HW 9/28 announcement

And here it is, from the email newsletter I got from them today:

http://editor.ne16.c...MailID=21319421

After providing 33 years of laughs and thrills, Paul Revere's Midnight Ride will retire at the end of this season. The Everly Aircraft Company based in Salem, Oregon, originally built the Spider for Santa Claus Land where it debuted alongside what is now known as Lewis & Clark Trail in 1978. Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride will saunter into the sunset at closing time on Sunday, October 9, giving you two weekends to enjoy a few last spins before it disappears for good.

As we say goodbye to one ride, we’re already planning for another. We’re adding a 65’ Vertical Swing Ride! This new ride has the same 36” height limit as the ride it’s replacing, so smaller children can ride with their families. We’ll have more information about this fun new ride in the coming weeks.

Paul Revere's Midnight Ride was the closest I'vs came to ever puking on a ride. I had to lay down on a table. Let's just say I never rode an octopus ride again. Just thought I'd put that in there :P Still sad to see it go, though. It was always the first thing we saw when waiting for the rope to be opened to unleash the Opening running of the bulls to the Voyage.

http://editor.ne16.com/vo/?FileID=f6d944cb-d3e8-4d6c-b0b8-e747043a0c5f&m=af973a9c58251e45a0cdf9667aa564a1&MailID=21393234

Want to name the new swing ride? If your entry is chosen, you will win four one-day admission tickets good in 2012. Entries must be submitted by 10:00 AM CDT on October 18. The link above has a form that must be copied and pasted into your email. I submitted the name "Freedom Flyer".

Paul Revere's Midnight Ride was the closest I'vs came to ever puking on a ride. I had to lay down on a table. Let's just say I never rode an octopus ride again. Just thought I'd put that in there :P

Back in another life I use to run the rides at the Zoo. The Octo we had there had the seperate controls, one to get it spinning and the other to send the cars in the up and down. We would once in a while (meaning when Harley the maintenance guy wasn't around) give people an extra special ride by manipulating the up down control. Drop the car when the people were at the right spot to give them some air time, restart it at the right time on the up swing to push them into their seats. We would just have the hose ready to spray away the protein spills when we got done.

• 1 month later...