....someone should pitch that idea to Kings Island. A zombified gardener with a leaf blower wreaks havoc amongst the population.

If the park wouldn't have dumped Scooby they could have based one on the Johnny Bravo "Ghostly Gardener" episode..."Jinkies, jinkies...isn't that a breakfast cereal?

scoo.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYOjYb834n0&feature=related

• Like 1

I like running from chainsaws. I like getting scared. It's a fun scared, like being on the roller coaster.

You get startled, you laugh at yourself, and you get startled again. We all have fun.

Hasn't anyone played 'monster' as a kid? Or run through real cornfields?

Chainsaws are annoying, cliche, and not scary.

God knows...and so does AZ, that I certainly call him out when I disagree with him...which seems to be about 80% of the time...so it's only fair to stand up for him when I do agree with him. :P

I don't get the whole chainsaw thing either. I'm sorry, but it makes about as much sense as being scared of someone running around with a leaf blower reving it up. Anyone with a smidgen of intelligence knows that it has to be harmless...especially in this lawsuit happy world of ours...how anyone is SCARED I have no idea...I can understand startled, but NOT scared.

And by your logic, anyone with a smidgen of intelligence also should not be scared by ANYTHING they encounter at Haunt...or anything else for that matter that's inside the park as they know it all to be harmless. But we all know that not to be true.

Haunted attractions play off the fears of each individual. Some people might be afraid of blood and guts, zombies, small places/rooms, chain saws, mutant animals, clowns, children toys, and just the fear of the "unknown" of what is coming up in the maze. Some people are scared by all of these things, others are scared of none, but most people fall some where in the middle. So by using as many different techniques to try and scare someone, Kings Island is trying to make it enjoyable to the largest number of people possible.

No one expects you to be scared with everything that you encounter at Haunt. But even though you find something stupid, it doesn't mean that it isn't worth having at Haunt (and from what I saw at Wall of Monsters last Friday, the chain saw was scaring a large number of people and I would consider it a worthy "scare item")

• Like 3

Ok , so heres how I feel, everyone is entitled to like or not like something at the haunt. And unless you work there you have NO idea what it takes each night to give people a good scare or what its like when you give all you got and certain people will badmouth you or give attitude. And its true that everyone has there scare threshhold, everyone has that certain thing that they are scared by, I scared someone by smiling at them so it just goes to show that it takes a little something different from person to person. I have to back up Zakk on this ,hes only defending what he does and also defending how much he puts into what he does. Theres only so much a person can take or listen to. We all have our breaking points. Its just hard not to take things personally when you hear it every night. I love the haunt and the public and my only job is to scare you and thats what ill try to do every night ! Its not everyone but I do wonder why those certain very small group of people come if they are NEVER happy with ANYTHING at the Haunt. I think everyone working the Haunt would agree that we want to scare and just have fun and we want the public to have fun as well.

• Like 2

For me, what makes the chainsaws "scary" in any sense of the word isn't that I think it's going to chop my feet off. What gets me about chainsaws, when they're placed properly--like at the end of Slaughterhouse this year, or at the end of Cornstalkers and Trail of Terror in past years--is that I'm usually jumpy enough heading towards them that, when the person wielding the chainsaw jumps out at you, you don't have the reaction time to subconsciously realize, "Woah! That guy scared me. Good one." It's there, it's loud, and it doesn't stop as soon as it's started like most scareactors. If they time it just right and have hidden well enough beforehand, I'm caught so off guard by the sudden presence of it that the adrenaline flows for several seconds, so it almost feels natural to run. (Trail of Terror was notorious for this: you could stand in line and watch group after group run from the trail's exit. Unfortunately, it seemed like they went a bit overboard with it towards the end of Haunt last year... There usually were three chainsaws, and the sound of so many of them idling at once pretty much announced their existence.)

Right, because people like you who haven't paid a dime to get into an amusement park without going to its Halloween-themed event know more about how to scare people and what actually is scary than people like Mr. Spade who push their bodies to their limits making sure the people who DID pay a dime to get into an amusement park's Halloween-themed event got their money's worth during the entire run of the event. I'm kinda glad I didn't get myself a Platinum Pass else I'd turn into an inconsiderable jerk.

So everyone who has a platinum pass is a jerk? BTW, I don't have any kind of season pass either.

• Like 1

What doesn't scare you can be the very thing that can send someone else high stepping for the nearest exit.

Speaking of high stepping for the nearest exit...as (in my opinion) proof that Saturday night Haunts are way over-crowded, on the 24th I was staying at the Kings Island Resort. At around 9:00 I had to go back to the resort to get some stuff. (I had an extra ticket to get back in.) The bus was pretty much full...and here it was only 9 o'clock. On the way over to the resort the bus driver asked why so many people were leaving, if it was because the park was too crowded...there were quite a few people who yelled yes.

Figuring that MOST people who are paying for a hotel room are from quite a distance away...what does it say when after only 2 hours these people would rather go back to their hotel than stand in line. I would guess that some of these people don't forget this and choose not to bother coming back to The Haunt...which if the opinions of many here are correct, these are the park's desired guests. (Out of town families.)

I guess my ramblings are meant to sum up my frustration with the park's idea that the more the merrier if there's a chance they can squeeze even a little money out of each person through the door. It should be quality not quantity.

But, you see, the more crowded it gets, the more Fright Lane passes they can sell. And then, when those lines get too long, watch for the new Gold Fright Lane. And then, a bit future down the road, Platinum.

Then some day, repeat business for regular guests will be down. And the management will scratch their heads, saying "What's wrong? we were doing so well!."

Guest rcfreak339

Chainsaws are annoying, cliche, and not scary.

God knows...and so does AZ, that I certainly call him out when I disagree with him...which seems to be about 80% of the time...so it's only fair to stand up for him when I do agree with him. :P

I don't get the whole chainsaw thing either. I'm sorry, but it makes about as much sense as being scared of someone running around with a leaf blower reving it up. Anyone with a smidgen of intelligence knows that it has to be harmless...especially in this lawsuit happy world of ours...how anyone is SCARED I have no idea...I can understand startled, but NOT scared.

I agree with chainsaws being scary, the ONLY reason people find them scary is the loud and annoying noise they make.