold them up where they can be seen. At least that was our experience on Friday.