It is what a scare zone should be. At Busch, Cedar Point and Universal, the scare zones are paths between mazes that are themed and the actors blend in with the crowds. Kind of like a maze without the wait. I thought Nightmare Alley was cool and I hope they add more zones like it in the future.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say that my wife and I were pretty disappointed with NA last night. The lasers were cool, but there seemed to be more people acting like circus performers or dancers than scaring.

Also, I think a good Fright Zone should be in an area that gets more traffic. Like at CP, their Fright Zones were mostly in areas where you had to walk through to get to another part of the park (or at least that's how they were when I was there last). You only go through NA if you want to go to Holiday Horror, so not many people seemed to be going through, and since we had done HH before NA opened, we just walked through and turned around and didn't have anyone try to scare us once (this was around 11:45 PM).

I think the set up was cool, but maybe would be better somewhere else, like Coney Maul or that path that used to be used for the Work Zone? Or the path from River Town to the Eiffel Tower? I don't know, the current location just doesn't seem to work other than the atmosphere with the Carousel running.

It was actually a lot more impressive than I thought it would be. I honestly thought it would just be a really basic scare zone with a few fog machines and guys walking around in costumes but It was actually pretty impressive for a first time actual scare zone. (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) I thought there was a good amount of fog, the music was nice and creepy, I thought the lasers were actually pretty cool if you saw it the right way, and I actually got scared a few times.

I liked it, I knew what it was supposed to be, and I liked where it was placed. Like the movie "Something Wicked This Way Comes" there's an innate creepiness to carnivals. I'd like for it to be a bit larger, but for the first year, I think it added to the area.

I thought the lasers and stuff were neat the first couple of times through. I went through on Friday and thought everything clicked together really well. I loved the drunken clown that acts as a barker. It's my favorite addition to Haunt this year.. up there with the new decor on I Street.

I love NA but I think the space between Snoopy Boutique and Holiday Horror is very empty. Just some fog. A couple of lasers would do well and some more scareactors. But from the entrance of Planet Snoopy, it is great. (Also, there needs to be an easier way to find Holiday Horror!)

• 2 weeks later...

I love NA but I think the space between Snoopy Boutique and Holiday Horror is very empty. Just some fog. A couple of lasers would do well and some more scareactors. But from the entrance of Planet Snoopy, it is great. (Also, there needs to be an easier way to find Holiday Horror!)

I agree and wish I had more scareactors to bring to it. We were originally supposed to go even further past the snack shack toward Holiday Horror but scareactors were thin so I tried to concentrate efforts more from the Planet Snoopy arch to the Horse-Trainer at the "end" (at the horse skeleton). Maybe next year we'll be able to add more - but I think we had a great first season!

How does everyone like the addition of "Big Daddy" on the microphone at the arch? I think he's the perfect touch

I agree and wish I had more scareactors to bring to it. We were originally supposed to go even further past the snack shack toward Holiday Horror but scareactors were thin so I tried to concentrate efforts more from the Planet Snoopy arch to the Horse-Trainer at the "end" (at the horse skeleton). Maybe next year we'll be able to add more - but I think we had a great first season!

How does everyone like the addition of "Big Daddy" on the microphone at the arch? I think he's the perfect touch

I love "big daddy" on the mic , hes great! and I hope all of the cast comes back again next year . And I too think we had a great first season . :)